Update on Ability Delay from Georg

AllisonBerryman

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really glad to see updates on issues that the community believes are important.

I'm curious about the animation vs activation delay that seems to exist with abilities like Trooper Mortar. Is it possible to get an update or acknowledgement on that issue? I really want those kind of ability lags cleaned up, I think it'd make a big difference in gameplay and perceived gameplay.

Thanks Bioware! Happy subscriber here having a ton of fun playing this game.

Well I'm very glad the PVPers are happy so now we can get back to the other 90% of the game, development wise.

This effects me as a tank, sometimes I can't interrupt, use a trinkets, or use my defensive cooldown because I'm dodging attacks. All of these aren't even on the global cooldown.

I hope, I hope, I hope... this all works out. I don't know WHY running a dual-core comp would screw with ability lag, but at this point I don't care. Either you guys can fix it, or looks like I'm buying a new mobo/CPU (I mean, it's out of date anyways, but still)

Thanks for the update. I have been happy with how Bioware has been handling issues since the game's release. I was doubtful at first since I knew nothing about the game when I bought it, but since then I've become happy to continue paying to play this game.

Is the Dual Core issue only for dual core processors or is it a Multi Core issue?

Based on the fact that I'm getting huge user input lag on my Quad core, I suspect that you mean Multi Core.

I don't know if it has anything to do with it but I've also noted that as of this patch I am now consistently running above 90% Physical Memory use while in the game. Before the patch I rarely ran above 90% and most PvE environments ran at 60% or lower.

I also had to drop my Graphics settings down from full High. Grass and trees at 25% and Anti-alias set to low. Else my video processor was running at 100% all the time.

AMD Phenom II X4 965

4G Ram

EVGA GTX 550Ti (2G Ram)

Does the "delay between player input and ability execution" fix includes the ~1,5 sec delay before the start of the supposedly instant mortar volley of the trooper while the same ability for bounty hunter is really instant?

Its the exact same delay for the bounty hunter

i could fraps it and you tube it to prove it

The magnitude of the delay varies with a number of factors, including processor hardware, but can, especially on dual core CPUs, result in a very perceivable reduction in game responsiveness.

I love your game BW but dammit stop blaming the issues on other peoples hardware...unless of course you think 6 core processors rated at 3.8ghz each is not enough either... This isn't an issue with players computers, its an issue with your games engine. I'm not gonna be like other people and be like "omg sub cancelled because its still beta" crap. Anyone who's been playing mmo's for a decent amount of time knows that mmo's are forever being updated/fixed, just stop blaming the performance issues on players computers when thats not really the issue.

but,...but.....but...... I thought the game was fine and that small circle of people having performance issues just needed to upgrade their machine....

Now you say in fact it is your code,.... and that you are in fact the ones who are showing a global issue with performance......

Don't get me wrong, I am happy to see you stepping up and addressing the issue.

You are however going back on what you said.... L2PR better.;)

reposting this again so people get a grasp of whats going on, and what are we talking about.

the damage should hit instantly when he presses the button. not after animation's bullets hits the target.

Edited by Lmaonade

Thankyou for fixing this :). Will have to wait and see if this fixes what is the main issue or just the "ripples" of the main issue that will be fixed, wording makes it hard to tell.

To all the whiners, game design, especially an MMO, is ridiculously complex, and unless you've worked on the field for many years with already built in, semi-functioning systems and coding, it won't be perfect at launch.

I agree beta wasn't used to it's full potential and release should've been delayed by a few months, but they can't change their decision now, so just cancel your sub for 1/2 months so the "paid beta" can end and all fixes are rolled out, or constructively provide feedback and not post stuff like "OMG, NO ADD-ON COMPATIBILITY, GAME IS DEAD, STUPID BW".

I can guarantee you, when GW2 is released, despite how amazing it looks and the time thats gone into it, it will be missing X feature or Y feature that the larger player base who haven't used beta/alpha want and think is "required" to play a game properly. And we will again have forums fool of doomsayers and people just generally hating that the game is incomplete due to not being able to put the map in x position or at y size. And I can definitely guarantee people will complain the graphics are "too good" so it ruins their fps.

I feel like they took beta for granted, but if they deliver on their promises in the coming month or two, they've got my business for the foreseeable future.

If they can implement good UI customization and fix the ability delay/combat clunkyness issues quickly, I'm willing to give them far more time to "fill in the blanks" on the rest of the feature that I want.

Those are my biggest two, though a better buff/debuff interface is also WAY up there. I LOVE my darkness assassin, but staring at those tiny icons kinda sucks. Hopefully that's something that's included.

Bottom line, I find their response satisfactory, though not ideal, and if they can follow through on the timetable they gave, they'll keep getting my money while they improve the game.

Combat quality should be near the top of the priority list, and this response makes me think that it will be going forward. I'm more than willing to forgive them blowing it a bit with beta testing on this issue if it's rectified quickly, and it looks like it (knock on wood) will be.