Good Healers are hard to find

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Form/join a guild with capable players. Reroll a healer. Screen your healers for experience/gear before inviting them. Complain on the forums about your inability to do the previous three. When those all fail, /uninstall.

This seems to be a common problem these days when it comes to operations. Finding good healers is more of a challenge then it should be. I have had to call off countless op's in the past because the healers couldn't do there job well.

Any specifics on where you're getting stuck? The issues you're seeing might be mechanical rather than healer related.

This seems to be a common problem these days when it comes to operations. Finding good healers is more of a challenge then it should be. I have had to call off countless op's in the past because the healers couldn't do there job well.

I always love people who stand in crap then complain that the healers can heal fast enough. I also love it when I am the healer and tanking most of the adds and DPS complain when they die.

While it may be a healer problem, a much more frequent issues are DPS that fail to focus on the same targets, fail to kill adds or weaks first, or stand in fire. And also "tanks" that think having 43k HP means they are uber-geared.

It is easy to blame a healer when people die, but you should also be looking at the amount of damage being taken.

As others have said, find a good guild, also you can have the best geared healer in the world and if adds are beating on them or others, or people keep standing in bad stuff, they're going to struggle.

My scoundrel's sitting in full 72's with a couple pieces of 78's and I cant save you if you stand in bad stuff or let adds beat on me the whole time.

My scoundrel's sitting in full 72's with a couple pieces of 78's and I cant save you if you stand in bad stuff or let adds beat on me the whole time.
My sawbones is there too, and even if I could save the person standing in bad stuff, I wouldn't they need to learn to play sometimes.

My sawbones is there too, and even if I could save the person standing in bad stuff, I wouldn't they need to learn to play sometimes.

Oh I tend to let dumb people die myself if they wont learn, give them a warning after that enjoy the repair bill.

I always love people who stand in crap then complain that the healers can heal fast enough. I also love it when I am the healer and tanking most of the adds and DPS complain when they die.

^^

I also hate it when I have more HP than both tanks.

Yeah I have to agree with others here....sure, there are bad healers out there, but I have not run into that many bad healers at max level. If you find that you can't seem to find healers to heal you and your group through content, chances are it's not the healers causing the problem.

As a healer through multiple mmos I can't tell you how many times I got booted in an easy instance being geared to the teeth from end game progression content because the group wouldn't listen to me when I tried to tell them how to not be stupid and take unnecessary damage. Yeah guys, just don't stand in those big, glowing circles, it's not a buff.

Healers are force multipliers. The more people they have to heal the more obvious it gets as to how skilled/unskilled they are. The effectiveness of your group is 100% dependent on that healer and what they can do to keep the group surviving.

Healers are force multipliers. The more people they have to heal the more obvious it gets as to how skilled/unskilled they are. The effectiveness of your group is 100% dependent on that healer and what they can do to keep the group surviving.

actually, that is very untrue.

yes, healers are extremely important to success of the group, however... there's only so much even the best healer can heal through.

getting through an operation is a team effort. you need everyone to do what they are supposed to be doing, you cannot rely on healers to pull you through your lack of awareness.

I cannot heal people who stand in bad for so long - their hitpoints are ticking away faster then what myu global cd allows me to heal for, i cannot heal people who run out to far out of my range, or LoS me, just as my channel heal started, when I have to concentrate on healing a tank through a damage spike, I have no GCD to spear on a dumb dps that insists on standing in cleave, when I have to give everything I have and some that I not, to heal a tank that thinks that gearing for tanking means stacking endurance, while ignoring mitigation, so that I literally cannot look away from them even for a second.

moreover. the more healers you have in a group, the less apparent it is how unskilled the individual may be at least on story mode. because other healers tend to pick up the slack. only so far, naturally, but we do pick up the slack nonetheless. its how "carrying" becomes possible.

anyways, to OP - the story of blaming healers for every failure is as old as time. and often not actually true. if you are having so much trouble clearing content, look at your entire operations group, not just healers.

Was doing Cad tank and 1 of the dps stood in the fire. Then said ***. I stated can't heal you fast enough if you just stand under the rockets. Me and the other dps took down boss from 3/4 down. kept us both topped off and helped with dps. Another time same fight tank stood in fire. Said ***. I said cant heal thru fire. He replied oh **** sorry. Nothing more frustrating than players not moving from clearly marked aoe damage spots and then trying to blame the healer.

actually, that is very untrue.

yes, healers are extremely important to success of the group, however... there's only so much even the best healer can heal through.

getting through an operation is a team effort. you need everyone to do what they are supposed to be doing, you cannot rely on healers to pull you through your lack of awareness.

I cannot heal people who stand in bad for so long - their hitpoints are ticking away faster then what myu global cd allows me to heal for, i cannot heal people who run out to far out of my range, or LoS me, just as my channel heal started, when I have to concentrate on healing a tank through a damage spike, I have no GCD to spear on a dumb dps that insists on standing in cleave, when I have to give everything I have and some that I not, to heal a tank that thinks that gearing for tanking means stacking endurance, while ignoring mitigation, so that I literally cannot look away from them even for a second.

moreover. the more healers you have in a group, the less apparent it is how unskilled the individual may be at least on story mode. because other healers tend to pick up the slack. only so far, naturally, but we do pick up the slack nonetheless. its how "carrying" becomes possible.

anyways, to OP - the story of blaming healers for every failure is as old as time. and often not actually true. if you are having so much trouble clearing content, look at your entire operations group, not just healers.

I understand it all being about teamwork. I get that. There is not single point of failure more glaring, and open than that of the heals position. Heals are the cornerstone of every mmo that has been. and will ever be.

Its fun to read through these posts because its so easy to see which people have healed and which haven't.

As someone who has done several healing and several tank characters I can tell you that there are some very bad healers in the game (like the ones who focus on dps till the dps and tank health bars are below 50% then try to start healing, and then complain about not having enough resource), however, most of the time when an op or hm fails its because of a failure of the dps to kill off the boss before it enrages and wipes the group. That said, it is possible for a very good healer to carry a sub-par team through a hm, its also possible for an excellent tank to do the same.

Dps is a very important role, much more important than people think (especially in ops). Without good dps to kill the bosses quickly any healer will eventually run out of resource and the team will fail.

I understand it all being about teamwork. I get that. There is not single point of failure more glaring, and open than that of the heals position. Heals are the cornerstone of every mmo that has been. and will ever be.

EVE online?

Sorry, you're completely off here. Shortcoming in all roles are glaringly evident in high-level FPs and OPs. When DPS is barely making a dent in the boss and you know enrage is on the way or that the adds are going to be up for way longer than they should, etc, you're gonna have a bad time. When the healer isn't using abilities efficiently, planning ahead for known high-damage phases, standing in lovely puddles, etc, you're gonna have a bad time. When the tank is causing LoS problems, doesn't utilize proc'd buffs correctly, not geared correctly, etc, you're gonna have a bad time.

Some of these issues pop up across all roles. Bottom line is ONE person being off in high-level FPs can be more than a pain. ONE person being off in any role in endgame OPs can cause complete wipe over and over. All of these issues are exactly why I almost never pug it up on my alt-tank; it's just not worth the headaches.

I just don't like healing. I always fear that I might be doing something wrong.

The pressure to be a "good" healer is high, nowadays.

I can handle the heal pressure just fine, but the tank role is by far the most complicated and delicate of the 3, one has to know the battles beforehand, and lead on every frigging fight, and I'm not godd at leadership lol.

And about healers, well, we can't do miracles, we can heal though stupidity, but only to a point. If you insist on standing in cademimu's last boss fire time, and time again, don't expect a H2F any soon.

Edited by metalfenix

From perspective of someone who has levelled 2 tanks and 3 healers, and who also dps'es. If say most healers are pretty decent at 55. Good tanks are hard to find, Good dps are a rare jewel. Most raids I've been in that face consistent wipes have been from enrage timers. Most wipes I see in fps is when tank loses aggro and the trash mobs the healer. Not saying bad healers don't exist. Saying that most common probs at endgame are shared, most often dps issues or standing in crap. I was called a crap healer today by a guild group in colic pod on last boss cause they wouldn't move out of fire. Told me a real healer would keep them up. They are now on my ignore list.

and again, I disagree.

because in personal experience of doing group content on all 3 roles as well as general observation... many a time when wipe is blamed on a healer, its actually anything BUT a healer's fault.

the reason why people tend to blame healers is because healers are supposed to stop you from dying, so a lot of people mistakenly extend that to "death=not being healed enough"

but I will repeat it again. healers can only do so much.

I cannot heal you when you LoS me, I cannot heal you when you don't interrupt debuff that should be interruptible and the resulting dot ticks faster than I can heal, I cannot keep healing you if you keep standing in cleave you shouldn't be standing in, puddles of bad, and I most certainly cannot heal you if you fail to avoid one shot mechanic. I cannot heal faster then my GCD will allow me to, I cannot compensate for everything.

healers are an important part of trinity mechanic (which btw is NOT used in every single MMO that ever was or will be, that statement just shows how inexperienced you are), but they are NOT significantly more important than the rest of the group to the point you seem to be trying to make. tanking and dps failure are JUST as apparent and glaring and crucial to people who know how to analyze encounters beyond "I died, must be healer's fault"