Stuff to make to sell

AussieAlan

Can anyone give me a proper guide for things to make, I have everything (except armour) at 450, and I am struggling to make money, mostly as I am a leveler not a grinder, I have finished 6 of the 8 stories and have done zero and will never do ops.

Don't say it, I HAVE LOOKED, they are useless, " save money don't spend it", "its easier to make money at the end of story", " the oscars are politically motivated", thank you captain stupidly obvious.

Only half useful thing I have seen is make lower level stuff, about as useful as saying to a blind guy "yeah its over to your left", adrenals, hilts, armouring, crystals, medpacks, specifics would be nice.

So far, synth, and arms are selling mk9 components, cyber the same and the odd 50 and 53 armourings, bio is basic comms 53 implants, art is black blue/red level 50 crystals, then a couple of toons also have slicing so I sell thermals.

You will find very few willing to give away their "trade secrets."

That being said, here is some generally accepted and common knowledge:

For augmentation slot kit components, the most efficient crew skill is cybertech. Droid parts. there are two trained schematics that cost 2/2/2. No other crew skill has a 2/2/2 for MK-9s.

Synthweaving is for augments: four of the five sell well (Command is the oddball). Don't focus too hard on the purples. Blue augments sell reasonably well and have a higher percentage profit margin.

Armstech is for barrels and augments: again both blue and purple augments sell well. Barrels are a weird market as they do not sell for as much as hilts (basically the same slot), but they are still profitable.

Both Arms and Synth can make augmentation slot kits. but watch both the components and kits markets. Whichever is more valuable sell.

As to biochem, which implants are you trying to sell? Remember three things with regard to all static stat equipment (ears and implants):

• ANY item with Cunning as the main stat that has ANY sort of tank stat (defense rating, shield rating, or absorb rating) is COMPLETELY WORTHLESS, because there is no Cunning class that can tank (not even a companion). This means that any redoubt blue or Tempest, Rampart, and Veracity purple with Cunning will NEVER be used by ANYONE.
  • ANY item with tank stats that has DPS or healing stats (accuracy, alacrity, critical, surge) is COMPLETELY WORTHLESS, because tanks do not seek those stats...EVER! (if they do they are a bad tank). All tanks ever want is more tank stats. This means that EVERY schematic except the Redoubt blue and Veracity purple will NEVER used by ANYONE.
  • ANY item with Presence is rarely sought because all Presence does is improve companion ability. Why boost a companion when you can boost yourself and get BETTER results? This means that ANY Leadership, Commander, and General purple will not be sought by the masses.

As to Artifice and Cybertech: sorry those are my bread and butter

If you can manage to get the 55 Armorings/Mods via cybertech those can sell ok. Another option is to "play" the cartel market items. Buy some of them up and put them away until the pack they come from is embargoed and then resell for profit, can make some ok money but it takes time. For shorter profits make the droid parts (2/2/2 mats) mentioned before, on my server they sell for around 55-60k depending on the week. For that I would take two characters, and craft with one and grind the mats on the other, for that I prefer the jedi consular thanks to the +scavenging crit companion bonus, I can't remeber the name but its the soldier you get in Act 2.

That sort of specific level of detail is hard to give. Not every server is the same, and it can fluctuate day to day.

One of the things I sell is augment kits, but sometimes the price plummets for several days and I have to switch to something else. You need to watch the gtn prices, and compare to your "costs to get materials". You'll get a feel for what sells well at what price.

The vast majority of my income today is derived from Thermal Regulators, either selling them directly or turning them into Augments first. The rest is just diversification and add-on. Of those types of things, level 52 blue stims and Augmentation Kit MK-9's sell pretty well.

Others do well with aribitrage. Yet others do well in the high-end modifications market. More still find profit making low-level mods and gear.

There are a million ways to make credits in this game. Just takes some imagination and research.

Now I do not get that, why do people say mk9 aug kits, I guess you people must not be on Harbinger, by the time you factor in mats for parts, then mats to make the aug kits you actually end up getting less selling the kits then if you just sold the parts.

I'm confused by what exactly you want to do with what crafting skill(s) ? You threw a lot of information and attempting to get at the specifics is difficult. Attempting to pin down anything specific on what sells well at what price is impossible.

You might as well go learn to be a stock broker and work on the actual market not attempt to play the GTN. If you want to keep on having a tantrum, please continue...

(grabs popcorn)

Honestly though, I know in recent days:

I sold a few power enhancements in the 20s, none of my 20s barrels sold,

I don't put up crystals because they're not "cool" like CM crystals,

Haven't tried armor or generators or synth or armortech.

Putting guns/weapons on GTN seems to be a waste of time since everyone has their modable main hand or they give a hand me down to their healer comp.

Same with armor or synth.

Mods, Barrels, Hilts are really random sales.

No greens, just blues. People overprice blues and way overprice of purples. Undercut the middle/low blue by a few credits and it will sell.

Haven't had any success with droid parts. Haven't put much effort in it either.

Lots of free to play people. To me, sounds like a small pocketbook of credits.

I would much prefer a lot of small sales versus one big sale. Sure, I say that now but ..c'mon, you *know* you want the big ticket sale.

If your OCD is still screaming bloody murder - like mine does occasionally - go take a break.

edit: people watching on fleet just makes me say "ohhhh nooooo! look at youuuu?! Your gear?!"

"trade secrets" pshh...whatever. Like an infomercial at 2am hawking "tax credits" and "free money".

Edited by CaliJoe

Now I do not get that, why do people say mk9 aug kits, I guess you people must not be on Harbinger, by the time you factor in mats for parts, then mats to make the aug kits you actually end up getting less selling the kits then if you just sold the parts.

See, this is exactly the problem most people here will have with giving you any kind of the specific advice you are apparently asking for. What sells well varies by server. Due to differing total populations, how many people are active in which crafting skills, etc etc. On my server, mk-9 aug kits are quite profitable. Obviously they are not, or you believe they are not, on yours.

Psandak gave about as good of advice as anyone can give you. You're going to have to put in the work to figure out which of those items sells profitably and reliably on your own server. You may even find that you're better off just selling materials, if your server is too flooded with crafters. There are almost always some untapped market niches to exploit though, especially the lower level ones, which is why you've seen those suggested.

I play on the Harbinger:

This is another occasion where time and credits are interchangeable resources:

If you take the time to craft items for the sole purpose of RE to get the components then the materials for crafting a single kit is less than the GTN value, in which case you profit (do the math: [assuming using CT for components and AT or AM to make the kits] 21 TCF, 17 Turadium, 12 Mythra [remember when you RE the droid parts you get materials back and that should factor into your cost analysis], and 2 BMIC are valued at approximately 42k on the GTN and crafting vendor; and the kits sell for 55k to 60k each). And that is assuming you buy the materials off the GTN and from the crafting vendor. Now take even more time and run missions to acquire the materials yourself and costs go down even more (although I do not subscribe to that way of thinking, many do); even with worst case missions being run (AKA Bountiful missions), one can cut that 42k cost by a third.

BUT the MK-9 components are valued roughly 5k to 6k each on the GTN. So if you buy the components rather than making them yourself, yes there is very little profit to be made off kits; one becomes dependent on crits.

And this is why I market watch. I stock up on both components and kits and whichever is selling for more, I post.