Coming Soon to STAR WARS: The Old Republic

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Game Director James Ohlen highlights some of the new content coming up in Game Update 1.3 and beyond, including a fully-featured Group Finder, a Character Transfer System, several new Legacy Perks that allow you to customize your experience, and more!

Watch Now

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too late to char transfer. Meanwhile people keep doing nothing in the game. Needed 6 months to 7 months to do something that already should have from the beginning.

And this patch will take some time to be live. So, another lost month.

Looked at the legacy tooltip in the video and it looks like quite literally everything new costs money and a legacy level. Legacy feels so cheap, just another way to waste my time doing boring dailies to earn the money to buy the upgrades. I hit legacy 50 already and I didn't even get some stupid title. Legacy is a good idea, but Bioware, you are going about it all wrong. The game doesn't need a credit sink, it needs incentive to keep on playing and doing dailies to earn credits to buy legacy items isn't the best way to do that.

I love how it shows the server list as all "Standard" then "Heavy" and "Full".

This really isn't a truthful representation of the game at the moment. Group finder will take the time to find groups on below 100 population servers from 4 hours to 4 hours. It literally changes nothing for low pop servers.

This really isn't a truthful representation of the game at the moment. Group finder will take the time to find groups on below 100 population servers from 4 hours to 4 hours. It literally changes nothing for low pop servers.

Hopefully they do their character transfer thing first and allow people to settle into more populated servers before 1.3 hits. Or, you know.. they could make the LFG cross server and the transfers wouldn't have to be so rushed and urgent (still highly needed, but at least peopel would be able to group then). ;)

All well and good introducing updates to the Legacy system and developing armour and ways in which to level up---a nice addition being added is the group finder---but you still have not listened to the needs of your customers who enjoy the pvp aspect of the game---you have not answered any questions put forward as to how you are going to fix the massive imbalance in the 50's pvp warzones since the addition of expertise and new armour at 1.2---and the strong suspicion of cheats and hackers in the pvp republic sides---please tell us how and when you are going to fix this burning issue?

Sigh, adaptive gears, waste of time and resource and probably won't work for companions at launch....

Legacy stuff = more credit sinks, awesome...

Rest is all augment and LFG, honestly, augment slot was a bad mechanic in the first place. Minor stat bonus is one thing, but having massive boosts from it is what caused this whole issue to get this big. It's more or less evolved to a "must" instead of optional/luck, we'd be better off if it was removed altogether...

James Ohlen highlights some of the new content coming up in Game Update 1.3 and beyond

Yeah right, there was nothing other than 2 concept art screenshots that wasnt stuff we already know about 1.3. "We can't talk about it" isn't news of beyond 1.3 ffs..

They should stop do all this crap things and do char transfer. Its pointless to do a billion things in the game if people can't proply play it. They should focus on release a transfer before all those changes, all changes worlthless except char trasnfer. It's a pitty but this way this game won't survive long, while they keep doing the same old ****.

If we need to wait to another major patch to get our char trasnfer, man this game's ending even before a real start.

Or will i get compensated for something like 3 months that i can't proply play it? They gave 1 free month when the patch arrived, but its waste cos' its a free month that i didn't play.

Completely agree. I had so much faith that Bioware would turn things around, but this just shows they aren't even listening. How does a non-cross server group finder help you find a group on a server where no one is online?

And to the "OH BUT TRANSFERS WILL FIX THAT" crowd, no, they will not. They will make it worse for anyone who isn't on one of the 5 or 6 servers that will become the "go to" servers for transfers. No one is their right mind is going to transfer to my server, but people are going to leave it.

Bioware; You can fix every single problem in your game with two things; cross server group finders and cross server warzones. You're not giving me this to respect the community on my server? Well the 15 or so people who play on my server do not consider ourselves a community, and absolve you of that concern. You want to "respect" community? Make it so the communities stop dying.

Edited by lexiekaboom

When a player with over 1100 expertise can be killed in 3 shots by another on the republic side whilst wearing no armour and just with underwear and a saber---then there is something not quite Kosher going on---and the other things that are not quite right---the overly long stuns one after the other---incredible sppeeds and leaps---to name but a few----when a side has not one kill in the 50's pvp warzones --over several games ---and when it takes weeks to complete a daily---and god knows how long to complete a weekly ---even worse now that many 50's pvpers on the Imperial side have stopped playing because on=f this---then I say again ---there is something not quite Kosher---even ome Republic player have come to the Imperial sides on thier alt toons and have been extremely surprised at how easily they are killed by some of the Rep sides---names can be provided if needs be---please look at this sad state of affairs and put 50's pvp back on the agenda.

LFG Tool

Looks great but if server mergers dont happen before it releases it wont succeed. It still doesnt fix the server population problem at the end of the day.

If the server merger happens before....awesome tool and I look forward to using it.

Character Transfers

Dont be afraid to put a lot of restrictions on this tool. If you dont control it after doing your server mergers then we will be right back to square one in regards to our population problem right now.

Legacy System

Please slow down with these updates and work on content elsewhere. Honestly the majority of the community doesnt care about these updates and you have made them not want to use them. I thought initially during PTS that if you had the legacy requirement you could use these items immediately. The legacy system as of right now before 1.3 is a joke. I only use it to aquire the buffs from my alts. I will never spend 2-4 millions credits for a pair of rocket boots that last a few seconds and has extreme restraints on where it can be used. Its nothing more than a credit sink for fluff items. I would rather see you open a game store for items like this that people can use real money on. Its already been stated in the past the average player has roughtly 1 millions credits. Well between the extremely over priced Mod/Augment situation we are in and the legacy unlock its impossible to keep credits. Now after 1.3 you are going to make the legacy unlocks per character versus per server account like it is now. So if I plan to level multiple toons I have to go back and repurchase all of these unlocks again....wont happen

Augment System

Your serioulsy playing with fire on this system and better start being careful. This augment system is starting to get out of control with how much you can add to your base stats. It is only further dividing the community in pve/pvop. I think the expertise change has greatly affected the PVP scene, however on top of that adding all the augment slots to the gear as further compounded the problem. The DPS classes are running around 2-3 shotting people in warzones. The top progression guilds are also able to aquire stats that I dont feel should be possible right now for this stage of the game. There should be an upward climb in stats as the game progresses. Where are we going to be in 1 year from now...DPS classes running around with 3-4 k strength? Can you imagine the damage??

PVP

Frankly you have to do something NOW...not later....

The PVP community is dying fast...its all over the boards...

I dont even know if rated warzone will bring back those that left at this point and we need to look beyond that feature.

We need multiple new warzone. We need a large scale warzone unlike huttball/denova/voidstar. It needs to support more than 25 members on each side ( Im not asking for 100 each side...we all know the engine cannot handle it....see ilum)

Whatever it is...it needs to happen in June...it cannot wait

Edited by Frankt

I'm really excited about the update - thanks for listening to the players!

That preview of upcoming legacy features really whetted my appetite. Hopefully my main will finally hit 50 by release.

Edited by Flightsaber

Very underwhelmed.

As far as transfer go... Its a good thing to get it in. But please actually merge servers together first so you can keep the communities that already know each other together, then when that is done allow everyone one free server transfer, so those who may want to play somewhere else can.

If my community splits of into 25 different directions because you didn't have the sense to try and keep the bulk of communities together during your transfers it will be the end of my account.

Your legacy system, flashpoints, pvp, operations, classes etc ARE NOT what keeps me playing, its the people I have met in my server community.

Edited by Fallensbane

I hope they do a good job with the server transfers. As others have stated, everything else is meaningless if you don't have people to play with/against in an mmo. PLEASE PLEASE make it make sense and give everyone a populated place to play the game as they see fit.

Most of the legacy stuff is meh for me as well, but I very much like the idea of being able to buff an alts xp in pvp. Heck I'll prolly finally get one to 50 with this tool.

Don't listen to all the hate BW, there is still a vocal minority that want this game to be everything it can be and are holding on to see pvp fixed.