Is hard mode Krel Thak (third boss of Battle of Ilum) way overtuned?

Yes, it is seriously overtuned. If you interrupt his Shield ... thingy (1.5 Sec cast, first time after he spawns his first addwave) he does not reset aggro. But the pressure on Tank and Healer are immense to say the least.

Enjoy your hours of trying.

- Ecc

Edited by Ecclesiarch

We were interrupting it but it seemed like we should have planned some sort of chain interrupt, because the interrupt only delayed the cast for four seconds. (For reference, this is different than WOW or Rift, where a boss will try a major ability and give up for 12 seconds or so if he gets interrupted.)

I don't mind difficulty. What's weird is that the boss seems unreasonably more difficult than every other boss in the flashpoint.

I did this one today, wiped a good 10-15 tries.

The major problem we had was adds and enrage timer, if we spend too much time on the adds we would hit the enrage timer.

We ended up killing him with a rotation of cc-breakers (pvptrinket) and big aoe spells(death from above), to get rid of the adds as quickly as possible.

Our MT was our only interuppter.

It seems each hard mode has the one "really" hard boss. Doesn't necessairly mean the last boss. Its not over tuned, you are under geared. The fight will be trivial shortly.

What is your basis for this argument?

Black Talon and The False Emperor have no hard boss at all. Boarding Party has a hard boss but it's the end boss. The Foundry's hardest boss is the last one (and it's potentially bugged, based on reading the related thread). The only instance I don't know about is Directive 7.

So 1, maybe 2, of the 6 available flashpoints have an out-of-place-difficulty boss that is not the end boss. There is no precedent for this design at all. You can argue that perhaps hard flashpoints are too easy, but that's irrelevant to this discussion. This particular discussion is about a boss that is horrendously overtuned for the instance he's in.

It seems each hard mode has the one "really" hard boss. Doesn't necessairly mean the last boss. Its not over tuned, you are under geared. The fight will be trivial shortly.

lol....

The Boss is bugged/overtuned man there is no way we were undergeared. :rolleyes:

hard Mode Flashpoints are for People that hit lvl 50 and not Full Geared Raiders.

Edited by Moran

This boss isn't overtuned at all, I ran this one as my first ever heroic with a load of freshly dung 50s, you just need to pay attention to his abilities.

In addition to the little shield he puts up, he also gets a shield droid, if you smack him when he has that up, he'll smack you right back and one shot you. He's not randomly changing targets, they're just triggering his retaliate due to the shield droid.

Me and my buddies will be posting video guides for all of the heroic FPs over the next week or two, but none of the heroic FP bosses are overtuned.

Its not bugged.... try harder :))

I pulled the boss, drug him into the middle of the room and two seconds later all of these spawn.

I'm sure not all of you are getting these bugs, but my group seems to be hitting them all. http://i.imgur.com/yXOg9.jpg (btw, I only got half the group in that screenshot - there were more that had already gone past my screen.

Edited by Amaristo

lol....

The Boss is bugged/overtuned man there is no way we were undergeared. :rolleyes:

hard Mode Flashpoints are for People that hit lvl 50 and not Full Geared Raiders.

The level 48-50 instances are for fresh 50's. You should not be able to jump into heroics with your lvl 40 gear.

Not really a hard fight

adds are percentage based so you get 4 waves of adds to manage and an enrage timer to respect

Can't pull the boss too far away from his spawn otherwise you lose too much time DPSing, but you still need some room for the adds to come so BHs and IAs can DFA or OS

Otherwise have a Warrior smash and pop defensive cooldowns

Easily doable with 50 Corellia commendation gear with blues and epics

The only instance I don't know about is Directive 7.

Hard Mode Directive 7's end-boss is flat-out broken. Similar to how Malgus sometimes bugs and turns invincible and yet un-"puntable" the final boss cannot be killed as, the shielding that makes him invulnerable never breaks, despite doing all the other content in the boss fight. Beyond that, Directive 7 is fairly easy. The "Bulwark" Droid has a hard-enrage timer of 3:20. The rest of the bosses are boringly easy on Hard Mode.

Mentor is not broken. He's probably the easiest fight in that instance if your group knows not to stand in the red target circles and run away from the claw. All you have to to is click on the pylons after each "wave" of adds to get rid of his shield.