Pre-50 Purchases

ArokhX

Here's a question for the PvP community: I'm not level 50 on one of my characters yet, but I've reached the 2000 commendations cap. I still want to continue low level PvP, but don't want to be wasting my time if I cannot keep earning commendations. So, what should I spend them on at the moment?

Thank you. Just one more question then. After hitting valor rank 40, where does one buy ranked commendations? Haven't seen any vendors that convert one type of currency into another. Does such an option only show itself after getting to valor rank 40?

level 40 pvp gear if youre below level 40.

once you get to level 40, get your valor to rank 40 and you can start buying Ranked comms. that way, you can grind for 3500 ranked comms, and 2000 regular comms (both capped) when you hit 50

Whats the 1.5 cap going to be? I heard it raised, but cant be assed to look up that stuff until 1.5 officially hits.

Hopefully they removed the lvl 40 requirement for ranked too...or at least lowered it to 30 so you can start spending comms on what matters before wasting 1000s on medpacks...

Whats the 1.5 cap going to be? I heard it raised, but cant be assed to look up that stuff until 1.5 officially hits.

Hopefully they removed the lvl 40 requirement for ranked too...or at least lowered it to 30 so you can start spending comms on what matters before wasting 1000s on medpacks...

PvP

The caps for Warzone and Ranked Warzone Commendations have been increased. All players can now accumulate up to 4500 Ranked Warzone Commendations and 2750 Warzone Commendations.

The Weekly allotment for Warzones for Free-to-Play and Preferred Status Players has been increased from 3 to 5.

from the PTS forum

PvP

The caps for Warzone and Ranked Warzone Commendations have been increased. All players can now accumulate up to 4500 Ranked Warzone Commendations and 2750 Warzone Commendations.

The Weekly allotment for Warzones for Free-to-Play and Preferred Status Players has been increased from 3 to 5.

from the PTS forum

That is awesome. I'm assuming it is still level 40 before you can buy ranked but this will help a lot.

Also hoping I can do field respec in WZs. Was thinking yesterday as a sawbones, it would be hilarious to switch qucik to scrapper and go after the sniper that was doing his best to keep me pinned down.

Under valor 40 you can also buy 900 comms weapon and then use the refund system to stash more or less an infinite amount of commendations. The refund timers stop when you log out so you just have to keep rotating the items. It requires quite a lot of dedication though.

If you're under 40 valor, use your comms to stock up on medpacs and adrenals. Once you hit 40 valor, use your comms to stockpile rated warzone comms. IMO, don't waste comms on lvl 20 or 40 "pvp" gear because it's not pvp gear. You'll do just fine with your custom gear.

Under valor 40 you can also buy 900 comms weapon and then use the refund system to stash more or less an infinite amount of commendations. The refund timers stop when you log out so you just have to keep rotating the items. It requires quite a lot of dedication though.

That sounds like a royal pain in the keister for the sake of shortcutting a bit of comm grinding, especially considering how much more efficient it is at 50 anyway given the daily and weekly.

That is awesome. I'm assuming it is still level 40 before you can buy ranked but this will help a lot.

Also hoping I can do field respec in WZs. Was thinking yesterday as a sawbones, it would be hilarious to switch qucik to scrapper and go after the sniper that was doing his best to keep me pinned down.

You can respec inside a warzone already but leaving your team without a healer in order to go after 1 dps is probably a very bad idea. I've respecced many times from dps to healer inside a warzone, never from healer to dps.

You can respec inside a warzone already but leaving your team without a healer in order to go after 1 dps is probably a very bad idea. I've respecced many times from dps to healer inside a warzone, never from healer to dps.

Sometimes a WZ with PUGs can go so well or so bad, that the only thing left to do is go for the LOLs.