Any way to get Story Mode Dread Council tamed just a little?

We cleared the fights since the week it came out and have never had this issue, make sure to place yourself with your back against the thingys close to the thrones at the sides of the platform and IF you get pulled by Tyrans, pop Hold the Line. If you have your back against the wall, there is no reason to pop Hold the Line meaning you can save it for that oh-my-god-this-is-bad situation.

Haha never thought of doing it that way.

Thanks for the tip

This fight drops 72 gear. It is easier than every HM fight in S&V and TFB hard modes. This fight is ridiculously easy and is a gift of underworld gear. If you are struggling in lower than 69s, then you are under geared and need to gear up. This should not be nerfed.

The mechanics are easy. You just need experience.

I personally disagree that SM Dread Masters is easier than every HM fight in SnV. Titan 6, Thrasher, Ops Chief, Oolok, and Warlords are all arguably no more difficult than the Dread Masters. That's most of the op. In TFB, Writhing Horror, Dread Guards and Kephess the Undying are all arguably less difficult than Dread Masters.

The fight is easy, but pug needs to be organized and people need to know what to do. You do not need this fight for a weekly so it is not an issue to skip it. Those who do not wish to skip it should expect to wipe few times on first try, and why shouldn't they? You need to learn how to do it and not just expect the dread masters to die on sight. Tank and spank much? Edited by ELRunninW

The biggest objection I have to this fight is that most people quit before it. It makes it hard to practice at it when people drop out once they hit their weekly comms. I have two toons that need this fight done, yet I've only faced it once because everyone drops before it.

I know people will say, get in a good guild, but I have found even with a lot of guild runs just enough people drop that the rest have to call it. The problem then is that later you have to assemble a group of people locked at the final boss and that rarely happens.

I always wondered if there could be some sort of extra bonus for people who complete the operation and don't just complete the requirements for the weekly. Perhaps more ultimate or elite comms, maybe even an increase in weekly allowance of comms for certain number of completed ops.

The mechanics are easy. You just need experience.

This nails it. You just need to play enough to understand how its done, then it becomes as easy as those are claiming it to be. Why would you even want it to be easy? Doesn't it feel better when you accomplish something after you struggle for a bit? I actually still haven't finished it, but each time I play I get closer to finishing (just barely missed it last night). I guarantee when I finally get it done, I will feel better than I would have breezing through it easily.

This nails it. You just need to play enough to understand how its done, then it becomes as easy as those are claiming it to be. Why would you even want it to be easy? Doesn't it feel better when you accomplish something after you struggle for a bit? I actually still haven't finished it, but each time I play I get closer to finishing (just barely missed it last night). I guarantee when I finally get it done, I will feel better than I would have breezing through it easily.

Okay, finally found a PUG last night which actually made it to the Dread Council. My first time at it, so was a little nervous. We didn't complete it because several people had to leave as we had run out of time. We had managed to do DF just before in 45 minutes and then cleared our way through DP without any problems as well. Until the Dread Council.

After my experience, I'd agree they do NOT need to adjust this fight in SM. I like the mechanics and with others who know the fight, this will be a very fun fight once I've done it a few more times. Looking forward to eventually completing it.

The op is made for 69+ gear, you are undergeared and obviously not ready gearwise or skillwise for the op and complain about how it is only easy if you're a "pro and overgeared". 66/69s are what it is for and there are 5 other ops you can run to prepare you for these 2. There is NO reason it should be made easier because people like to skip half the content and expect to faceroll everything in 50 gear. If you are having trouble, it is YOUR FAULT.

Oh and by the way, they are aren't tuned for people who revolve their life around this game, they are tuned for people who have the ability to use their brain, I know I know, why tune it for such a low population? But.. too bad.

Agreed. And you can get a full set of 66 gear from doing the Oricon dailies which you can get easily from only Makeb planetary gear. Seriously, SM Czerka flashpoints drop 66 blues and the hard mode operations all drop 69 gear. Getting gear in this game is easy and requires little in the way of competence.

This is not about the level of difficulty of the mechanics or how hard the bosses hit. A group of people that already know the fight will faceroll it with less-than-adequate gear. The issue lies in how many mechanics and things to remember are there. Kill order, assignment of crystals, each master's specific ablities/bbuffs/debuffs, Brontes laser redux, positioning, dps "tanking". With voice chat an experienced player can instantly remind the group about the tactics throughout the entire run. Not exactly easy with chat only. Hence why this is a 'wipe until the entire group memorizes each stage of the fight' kind of a boss. Being the last boss with people already tired/wanting to finish, the result is pug groups constantly falling apart. A boss like this should be placed earlier in an operation.