Cartel Coins not in account

Just to piggy back off what Andryah and DarkZeroBane stated if you do a charge back your account will be permanently banned along with your EA account as well.

I've read through multiple customer service threads and everyone has been automatically banned when a charge back was made and everyone who tried to dispute this.

So all I can say is if you want to not play the game anymore or any other Origin game and lose all your progress then I would not go the chargeback route. It will more than likely lead to a permanently banned account.

Edited by Nightblazer

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait for an announcement that they can't deliver any CC purchased in the time frame in question, then demand a refund, then do a charge back if necessary. Just be aware what others have said about the ultimate result of your charge back, regardless of how valid it may be.

Absent that announcement (which won't happen btw), you can wait, or request a refund and (hopefully) get out of the waiting on CC queue.

The real problem is the damage this incident has done, and continues to do to the confidence players have in the CC system. The Cartel Market is what keeps this game afloat, not our subscriptions. A belief that the CC system is less than perfectly reliable has serious ramifications for the game. And the continuing silence from this game's spokesmen adds to the perception that something is wrong.

Edited by Keta

We really should talk about the elephant in the room that we have only really touched on. There has been a ton of people saying that they went all hands on deck for Anthem and they have basically stripped everyone that isn't 100% needed to keep **** running for games they already have up. This game doesn't bring in the money that Fifa and Madden do cause of how the loot box/player packs system works. We are paying for things that really have little or no impact on the core game it's self so we are going to take a huge back seat to their flagship games and they have that new Star Wars game in the pipeline that will more than most likely put this one to the curb even more if not kill it. The support crew is probably like 4 people in a server room in a panic cause everyone else was put on the new project. They probably are in the same mindset of I understand your pissed off but it's not a game changer if you don't get that armor you wanted or speeder deal. I let my anger get the better of me and acted like a spoiled child cause of how much it screwed my plans with my children. I calmed down and started thinking things out like an adult again and right now the only answer I want is if I need to contact my bank or not cause if its a security issue and my bank locks my account my bills don't get paid on time and that cost me even more money. Racking up late fees cause of this and my account getting locked will 100% cost me way more than what I spent here but if I contact them in time I can have the funds transferred. They should at least give us that much information.

I get that you are frustrated and impatient.. but you really need to listen to Trixxie on this and stop all the counter-narratives. People can and do try to scam any incident or issue in MMOs... so the studio must actually verify every claim. With thousands of claims likely for something like this.... they are probably working on a script that will read the log files and auto-credit any uncredited CCs that were purchased. Because doing it manually will introduce human error. And with a script.. you have to write it, test it, debug it, or you introduce additional layers of error and just piss people off even more. This takes time, and with test and debugging.. it's not done until it's done.. so any ETAs shared will likely be wrong.

While none of us know the exact issue that triggered this (we only know the resulting symptom)... the studio would very likely first work on eliminating the trigger (which clearly they have done given purchases now work), then begin to sort through all transactions AND verify which were actually issued to a player VS those that got lost in the transaction process somewhere. This takes time to do correctly, and like it or not.. they are under no obligation to provide you with step by step details on what they are doing to resolve this issue FOR ALL AFFECTED PLAYERS.

It's not just about you. ;)never said it was

Read the updates at the EA support site for this MMO (the forum here is no longer an actual issue support site for this MMO) ...... so Nightblazer does not have to keep spoonfeeding I don’t think he wants or needs to do that you with their updates in communications. ;)

Anyway, I read the updates/posted on the EA forum as well and will try to take it a little ‚lighter‘ and just become Yoda-patient - a little like DarkZeroBane :) and hope for the best (enough stuff to do in game)

I bought 7,900 cartel coins through Amazon on June 8th.

When I redeemed the codes, the website (swtor.com) said the codes were successfully redeemed.

The coins have yet to get into my game account.

I tried calling customer service, but got someone who could barely speak English and we couldn't understand each other.

Help?

I bought 7,900 cartel coins through Amazon on June 8th.

When I redeemed the codes, the website (swtor.com) said the codes were successfully redeemed.

The coins have yet to get into my game account.

I tried calling customer service, but got someone who could barely speak English and we couldn't understand each other.

Help?

I suggest you send a PM to Eric Musco. That's a good amount of money they're sitting on of yours.

Edited by TUXs

i opened a ticket, like many others, and after 24 hours got an email to call the support line, which i did, and it went downhill from there.

First guy tells me they have to research.. research what, its right there in your ledger, i pad, you got money, i didnt get coins. Well we cant manually add them, nonsense of course you can.

I say look ill make it simple, either add the coins or refund me, no problem either way. Well we cant refund either at this time. Huh?!?! nonsense, you can refund anything any time.

OK, so when is this supposed to be fixed? Well, we dont know.

So let me get this straight, you got paid, i didnt get what was paid for, you wont give them to me, you wont refund me, AND you cant give me an ETA? Well for now we need a little time. BS i was done

In the end they offer me a 3 day sub... dont strain yourself boys whats they worth a buck and a half?

This is the one thing saving this game in all likelyhood, and they just drove people away from it.

Grats guys, bravo, you wont get any more from me for this stuff if thats the sum total of how much you value us.

i opened a ticket, like many others, and after 24 hours got an email to call the support line, which i did, and it went downhill from there.

First guy tells me they have to research.. research what, its right there in your ledger, i pad, you got money, i didnt get coins. Well we cant manually add them, nonsense of course you can.

I say look ill make it simple, either add the coins or refund me, no problem either way. Well we cant refund either at this time. Huh?!?! nonsense, you can refund anything any time.

So let me get this straight, you got paid, i didnt get what was paid for, you wont give them to me, you wont refund me, AND you cant give me an ETA? Well for now we need a little time. BS i was done

In the end they offer me a 3 day sub... dont strain yourself boys whats they worth a buck and a half?

This is the one thing saving this game in all likelyhood, and they just drove people away from it.

Grats guys, bravo, you wont get any more from me for this stuff if thats the sum total of how much you value us.

Geezus...that's sad...I had heard good things about phone support...this is shocking.

I totally get the frustration being expressed here, but I find your narrative to be a bit off the mark.

thing is.. based on what we know about this problem, and the fact that it was not simply one player.. but many players over a specific period of time (appears the actual problem was solved over the weekend, but the effects of those purchases before are still to be resolved......) this is not the sort of issue that can be resolved on a case by case basis.... because ---> see below.

A) The CS person is clearly following a script.. which is exactly what they should do... ie: verify your claim... but in this case they already know a large number of players have been impacted.. and this has resulting in a lock-out on refund actions at the moment. . Research in this case meaning very likely.. that they cannot just solve the issue for you because it is a larger issue under the solution control of the studio at this point in time. I agree it's not a customer friendly term per se.. but it does make sense if you look at it in context.

B) Clearly the resolution of this issue will be for all players at one time (to the maximum extent possible)... once they trigger a script or whatever else they have to do to flush the purchases into actual coin grants which got hung for a few days and remain hung apparently. There is past precedent for this with the studio.. when some glitch impacts a large number of players. In cases like this in the past.... they do not allow CS to solve individual cases... but instead the studio does a global fix to ALL players get their issue resolved at one time. Otherwise.... if CS does something on a case by case basis, then the studio runs a script or some other method to flush out the coins from the stuck point.... some players would get double coins or perhaps get glitched again for some reason.

Clearly.. if they are unable to resolve a customers missing coins (I'm not saying they cannot.. only what if) .. they will issue refunds.. and you know what... if this problem is worse than we all think it is.. they may just refund all purchases during the trouble window late last week to resolve this. Time will tell.... and time requires patience.

No offense... but players need to take a larger view here when something is affecting a wide range of players and the studio works to clean it all up and make things right. Nowhere have they denied the issue, or told anyone tough luck/suck it up..... they have acknowledged the problem and stated they are working to resolve it.

Edited by Andryah

No offense... but players need to take a larger view here when something is affecting a wide range of players and the studio works to clean it all up and make things right.
Seriously lol???

Congrats! You found a way to turn this on the people paying extra money to the studio...

Seriously lol???

Congrats! You found a way to turn this on the people paying extra money to the studio...

I was in the same boat still am waiting but getting pissed off isn't going to do anything except your pissed and nothing changes. I know if you go back and look at my previous posts I was livid with how this has been handled. Once the initial being pissed wears off and you realize your 100% powerless in this situation period and like it or not your stuck on this ride till you pull the ripcord on a back charge and get ban lose all the work you put in and all you have to show or it is your last transaction refund. Believe me I was one of the people barking the loudest about this too and all I got was more pissed off and nothing got done other than what everyone else has. The best you can hope for at this point is they give some sort of a sorry this happened prize. Other than the two options I just gave there is absolutely nothing you can do. Yes, it's a bitter pill to swallow but it's the truth sadly. Hopefully, this issue gets fixed before next weekend.

I was in the same boat still am waiting but getting pissed off isn't going to do anything except your pissed and nothing changes. I know if you go back and look at my previous posts I was livid with how this has been handled. Once the initial being pissed wears off and you realize your 100% powerless in this situation period and like it or not your stuck on this ride till you pull the ripcord on a back charge and get ban lose all the work you put in and all you have to show or it is your last transaction refund. Believe me I was one of the people barking the loudest about this too and all I got was more pissed off and nothing got done other than what everyone else has. The best you can hope for at this point is they give some sort of a sorry this happened prize. Other than the two options I just gave there is absolutely nothing you can do. Yes, it's a bitter pill to swallow but it's the truth sadly. Hopefully, this issue gets fixed before next weekend.

I wanted to take time to personally compliment you on reaching an objective realization that many simply cannot or will not do. Genuine Kudos for you on this. :)

Yes it sucks that this happened.

Yes it sucks that it is taking them days and days to resolve the missing CCs.

Yes... getting pissed off about it does no good in gaining resolution.

Yes, we are all powerless to resolve it and must wait for the studio to resolve this for all players (not just the most vocal and upset).

Issues like this can and do happen when buying things (even in brick and mortar storefronts) .. and a buyer simply has to work the problem with the merchant rather then flame the merchant, and wait for resolution. I personally have had similar frustrations with Amazon on occasion.. being an avid buyer of products from their site.... and sometimes it takes a bit to get things resolved... but they do get resolved. I have had similar issues with brick and mortar stores.. including the absence of a firm commitment for resolution. Yet.. in every single case.... things were resolved to my satisfaction.

This too shall pass.. like every other thing that has happened over the years to piss people off. In the meantime... pragmatism > consumer idealism.

Edited by Andryah

Geezus...that's sad...I had heard good things about phone support...this is shocking.

I had had extremely positive occurrences with support previously, but this time was literally the worst ive ever had. The people were nice enough, they got it, but their hands were tied.

I totally get the frustration being expressed here, but I find your narrative to be a bit off the mark.

thing is.. based on what we know about this problem, and the fact that it was not simply one player.. but many players over a specific period of time (appears the actual problem was solved over the weekend, but the effects of those purchases before are still to be resolved......) this is not the sort of issue that can be resolved on a case by case basis.... because ---> see below.

A) The CS person is clearly following a script.. which is exactly what they should do... ie: verify your claim... but in this case they already know a large number of players have been impacted.. and this has resulting in a lock-out on refund actions at the moment. . Research in this case meaning very likely.. that they cannot just solve the issue for you because it is a larger issue under the solution control of the studio at this point in time. I agree it's not a customer friendly term per se.. but it does make sense if you look at it in context.

B) Clearly the resolution of this issue will be for all players at one time (to the maximum extent possible)... once they trigger a script or whatever else they have to do to flush the purchases into actual coin grants which got hung for a few days and remain hung apparently. There is past precedent for this with the studio.. when some glitch impacts a large number of players. In cases like this in the past.... they do not allow CS to solve individual cases... but instead the studio does a global fix to ALL players get their issue resolved at one time. Otherwise.... if CS does something on a case by case basis, then the studio runs a script or some other method to flush out the coins from the stuck point.... some players would get double coins or perhaps get glitched again for some reason.

Clearly.. if they are unable to resolve a customers missing coins (I'm not saying they cannot.. only what if) .. they will issue refunds.. and you know what... if this problem is worse than we all think it is.. they may just refund all purchases during the trouble window late last week to resolve this. Time will tell.... and time requires patience.

No offense... but players need to take a larger view here when something is affecting a wide range of players and the studio works to clean it all up and make things right. Nowhere have they denied the issue, or told anyone tough luck/suck it up..... they have acknowledged the problem and stated they are working to resolve it.

You are of course welcome to believe what you will, that is your prerogative.

However, as a person who manages a team of software developer and runs an IT operations department, i have some idea of what i speak.

The problem isnt acknowledging the issue, the problem is resolution. If my team fails resolve an issue in a certain timeframe, we face fines. To say yes we know there is a problem but we have no idea how long were going to need to fix it and oh by the way were going to hold onto your money while we do, doesnt fly in any real world scenario.

Tell you what, test me out... dont pay your sub, tell them you have cashflow issues, you are aware of it and you pay asap but on the meantime still keep your sub and full access... see how well that works, then preach to me my friend.

I wanted to take time to personally compliment you on reaching an objective realization that many simply cannot or will not do. Genuine Kudos for you on this. :)

Yes it sucks that this happened.

Yes it sucks that it is taking them days and days to resolve the missing CCs.

Yes... getting pissed off about it does no good in gaining resolution.

Yes, we are all powerless to resolve it and must wait for the studio to resolve this for all players (not just the most vocal and upset).

Issues like this can and do happen when buying things (even in brick and mortar storefronts) .. and a buyer simply has to work the problem with the merchant rather then flame the merchant, and wait for resolution. I personally have had similar frustrations with Amazon on occasion.. being an avid buyer of products from their site.... and sometimes it takes a bit to get things resolved... but they do get resolved. I have had similar issues with brick and mortar stores.. including the absence of a firm commitment for resolution. Yet.. in every single case.... things were resolved to my satisfaction.

This too shall pass.. like every other thing that has happened over the years to piss people off.

I have had to deal with companies before when issues like this have come up but they weren't shy about giving a reason to why there was a waiting period or I didn't get what I paid for and fact that all they have given anyone is just wait were working on it with no real answer as to what happened. All they simply have to do is say "Hey this is the reason things are taking x amount of time." and that would 100% resolve all issues people are having it's the tight-lipped no reason given that was pissing me off so badly and to a degree still is. I honestly don't see what harm saying what happened to cause this issue would do I honestly don't. They just seem to be playing the it's better to ask forgiveness than permission game that has people so pissed. Yes if its a security issue will be upset but nearly as much as being kept totally in the dark like they have been. Only reason I calmed down and started thinking logically again is I realized what kind of an example I was setting for my children and I hated it. My wife is a manager at a store and gets nonstop reamed out by customers not getting what they want and I went "OH **** I'm one of them now." but even at her job she has to supply a reason as to why they do not have something or can not refund something. Them keeping people in the dark like this is only making the company look bad and turning new players off to the game which is a considerable loss in possible revenue and its turning already established players off as well and not just against this game but EA and Bioware. I hope someone finally gives a real explanation soon to calm everyone down before things turn to far south and have a huge player drop off. The game it's self is fun but once you that point where you know people are suppose to be there but it's a ghost town it kills everything.

I'm with you right up to this point. And even on this point, I generally agree except for any implication that the studio has met its burden to its customers here. I totally agree that this is a major issue, and it's likely being worked on, but from a business/customer service standpoint, it's outrageous that the studio hasn't given more detailed comment and feedback other than "just be patient, we're working on it, can't say when/if it will be fixed, and don't bother trying to go to CS or forums!"

That's atrocious customer service - totally atrocious. When someone talks about 7900 CCs unaccounted for, that's ~$50 U.S. That's real, meaningful cash! Is this a scam, is it illegal? No. Not yet. But it's outrageous to tie people's real cash up in limbo, refuse to refund, refuse to credit, and refuse to issue ETAs. Even still, a patch is announced, with nary a mention of the issue - yes, right here on the forums where such communication belongs. In 2018, this completely unacceptable, shameful, and indefensible...

......Even still, a patch is announced, with nary a mention of the issue - yes, right here on the forums where such communication belongs. In 2018, this completely unacceptable, shameful, and indefensible...

1) This is not a game issue, per se, it is a merchant transaction issue in the backend at swtor.com.... so the patch and patch notes have no bearing at all on this issue. There was apparently also an issue with some subscription renewals as well during the same time frame... so clearly something about the back end wiring between purchase and issuance to a player account was broken for a few days. And they have fixed the broken issue (given that players are reporting now being able to buy and receive CCs, and now comes the remedy for those impacted by it before it was fixed (which I am sure is messier and more uncertain until they nail a specific fix.. and NO.. not manual one by one settlement of missing CCs).

2) The communications on this from the studio is taking place on the EA support site for SWTOR, as is most common now with support related issues... and Nightblazer has been pasting updates as they arrive over there.. into various threads here [ http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=9611363&postcount=10 ]. More people who are anxious about this issue should be pressing their demands over at the EA support site and watching there for updates (we have not had a support issues forum here at SWTOR.com for years now). Eric commented that he would provide more info here.. when he actually has said info.

What exactly do you expect from them.... guesses about when it gets fixed and how? Or maybe wait until they actually have a fix to drive the missing CCs from wherever they are lost and directly into customer accounts and can actually announce the solution.

I totally get the frustrations... and people wanting to know all the nitty gritty details.. but in reality.. all we as players need to know is when it will be fixed, and how.. and until they actually deploy whatever programmatic fix in the backend to address this.. I can understand why they do not provide more specifics in this regard beyond "we are actively working on a solution".

They have acknowledged the issue, have stated they are working on a resolution for players, and most recently have confirmed they do not yet have a commit date on the resolution...which any sane person would conclude to mean they are still working on a fix that will push all those missing coins to their rightful owners. I imagine this one is a bit more complicated than the usual in game bugs/issues which are fairly easily patched by the developers in most cases and/or resolved directly via a CS ticket.

You want them to just make up ETAs, and then fail at those estimates? That would in reality just aggravate players even more. I personally only want to see a fix announced when they actually have one that is tested and debugged and will work.

Note: I am not defending the studio here. It is unacceptable that this sort of problem even happened. In a perfect world it would never happen. But we live in an imperfect world, with imperfect systems and software.. so I also understand that sometimes #$%^ happens and remedies must be explored and deployed to make the customers whole. That can and does take time in most cases.

Edited by Andryah

See it positive. Maybe there will be a nice droid pet as compensation. :D :D :D:p

I just spilled coffee all over my keyboard - thanks for the laugh :D :D

and good idea actually, I think a couple of colors are still missing ^^

The EA forum isn't giving us any more than what others are posting in here and I jump back and forth between them as well. Trust me people when I say I was right up there on the anger scale but let's be realistic about this now. I'm just going to put this all as bluntly as possible.

1)We can all ***** piss and moan till the end of time and its not going to change a damn thing. How well has us ************ worked so far?

2)If you want something done we need to stop the dick measuring contest of who can be a bigger ******** and start talking about how we can all work together collectively to push things forward.

3)Like it or not they have our money and they MIGHT not be able to do anything with it as they stated its part of an investigation and if they do try and move it they could not just screw one person but all of us at this point.

4)The amounts vary so widely that there is no one soild solution most likely and how exactly do you prioritize who does and doesn't get screwed? The guy that dropped $100 or the guy that dropped $20 and if you go either direction your going to piss people off even more cause they got thrown under the bus.

Trust me I was one of the guys ************ on here the most and hid nothing about how loud I was barking and for what reasons. Once you stop being pissed and start thinking rationally like I started to and accept the fact you are 100% caught between a rock and a hard place situation and are strapped into this ride. They could tell you yes we will give you the refund but if they can't touch the money anyway your still stuck in the exact same position your in right now but you just have the comfort of knowing you got your money back once its fixed and thats it nothing more and in reality you screwed your self out of all the work,effort and time you put into your account so you really do lose a lot more than your going to gain. Trust me I still hate how this has been and still is being handled but Im the only one being all pissed of is hurting. Your not going to do a damn thing to hurt this company no matter how angry you get look what it took for them to get rid of the lootbox crap in battlefront 2. It took the combined might of Disney and damn near an international ban and has spark numerous laws and discussion of new laws. So unless we can rally that level of anger and people which there is absolutely no way in hell this community is that large so we just have to accept we are powerless.

I'm not defending them in anyway just coming from a logical standpoint now. They honestly do need to do some damage control here give people something to look forward to and change the direction of the hate. Personally, I think if they offer a 3day sub or something like that they will most assuredly spark a whole new world of **** for themselves but I will give them the benefit of the doubt here and say they are going to offer the group that has been affected the most a nice compensation to what degree that is who knows I don't speak for them nor do I know. I'm basing this all off of how other companies I have delt with have handled situations like this. I hope they have more respect for themselves than Tencent had of here's a tiny amount of useless items for us screwing the pooch with your money. You want to see truly rage-inducing handling of even minor issues go check out the Naruto Online forums.Their idea of compensation for EVERYTHING is like well for this game would be 10,000 credits,25 cartel coins and a few xp boosters. That's what you'd get across the board no matter what the hell happened.

• Dev Post

Hi all,

From what I can tell, all Cartel Coins issues over the past few days were resolved as of yesterday. For those who were affected, please check your accounts and if you determine there's a discrepancy please submit a ticket to Customer Service. If you're unable to send in a ticket, please email SWTOR Community Support at communitysupport@swtor.com and we'll investigate your situation.

Sincerely apologize for all the frustration this issue caused.

---Keith

Hi all,

From what I can tell, all Cartel Coins issues over the past few days were resolved as of yesterday. For those who were affected, please check your accounts and if you determine there's a discrepancy please submit a ticket to Customer Service. If you're unable to send in a ticket, please email SWTOR Community Support at communitysupport@swtor.com and we'll investigate your situation.

Sincerely apologize for all the frustration this issue caused.

---Keith

Whoa, a wild Keith Kanneg has appeared!:rak_03:

• Dev Post
I just checked on here and still haven't received them but the servers are still down so I can't say if I have them in-game yet or not. Anyone receive them in the account on here yet?
Yah, wait for the servers to come back up and give it a few minutes before you check.

Keith---

I just checked the PDT, and it seems we have a hour and a half before we can check because my phone says it is 6:28 PDT at moment and the update is still going on. update should be done at 11 am EST Edited by Calwred
more info