Wow this makes me really sad :(

Eleonora

As I noted in another post, yes, they managed to somehow separate it from the account.

Then they entered via your email account. In order to remove a security key, you have to trigger, accept, and use a one time password, which is only sent to the email address of record on the account.

Beside the usual don't share and don't tell your pass and personal Infos . One more things I would add : Is to clean up your browser and pc more often . As well , after every transaction you make online . Do not use the ''Save this password'' and ''Stay connected Online'' .

Sorry to hear about that. I don't know how you feel about special letters in your name, but if you really want to make "Hollie" again, you could try these:

ô = alt 147

ø = alt 0248

í = alt 161

ì = alt 141

ï = alt 651

It won't be exactly the same, but it'll be pretty close. Hope that helps.

You don't even need all of those-

If your Hollie has a lasname (or if that lastname is the legacy name, then a middle name) you can use

Hollie LastorMiddleNameafterthespacehere

It's not a complete workaround, but it's close.

Other than that, Customer Service is your best bet. Wish you luck!

Yeah I dunno if I want to bother, I think I'm more unhappy about losing the name than anything else. Everything else can be regained, but losing the name just really stings.

Strange, I'd care more about the no longer attainable gear (Ranked, Operations) and titles that was attached to that toon than their name.

Different players, different priorities I guess.

Then they entered via your email account. In order to remove a security key, you have to trigger, accept, and use a one time password, which is only sent to the email address of record on the account.

Yes, it does sound like the hacker had/has access to the OPs email.

I'd strongly suggest that they talk to an IT person in case the problem is not actually dealt with.

I feel like venting, so, sorry I guess.

Back in March my account got hacked and a couple hundred dollars worth of cartel coins was bought with my card (which didn't even have the money so I got hit hard with charges).

BioWare banned my account as a result. I got reimbursed but didn't get unbanned until a few days ago.

Like many of you, I have a whole lot of characters and some of them I don't play much anymore unless I need to craft something.

So just now I was looking for my smuggler because she's my money farming character... and after going back and forth a few times, I realize she is gone. Deleted. She had maxed biochem and several million credits (which I'm sure the hackers relieved me of first) and was very special to me.

I'm really unhappy, and I don't even know if I want to reroll her or not. This is just sad.

EDIT: And now her name is taken too, so whoever got "Hollie" on Ebon Hawk, GG I guess.

Why are hackers such a-holes?

As others have said - call the CS department and they can restore your items and toon. I had the same problem last year. It took the CS guy almost a day to restore everything as he had to manually return everything I had. Poor dude! Hell, the hackers even transferred 2 of my characters to a different server!

Its a shame you're not on TRE, otherwise I could have helped you with mats and credits if you needed.

Edited by DarthMaulUK

You could try to sound more intelligent. Learning the difference between your and you're would be a good start.

Yeah, I know... my opinion is also irrelevant to you.

Your grammar police antics grants the appearance you're a snob with no relevant topic input.

Edited by Soljin

Back in March my account got hacked and a couple hundred dollars worth of cartel coins was bought with my card (which didn't even have the money so I got hit hard with charges).

BioWare banned my account as a result. I got reimbursed but didn't get unbanned until a few days ago.

Like many of you, I have a whole lot of characters and some of them I don't play much anymore unless I need to craft something.

So just now I was looking for my smuggler because she's my money farming character... and after going back and forth a few times, I realize she is gone. Deleted. She had maxed biochem and several million credits (which I'm sure the hackers relieved me of first) and was very special to me.

I'm really unhappy, and I don't even know if I want to reroll her or not. This is just sad.

EDIT: And now her name is taken too, so whoever got "Hollie" on Ebon Hawk, GG I guess.

I am sorry this has happened to you. This has never happened to me, but has happened to one of the guild members in my previous guild. It really is not as hard as people think to get hacked since you do not have to call up customer support anymore to remove the key.

I would ask them to see if they could restore that character like everyone else has said. I would like to add one more suggestion and that is use a different email address. One of the things I do is when it comes to mmo's is that I use a different email address for each game. Your email password should be different than your game password so if someone tries it again, they won't get in.

That really blows with the name and all. I suggest you don't give up yet and contact customer service through a phone call.

If they want to live up to the word service I think that they should restore your character with its former name since it was created before the "false reincarnation" and also offer the "false" Hollie a name change.

Sure that player might get salty but the name shouldn't have been available in the first place if your account didnt get compromized.

I know I'm a bit too optimistic but thats just how I would do it if I was a CSR employee.

Edited by Gray

Back when there was a credit exploit a while back, some players who didn't exploit, but had lots of credits were accidentally banned. Some of those players, after restoring their accounts through CS, supposedly lost all of their credits and items.

Could it be because that the hackers used your account to spread credits, they got your character deleted in the process?

I got the character back, but the overall damage is.. hell I don't even know if I care now. I'm so done with dealing with this ordeal emotionally.

Thanks everyone for your kind replies.

Hollíe is the most inconspicuous change :)

Otherwise call her Hollie Hell or something ! Hollie Reborn...