Devs: Regarding Ilum

Scoobings

Though I doubt this will get any attention at all, I still want to say it.

You're being too reactionary. Every change you've made to Ilum has been a result of players exploiting the design of Ilum. In a sense, every change you've made has been defensive.

You need to take initiative and go on the offensive if you ever want Ilum to be better. What do you want players to do, and then impliment mechanics to force them to do it. Give players a reason to stop base trading, and that will disappear. Give them a reason to not kill trade, and that will disappear. Don't just impliment short-sighted changes in an attempt, which will inevitably fail, to curtail the player's race to the finish.

Give the players a reason to work as a team, toward an objective that is meaningful. Give the Republic a reason to want those objectives, and a reason to defend even when they're out-numbered. Find a way to thin the numbers of the winning side, by forcing them to spread thin so the out numbered side has a chance/reward with at least guerrilla warfare.

Whatever your vision for Ilum is (I hope this isn't it) find a way to impliment mechanics that will guide the players to behave the way you want.

If players have no reason to exploit, they won't do it. Stop being so damned reactionary.

Edited by Scoobings

I agree. Found this part of patch 1.1.2 to be a joke..

Ilum

Chests on Ilum now respawn less frequently to reduce potential gains from farming.

Really? You mean the only way to actually complete the dailies was just taken away?

I would like to add that Ilum's weekly is disproportionate to other weeklies. I.e. Weekly PvP is 3x the daily, weekly Hardcore is 3x the daily... so WHY is the weekly Ilum PvP 5 times the daily?

Generally, as much as I love PvP, I have stopped going to Ilum for it because it is never there, and when it is it is usually 10 people picking on 1 or 2. VERY rarely is it two even groups battling it out. This needs to be solved for, but the answer isn't nerfs and changes. As the above poster suggests, it really needs a redesign from the ground up. I would honestly (as much as I hate to say it) look to Alterac Valley in WoW for some guidance perhaps and make people queue for Ilum PvP to make it fair.

Really? You mean the only way to actually complete the dailies was just taken away?

I would like to add that Ilum's weekly is disproportionate to other weeklies. I.e. Weekly PvP is 3x the daily, weekly Hardcore is 3x the daily... so WHY is the weekly Ilum PvP 5 times the daily?

Generally, as much as I love PvP, I have stopped going to Ilum for it because it is never there, and when it is it is usually 10 people picking on 1 or 2. VERY rarely is it two even groups battling it out. This needs to be solved for, but the answer isn't nerfs and changes. As the above poster suggests, it really needs a redesign from the ground up. I would honestly (as much as I hate to say it) look to Alterac Valley in WoW for some guidance perhaps and make people queue for Ilum PvP to make it fair.

Yeah. I stopped going to Ilum a long time ago. It's just a waste of time at this point :rolleyes:

Wrong chests. These are gear/credit chests not armament chests.

Though I doubt this will get any attention at all, I still want to say it.

You're being too reactionary. Every change you've made to Ilum has been a result of players exploiting the design of Ilum. In a sense, every change you've made has been defensive.

You need to take initiative and go on the offensive if you ever want Ilum to be better. What do you want players to do, and then impliment mechanics to force them to do it. Give players a reason to stop base trading, and that will disappear. Give them a reason to not kill trade, and that will disappear. Don't just impliment short-sighted changes in an attempt, which will inevitably fail, to curtail the player's race to the finish.

Give the players a reason to work as a team, toward an objective that is meaningful. Give the Republic a reason to want those objectives, and a reason to defend even when they're out-numbered. Find a way to thin the numbers of the winning side, by forcing them to spread thin so the out numbered side has a chance/reward with at least guerrilla warfare.

Whatever your vision for Ilum is (I hope this isn't it) find a way to impliment mechanics that will guide the players to behave the way you want.

If players have no reason to exploit, they won't do it. Stop being so damned reactionary.

Well put, I agree wholeheartedly.