Currencies

QuinlanSaathis

This is from the Reddit AMA.

Question - “Which currencies are you getting rid of? I really think it needs a streamline!

Currently I've got Light Side Tokens, Dark Side Tokens, Command Tokens, Iokath Power Shards, Relics of Ossus, Masterwork Crystal, Monumental Crystals, Alliance Recon Data, Fleet Commendations, Ranked PvP Reward Tokens in the top section”

Answer -

So, fully acknowledge that currencies have gotten out of hand as of late. Historically, currency was used to gauge participation in specific content. However, we should be much more diligent about how many unique currencies are active at one time. For reputation areas I'd like us to lean away from unique's and rely more on the Reputation requirement and a simple Credit transaction.

Currencies planned for deprecation (Credit conversion):

• Unassembled Components

• Command Tokens

• Masterwork Crystals

• Monumental Crystals

• Alliance Recon Data

For the existing reputation currencies we'll be moving them to a new category on the currency window so they aren't competing for "End Game" Status.

Did they say anything about unused command chests or alliance supply crates? I didn't find anything.

Alliance Supply crates likely won't be changing, since that system is integral to Star Fortress missions, but I'm not certain.

Question - “What about existing command crates? What will happen with them? Also, the command tokens in your command stash? Will they convert into credits with the expansion or be lost?”

Answer -

Command Crates will stay as they are (Minus the CXP Consumable and Command Tokens). These crates will not scale with you and are still level 70.

Alliance Supply crates likely won't be changing, since that system is integral to Star Fortress missions, but I'm not certain.

Don't forget there's

• golden certificates
  • Cartel market certificates
  • Fleet Comms
  • PVP comms
  • Gree currency
  • Thorn currencies
  • Mannan Data currency
  • Dantooine currency
  • Masterwork crystals
  • Relics of Ossus
  • DNA Sample
  • Monumental Data crystal
  • Umbara currency

And probaly a load of others I can't remember.

Here's hoping the Crates from the Heroics are going to get converted. I've got 100s and I can't really be bothered to open them all one after another.

Don't forget there's
  • golden certificates
  • Fleet Comms
  • PVP comms
  • Gree currency
  • Thorn currencies
  • Mannan Data currency
  • Dantooine currency
  • Masterwork crystals
  • Relics of Ossus
  • DNA Sample
  • Umbara currency

Here's hoping the Crates from the Heroics are going to get converted. I've got 100s and I can't really be bothered to open them all one after another.

They hold legacy armor and gifts

Why would they need to be converted, no currency there.

Here's another question, I looked and didn't find anything. Does anyone know what happens with the CXP chips from the Command Crates and FPs? I can't think of the name right now, but the ones that give you command experience by clicking them. I have almost two cargo bays full of them. Edited by Pirana

Don't forget there's
  • golden certificates
  • Fleet Comms
  • PVP comms
  • Gree currency
  • Thorn currencies
  • Mannan Data currency
  • Dantooine currency
  • Masterwork crystals
  • Relics of Ossus
  • DNA Sample
  • Umbara currency

Some of these will be converted to credits as noted in my comment above, namely, Masterwork crystals, Monumental Data crystals, and Umbara currency (Alliance Recon Data). Reputation currencies that appear on the Currency tab are going to be moved to a separate section. No confirmation, but I'm assuming that includes Light/Dark Side tokens, Iokath Power Shards, Relics of Ossus, and Dantooine Surveyor's Notes. Fleet and PVP comms are already in there own section. Those may stay where they are or get shuffled around, but I don't think they're going away. All of the other currencies go into your storage and don't appear on the Currency Tab. On PTS, though, there are these new currencies on the Gree, Thorn, and Bounty Broker vendors that convert from the existing to a new version, and vice versa, on a 1:1 basis. No idea what they do so that's a wait and see. Note that Eric/Daniel stated that they may be moving away from having individual reputation currencies and going to just reputation requirement + credits. What that will mean for things like the Ossus, Gree, BBA, etc tokens is unknown.

Here's another question, I looked and didn't find anything. Does anyone know what happens with the CXP chips from the Command Crates and FPs? I can't think of the name right now, but the ones that give you command experience by clicking them. I have almost two cargo bays full of them.

Those will be going away so use them before 6.0.

Question - “What will happen to CXP packs? Will CXP boost consumables still be a thing? If so, will they be refreshable (the current ones aren’t, which often leads to them falling off at the worst of times). Will XP boost consumables impact Renown gain? More generally, how will all of the various boosts interact?”

Answer -

• CXP Packs: Use these before 6.0! CXP Consumables will be going away. This delivery mechanism was a byproduct of the original CXP 5.0 launch that we weren't able to move away from. In 6.0 CXP (Renown) will be generated via content rewards, not consumables.

• CXP Boosts: Rebranded to Renown Boosts. Everything they currently do stays intact in the new system. I'll try to get some eyes on the refresh-able issue and see what we can do here.

• XP Boosts: Will impact Renown gain! Let me explain a little how this works below:

A portion of all Experience Points gained is converted into Renown Points. Any increases to experience points increases this. This Experience conversion is on top of the existing Renown Points. (Think of the XP conversion as a bonus on the existing values).

A renown boost will effect ALL renown gains. This means there's a world where an XP and Renown boost work together, if that's your thing!

Some of these will be converted to credits as noted in my comment above, namely, Masterwork crystals, Monumental Data crystals, and Umbara currency (Alliance Recon Data). Reputation currencies that appear on the Currency tab are going to be moved to a separate section. No confirmation, but I'm assuming that includes Light/Dark Side tokens, Iokath Power Shards, Relics of Ossus, and Dantooine Surveyor's Notes. Fleet and PVP comms are already in there own section. Those may stay where they are or get shuffled around, but I don't think they're going away. All of the other currencies go into your storage and don't appear on the Currency Tab. On PTS, though, there are these new currencies on the Gree, Thorn, and Bounty Broker vendors that convert from the existing to a new version, and vice versa, on a 1:1 basis. No idea what they do so that's a wait and see. Note that Eric/Daniel stated that they may be moving away from having individual reputation currencies and going to just reputation requirement + credits. What that will mean for things like the Ossus, Gree, BBA, etc tokens is unknown.

Those will be going away so use them before 6.0.

Thanks for the link. I remember reading it now.