Having trouble finding stuff to do

HonorThyGamer

My DPS Juggernaut is pretty much my favorite character, and that's actually creating some problems for me. I haven't played most of the flashpoints or done a single op since I started playing this game when it came out. I was one of those people who had early access. I play the game almost entirely solo. I have way more fun with my DPS Juggernaut than any of the other classes, but it seems like I need to play classes I don't have as much fun with to experience a large chunk of the content in the game.

I actually don't mind teaming up, but it seems like if I'm not a tank then my chances of getting into a group are pretty slim because I don't put 9out the same numbers as a Marauder. I've been kicked from more than a few groups because of it, which doesn't really help my desire to team up in the first place.

So I'm asking you guys. What can I do in this game as a solo DPS Juggernaut which doesn't require me to get booted from several different groups just because I don't want to be a tank? Because I would actually like to work my way up to better gear, and it seems like I can't without sacrificing my own fun.

Not sure where the issue is here. Vengeance Juggernauts put out respectable DPS and is viable for either flashpoints or operations, so it really shouldn't be an issue for either as long as you have the base gear required in order to do those flashpoints.

If you are trying to get into just the hard mode lvl 55 flashpoints than I would just recommend getting level 66 equipment. Should be fine with this gear. Also getting some shells that you will be using throughout your career and getting them augmented with just blue augments will increase your stats as well.

Edited by RattyRattail

Not sure where the issue is here. Vengeance Juggernauts put out respectable DPS and is viable for either flashpoints or operations, so it really shouldn't be an issue for either as long as you have the base gear required in order to do those flashpoints.

If you are trying to get into just the hard mode lvl 55 flashpoints than I would just recommend getting level 66 equipment. Should be fine with this gear. Also getting some shells that you will be using throughout your career and getting them augmented with just blue augments will increase your stats as well.

Once I got my Juggernaut to 50 I loaded him up with the mods you get from the Makeb vendor on the fleet. Took every planetary comm I had.

But it seems like if I want anything better than that, I need to let people rip me off at the GTN, do hours upon hours of highly repetitive PVP, or do flashpoints. I'm currently having problems doing flashpoints because I'm a Juggernaut who isn't a tank. Which groups seem to have a problem with.

Vengeance Juggs can put out a good amount of dps. While not as much as Marauders, and it never will be, but it also doesn't have to. What I would do is find a guild to join, probably a little laid back, as some can be pretty strict and competitive, the first thing they should ask you is what spec you are and just tell them Vengeance, and let them know you don't want to tank at all, you prefer dps, and you should be fine.

I know how you feel, my main and favorite class is my Merc, which was my first character. I have always been a pyro Merc, even after it got nerfed hard, but I refused to change from what I liked, I still got grouped up with, no complaints, and have formed several ops groups successfully. And now my spec is better now, so that helps. My class is also out dpsed by Marauders and Snipers, but I don't let it discourage me, and it never causes me to be rejected or kicked from groups.

Just stick with it, run a few FPs or Ops, get some better gear (or rip the mods out for your current gear) and continue to beef up your Jugg. Hope I was able to help somewhat, and have fun.

When I first hit 55 on my jug, i was semi decent gear. Mix of old rakata and makeb quest rewards. I am a tank so could get into flashpoints, but would always be kicked straight away by the groups. I did makeb weeklies for elite coms. Its easier now as you can do czerka and oricon weeklies for coms too and they give 72 gear not 69. Which is even better. Took me a few months, but I got to the stage where people didnt auto kick me anymore. I would advise doing dailies, gsi dailies too. you will make a few million doing so, its content to do just you and your companion and its only repetitve/boring if you dont explore while while you do it. Try to find the chests, seek shortcuts, make the most effiecent way possible to do it. Change pets and play with them all and ofc listen to music/podcasts while doing so.

Without friends to help you this is the route I chose and it worked for me.

What can I do in this game as a solo DPS Juggernaut which doesn't require me to get booted from several different groups just because I don't want to be a tank?

i strongly suppose that problem is not with you being a juggernaut

people do not care a penny what advance class you are

just do not queue having a TANK ROLE in GF!

i quess you do not switch off tank role in your group finder and so you get a tank role in PUG (tanks are rare and insta-popup in GF) an when you refuse to fulfill your role - people kick you out of course

not because of you being a jugg but because you queue as a tank and not doing your job

of course queue for a DPS much much longer then for a Tank :-)

Edited by pan_sObak