Deception DPS 1.4 before and after

djmurloc

O a, curious to see how much differences since patch. Please post the damage differences you've noticed

Side note: Maul seems to not be criting as hard on the operations dummy than on actual bosses. Like 2k less. :\

Via Mox Parser on Operations dummy

Please use this format:

Gear: 5 columi, 4 Rakata, 2 BH,

MH - Columi equiv.

Melee Damage (pri) 851-1032

Acc 98.93

Crit 31.11

Surge 76.62

Spec: 7/31/3

1.3 -- Around 1000

1.4 - Around 1200

Given your gear is still a work in progress. This isn't so bad at all.

Right now I'm currently running in full min/maxed BH gear with no set bonus :-(

Primary maxed around 1100-1295 (roughly)

Melée bonus: 700

Force: 995

Crit: 33%

On the ops dummy I'm parsing around 1550-1600 in a 5 minute window.

Pre patch I was around 1250-1400 max.

Definitely pleased with the changes.

Edited by Andar

Given your gear is still a work in progress. This isn't so bad at all.

Right now I'm currently running in full min/maxed BH gear with no set bonus :-(

Primary maxed around 1100-1295 (roughly)

Melée bonus: 700

Force: 995

Crit: 33%

On the ops dummy I'm parsing around 1550-1600 in a 5 minute window.

Pre patch I was around 1250-1400 max.

Definitely pleased with the changes.

What spec are you running? I can't find reliable info on whether 2/31/8 is better than 7/31/3. Or is it negligible?

It is still not adequate for pve imo, I am clocking around 1500 dps on dummy in my gear on deception but close to 1600 on madness. The rotation is a lot easier with stealth/blackout regen force but there is still a lot of dry periods if I over burst.

The burst in pvp is nuts now, it was pretty decent before patch but now its close to OP. And rage smashers can't really do much to me with my the aoe reduction and blackout 25% dmg reduction, it is just silly :p Not even counting in force shroud and other def cooldowns...

Edited by Dierdrea

It is still not adequate for pve imo, I am clocking around 1500 dps on dummy in my gear on deception but close to 1600 on madness. The rotation is a lot easier with stealth/blackout regen force but there is still a lot of dry periods if I over burst.

The burst in pvp is nuts now, it was pretty decent before patch but now its close to OP. And rage smashers can't really do much to me with my the aoe reduction and blackout 25% dmg reduction, it is just silly :p Not even counting in force shroud and other def cooldowns...

that may me true but i think i'm gonna stick with deception even if madness is still alot higher dps i hate madness and i think deception is alot more fun to ply

What spec are you running? I can't find reliable info on whether 2/31/8 is better than 7/31/3. Or is it negligible?

I run 3/31/7 deception for pvp. It is significantly improved. I run surging charge. I find the burst to fantastic. I'd rather have the consistent added dmg the other 3% AP provides statistically then the potential to get a second shock increased roll an additional 15%.

I would call that a preferences issue and depending RNG luck the difference could be measured to provide you a better picture, but that is hard to quantify.

I run a build that uses spike out of stealth and take the added spike skill that reduces movement speed.

I open with spike, maul, shock.

I use voltaic slash twice hoping to get duplicity to pop.

I then use low slash, maul, shock.

You'll probably need to stealth or blackout for force. You can usually electrocute, voltaic, maul, shock after that if the opponent isn't dead.

I am doing a lot of burst and surviving longer.

Tanksin survivability was nerfed. Deception plays like a marauder now.

I miss force pull a lot and huttball just isn't as fun as being a ball carrier.

Make sure you use your slows, sprints as you see fit. I pepper in whirlwind. I never use crushing (DoT). You may want to spike and voltaic, voltaic, shock. That is up to your personal preference IMO.

Add in recklessness as you find its ready with shock. Pepper in discharge when its off cooldown. I use it when someone is at range and I am closing out of stealth.

I run a build that uses spike out of stealth and take the added spike skill that reduces movement speed.

I open with spike, maul, shock.

I use voltaic slash twice hoping to get duplicity to pop.

Try again, out of stealth spike is too far up in darkness to get as deception.

You open from stealth with spike. I never said in deception I had spike outside of stealth. Hence the term (OPEN with).

As to the question on what 2 points or 3 in darkness I prefer the addition armor penetration in charge mastery as thrash and voltaic are not the big DPS skills.

Too bad the only spike thing in darkness is the "use out of cloak" ability, ANY assassin in ANY spec has spike.

As for Deception being **** in pve.... tell that to my raid group who are all (including myself) full BH/campaign) when I pull boss agro.

I've never had a problem in Ops or Pvp, infact I've been top dps of pvp matches quite often when i did pvp (pre 1.4, now I imagine it would be just silly)

My current stats are

BUFFED/Stimed (Willpower @(EDIT: 2145)

DMG: 1051-1246

Bonus DMG: 662.5

Acc:100.35%

Crit: 35.34%

Crit X: 77.51

Health: 21063

UnBuffed/not stimed (Willpower @ 1915)

DMG: 961-1156

Bonus DMG: 571

Acc: SAME

Crit: 29.21%

Crit X: SAME

My build has always been deception but, I have recently specd into the chain shock as opposed to my original Deception/darkness spec

2/31/8 (with the 2 into Charge Mastery for the added unmitigated dmg)

My rotation is primarily from stealth: Blow all dmg boosting CDs + Spike + Voltaic X 2 (Maul if proc'd) + Maul which is usually proc'd by this point if not used by my second attack, if used then i use Voltaic X 2 or shock, then I hit blackout throw in 2 reg hits, throw out a Discharge (which at this point has 4-5 stacks + overcharge and recklessness still active)

From there its maul when duplicity is proc'd, shock as often as is up, with an eye on your Voltaic charges to judge when to throw another out to keep the buff up, and discharge at 3 stacks at least (can be used with none if you're really unlucky).

I try to keep my force at around 20-30% out of burn phases, which seems to give me at least 4 static charges before discharge is up again, or at least around there. During burn phases I use blackout and force cloak and blackout again(since 1.4 <3)

Since the changes I have noticed MUCH improvement when it comes to force management as well as a substantial dps increase. taking my formal pre 1.4 rotation and tweeking it wasn't hard (you literally subtract a few voltaic's and replace them with mauls if procd and basic hits to keep your static charges and force up) Not too mention the fact that using force cloak gives you force regen and now also eliminates Blackout's CD <3<3 therefore you are able to have massive amounts of force regen during a burn phase.

Edited by Ryuri-Sama

[quote=PlagaNerezza;5220133

Your words not mine. The rest of your post made sense, but not that one line.

Edited by RankorSSGS

Your words not mine. The rest of your post made sense, but not that one line.

I want to be clear.. I misread your original. Just as I think you are misunderstanding his. I believe he means he uses spike as his first attack from being stealth.

Edited by Ryuri-Sama

I want to be clear.. I misread your original. Just as I think you are misunderstanding his. I believe he means he uses spike as his first attack from being stealth.

That makes sense, but what deception assassin doesn't do that? That's not specific to any build. Thanks for clarifying that though.

Edited by RankorSSGS

That makes sense, but what deception assassin doesn't do that? That's not specific to any build. Thanks for clarifying that though.

No worries, I think the point of him highlighting the fact he uses spike was to add that he spec'd into deception's 70% slow effect from spike

I personally open with spike, straight into a maul, regardless of proc or not. Gives me a good opener, especially if spike does proc maul. The reason I do this is basically for maximum force usage. With Dark Embrace going, if you don't use a maul basically right away, your going to refill your force bar, which is wasted force. Maul is expensive enough to not have this issue unless it procs. Dark embrace is enough to cover the full 50 force, so you still aren't hurting force management for later. In pvp, the likelihood of being stunned as soon as you pop out of stealth is ridiculously high, which unless you dump a ton of force into maul, you end up wasting even more force while you are stunned. Personal preference I suppose, but I've found this to work best.

So my pvp rotation looks something like the following:

Open with spike straight into maul. After the maul, I'll go to my 2x Voltaics. Then depending how confident I am about being able to unload my burst, I may use electrocute to stop them from doing something to nullify my burst such as a defensive cd or a stun. Once that's done, I'll pop recklessness, and use shock and discharge. If maul does proc, I interrupt this rotation to use it, and then resume. Blackout also gets used either in the middle of this, or right after. After that, it really varies on how much hp they have left, or what procs have come up. Sometimes chain shock will have taken my third recklessness charge, others I'll still have it for another shock after some more voltaic. Now is when I start saving discharge for when its got some stacks to boost it, in my opener I use discharge regardless of how many stacks it has, just to try and get my burst off ASAP. Assassinate whenever applicable, same with cds, stuns etc. If I'm still fighting much past this point, either myself or my enemies usually have all been sent back to the respawn gate.

In pvp, the likelihood of being stunned as soon as you pop out of stealth is ridiculously high, which unless you dump a ton of force into maul, you end up wasting even more force while you are stunned. Personal preference I suppose, but I've found this to work best.

Try popping Force shroud as soon as you spike them, I find that you are correct in that they will usually use their knockbacks and stuns off the bat to chew your burn phase. However I find that when I hit shroud and proceed with my burn, they usually get scared and panic a bit, usually resulting in a mess up of their rotation and me winning via execution of a complete burst rotation or half of one anyways. xD