Battle of Ilum - need suggestions for final battle

I was in a group which tried Battle of Ilum earlier today (hard mode). It was a PUG group, but consisted of guild players, and everyone seemed competent and well-geared as far as I could tell. We did pretty good going through the zone, especially considering only one of us had done Ilum before.

The last battle was rough. We made several runs but consistently got the boss to 20% before the enrage timer kicked in. I think the problem was the teleportation trick the boss has. All those seconds the boss was invisible add up. It's wasted dps time. Is there any way to make it so the boss doesn't teleport as often?

Any suggestions for how to beat the last fight? I love the area, and I'd like to finish it on hard one day :)

Edited by XAubrey

As you do the fight more, the mechanics will become a lot more familiar and the overall group dps will increase because of that.

More specifically, there isn't much to do except interupt force blast, and use your break out ability when he CC's you.

- P

If you did everything perfectly and are hitting the enrage timer, then the dps are lacking. Simple as that. There's not much else you can do except keep the add and the boss right next to each other so you can AOE them both. If you're still hitting the enrage timer after AOEing them, then you know it's your dps that are not performing up to par.

I've been reading guides to find out how to beat the last boss. Every guide mentions that the boss vanishes twice during the fight, but my experience was that he vanished at least a dozen times. I'll willing to believe that two of those times he vanished for a longer than usual period.

Is it possible this boss was changed recently? With the boss disappearing so frequently, you can see why DPS has trouble burning him down.

I've been reading guides to find out how to beat the last boss. Every guide mentions that the boss vanishes twice during the fight, but my experience was that he vanished at least a dozen times. I'll willing to believe that two of those times he vanished for a longer than usual period.

Is it possible this boss was changed recently? With the boss disappearing so frequently, you can see why DPS has trouble burning him down.

Nope, I also ran this recently. It's your DPS not performing up to par that you can't kill him successfully. He also disappeared a lot on us (he is supposed to do that, starting at about 50% - he does it twice in a row and then repeats it a few seconds later).