Cybertech Custom Droid core/parts/sensor augmentable?

foxylove

I replied to a thread yesterday saying not sure but went home and successfully crit crafted both parts and a core. :)

Awesome!

But the only problem that remains now is, what Armoring to put into these. Dailies can get you up to rank 23, but rank 24 and higher are now slot-specific since 1.2, so I assume these can't be put into droid parts. Any idea how that works now?

Edited by Rhaphael

Awesome!

But the only problem that remains now is, what Armoring to put into these. Dailies can get you up to rank 23, but rank 24 and higher are now slot-specific since 1.2, so I assume these can't be put into droid parts. Any idea how that works now?

Well the slot specific just means the set bonus is tied to it, you can still put a head armouring into a chest armour slot for example you will just lose your set bonus. You can put any armouring you like in the droid item (preferably same armour type eg. heavy) as obviously the set bonus ain't going to help a droid anyway.

Well the slot specific just means the set bonus is tied to it, you can still put a head armouring into a chest armour slot for example you will just lose your set bonus. You can put any armouring you like in the droid item (preferably same armour type eg. heavy) as obviously the set bonus ain't going to help a droid anyway.

Oh didn't know that it was just about the set bonus. I thought the slot-specific part meant you can only put it into that kind of slot period.

Thanks.

Edited by Rhaphael

Correct me if Im wrong but the only use for droid parts in the game is for our ship droids, right? And everyone gets a healer companion which would be more effective than the ship droid out in the field. So why would anyone buy droid parts?

Correct me if Im wrong but the only use for droid parts in the game is for our ship droids, right? And everyone gets a healer companion which would be more effective than the ship droid out in the field. So why would anyone buy droid parts?

There are a number of character classes that get Droids as companions. Example 1 being the Jedi Knight. Their very first companion is a droid, thus to use him effectively you will need droid parts to equip on them.

Given all non-custom droid parts have aim as primary, it's just a matter of deciding if you want your droid companion to tank (more end, less aim) or dps (more aim, less end). I'd say dps as companions aren't really effective tanks.

I'd say dps as companions aren't really effective tanks.

I would slightly disagree with this statement. My main is a sorc healer and I use Xalek all the time as a tank for when I am doing things like dailies or if we have 3 people and need a tank or what not for some Heroic 4 mans. It may very well be the case that because I am heal spec'd I can keep him up and alive for quite a bit longer than a non-heal spec'd could, but I haven't run into any problems with a companion as a tank.

Troopers are included aswell. They have M1-4X, which is a ranged tank. You should've bumped into a huge white assault droid following troopers by now :p