Please sign my petition to force Eric to capitalize his name!

Frostbyt

-eric

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/37452359.jpg

You've all noticed it. You may have asked yourselves, why doesn't he capitalize his name? Who does he think he is?! Is he a hipster, man child, or troll? Does he just not give a #$%@ !?

Well, what ever his reason is. (This petition may be removed if there is good one) It's high time that Eric is forced to capitalize his signature. I know I'm not alone in this. Please support this petition, whether you are a grammar Nazi, troglodyte, bigot, constipated, troll, have OCD, respect common courtesy, have a shred of decency, or perpetually wake up on the wrong side of the bed.

Please sign if the lowercase "e" bugs you to!

Edited by Frostbyt

You've all noticed it. You may have asked yourselves, why doesn't he capitalize his name? Who does he think he is?! Is he a hipster, man child, or troll? Does he just not give a #$%@ !?

Well, what ever his reason is. (This petition may be removed if there is good one) It's high time that Eric is forced to capitalize his signature. I know I'm not alone in this. Please support this petition, whether you are a grammar nazi, biggot, constipated, troll, have OCD, respect common courtesy, have a shred of decency, or habitually wake up on the wrong side of the bed.

Don't kiss butt, dude.

Don't kiss butt, dude.

Another thread I need to start. There's no need to quote the original post in it's entirety. Everyone assumes you're replying to the original post. There's no reason to quote it, especially when you're the first reply!!! Do you think the quote button is reply?

Edited by Frostbyt

Another thread I need to start. There's no need to quote the original post in it's entirety. Everyone assumes you're replying to the original post. There's no reason to quote it, especially when you're the first reply!!! Do you think the quote button is reply?

Yeah, reported you for being offensive. I'll quote who I want to. You're not a mod.

Well, what ever his reason is. (This petition may be removed if there is good one) It's high time that Eric is forced to capitalize his signature. I know I'm not alone in this. Please support this petition, whether you are a grammar nazi, biggot, constipated, troll, have OCD, respect common courtesy, have a shred of decency, or perpetually wake up on the wrong side of the bed.

No. Get over it. Who cares how he writes his name. Useless petition thread is useless.

Yeah, reported you for being offensive. I'll quote who I want to. You're not a mod.

How do you know if he's not a mod? He could be listening to the Beatles, getting dressed in his fancy velour suit to go to the discotheque right now!

Course, if he is a Mod, I'm going to have to beat him.

Because I am a Rocker and Rockers and Mods will ALWAYS be mortal enemies!

• Dev Post

Haha I love this thread. We actually had this exact conversation here at the office a while ago as either Amber or Courtney...I forget, asked why I don't capitalize the e. I am more than happy to explain it to you, incoming boring story!

Before I worked at BioWare I worked in Marketing, more specifically, as a Graphic Designer. When I developed my "self-branding" towards the end of college I was trying to use circles a lot in my design. When doing so I realized that if my name was entirely lowercase, and I didn't dot the i in Eric, that each individual letter could be a part of a circle. With that my original self-branding logo was each letter of my name inside of its own circle.

To follow that theme and to stay consistent, I used all lowercase letters throughout all of my self-branding, including my resume. That is to say, that even headers and subheads on my resume were lowercase. I know this shatters traditional grammar rules but you get a bit of leeway with these things in the design world.

I obviously have moved on to more correct usage of grammar but for some reason signing things with "-eric" has stuck. That my friends, is how the lowercase e came to be.

Happy Thursday!

-eric

Haha I love this thread. We actually had this exact conversation here at the office a while ago as either Amber or Courtney...I forget, asked why I don't capitalize the e. I am more than happy to explain it to you, incoming boring story!

Before I worked at BioWare I worked in Marketing, more specifically, as a Graphic Designer. When I developed my "self-branding" towards the end of college I was trying to use circles a lot in my design. When doing so I realized that if my name was entirely lowercase, and I didn't dot the i in Eric, that each individual letter could be a part of a circle. With that my original self-branding logo was each letter of my name inside of its own circle.

To follow that theme and to stay consistent, I used all lowercase letters throughout all of my self-branding, including my resume. That is to say, that even headers and subheads on my resume were lowercase. I know this shatters traditional grammar rules but you get a bit of leeway with these things in the design world.

I obviously have moved on to more correct usage of grammar but for some reason signing things with "-eric" has stuck. That my friends, is how the lowercase e came to be.

Happy Thursday!

-eric

Haha. You know what's usually also a circular? Chat bubbles. Might want to get someone to finally add them to the game so you could /say eric and look at them over and over. ;) Edited by Glzmo

neat reason for the lowercase... i never capitalize my name either, but for a different reason... in cryptography it's often understood that someone that signs their name lowercase is someone that does not put themselves above others, conversly it could also signify someone that thinks lowly of themselves... good to know yours was a design choice and a good one too...

no to the petition, keep that lower e...

Well, what ever his reason is. (This petition may be removed if there is good one) It's high time that Eric is forced to capitalize his signature. I know I'm not alone in this. Please support this petition, whether you are a grammar Nazi, troglodyte, bigot, constipated, troll, have OCD, respect common courtesy, have a shred of decency, or perpetually wake up on the wrong side of the bed.

Who made you enforcer of forum grammar? :p

But hey.. you need to be consistent. I find your spelling of Frostbyte disturbing. Please petition yourself to change it. :p