Power stat

Iivewire

why do alto of quest rewards have power stat on them for IA? power doesnt even show up on character stat info page anywhere for us and i thought it was mostly for force users? except everytime i quest reward pops up you'll have something like it

item A: 24 End/20Cun/10 Power

Item B: 29 End/13Cun/9 crit

IA's main stat is cunning, so obviously you would want more of it and the first one has more, but it has power? while the one with less cunning get the crit? what am i missing

Power is used by Operative Medic's to increase healing potency, and other for increased damage.. If you look on your character page on the drop-down menu for tech, and hover over bonus damage, you will see power factored in ... same for bonus healing.

Yea, no. Tech Power is specifically Tech power. I've seen items that say "+XXX Tech Power"

And others that say "+X Power". And the one's that say just "Power" Are significantly lower, like the core stats, End, Str, Will, etc. And the ones that say "Tech Power" Are super high like other things that say "Force Power" Like in the hundreds.

Yea, no. Tech Power is specifically Tech power. I've seen items that say "+XXX Tech Power"

And others that say "+X Power". And the one's that say just "Power" Are significantly lower, like the core stats, End, Str, Will, etc. And the ones that say "Tech Power" Are super high like other things that say "Force Power" Like in the hundreds.

Hover over your Tech Power in your character screen you'll see additions from Cunning, Tech Power and Power.

Power however not only adds Tech power but Force power as well, it's just a universal version of the stat and makes things like item mods and gear used by multiple professions easier to deal with.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Both Crit rating, and Surge rating have diminishing returns after a certain point. I'm pretty sure Critical Rating is around 35%, I'm not sure what the specific number for Surge is, you'd have to look it up. But basically, after these hard-points, the stat doesn't give the full benefit like it did, and thus, it's smarter to stack power to boost your damage and healing.

• 1 year later...

surge make ur critical hits or heals higher.

Perso, i have a op heal geared in 72 plus a few 78, i tried to have a crit chance around 25%, surge (= crit multiplier) around 74/75% alacrity 5/6%, and power, power, power for the rest, that makes all my mods in cunning/power, 4 enhancements with power/surge, 3 with power/alacrity, ear with power/surge, implants with crit/surge and power/crit. with those i have 24% crit, 74% surge, 1050 bonus healing, 1500 bonus damage, and with my 2 relics that add almost 1200 power for 6s every 20s, i m at 1220 bonus healing and 1700 bonus damage.

For a dps u'll replace alacrity by accurracy, u have to get accuracy around 110% (all that in tech stats ofc).

Edited by xBenouze

You're still leveling judging by you bringing up ques gear so I'll give you a generally good rule of thumb.

Add the power/crit and cunning from any given item and use that number as your yardstick for what's better. Not perfect, but suffices for leveling purposes. Dive into statweights when you hit 55.

Power is almost as good a stat as cunning but cuning is definatey buffed more by talents, spells etc.

If you want some numbers to it.

Cunning gives you your cunning times .2 I believe in bonus healing (more in bonus damage...not sure on the amount though). It gives a little crit too and get's buffed by the inquisitor buff and that t1 talent in medicine.

Power gives you your power times .23 in bonus healing.

If you want some numbers to it.

Cunning gives you your cunning times .2 I believe in bonus healing (more in bonus damage...not sure on the amount though). It gives a little crit too and get's buffed by the inquisitor buff and that t1 talent in medicine.

Power gives you your power times .23 in bonus healing.

Think those are actually the bonus damage coefficients rather than bonus healing - but the same prinicple applies so the advice is good.

• 1 month later...

Yea, no. There is 1 item in game that modifies tech power at the cost of resilliance or at least there used to be ONLY 1 item in game... NO ONE ever used this stim that I know of.

Second, while mainstat is primary the secondary is power followed by surge, then crit.

Mainstat = crit + damage while power = +damage; If you want to maximize your skill damage, you stack in that order of priority.

Mainstat + Power + Surge + Crit it's been this way since launch and it's the same for every DPS class not just this one.

The problem is being that this class was over nerf'd we have probably the lowest crit chance out of any class in the game.... so it's up to the person if they feel crit is more important than surge. In addition to the fact our main from stealth ability was nerf'd on it's autocrit....

among MANY other nerf's that effect our damage output.

Edited by Ahebish