Upcoming Maintenance and Fixes

EricMusco

None of the Jedi Knight or Sith Warrior advanced classes can self-heal, not just Maras. :) But I honestly thought Malgus was set to DPS stance, not healing at all.,and I just let him go and kill things, and he was very good at it. We did fine with my Juggernaut.

I had him on DPS. He died a lot. Could be because I sat back and watched him. Evil Sith. Whose the commander..)

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..and has one ability which kinda extracts the energy of enemies to heal you both

That's what I thought, but that part of the story didn't last long enough for me to investigate it further. I've only done it once on my juggernaut and while my health went down, it only became alarming when the groups split and Malgus and I were far apart. I never died but I also suspected that purple poof he was doing was his heal so I tried to stay close.

Edited by grania

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Quick update on maintenance. It is not going to happen tomorrow, we are tentatively aiming for Wednesday but it will depend on how our testing goes. In addition to the changes I highlighted in my original post we are also looking to address some of the weirdness / blockers that has appeared in encounters through FPs and Ops around the game.

I will pass on more info as I have it tomorrow. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Hey folks,

Quick update on maintenance. It is not going to happen tomorrow, we are tentatively aiming for Wednesday but it will depend on how our testing goes. In addition to the changes I highlighted in my original post we are also looking to address some of the weirdness / blockers that has appeared in encounters through FPs and Ops around the game.

-eric

Thanks for the info. Always better to hold off to get solid testing done.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Hey folks,

-eric

Thank you for the update Eric - I'd rather have it late this week with a few more fixes (FPs/Ops) than to have it rushed tomorrow.

Hey folks,

-eric

Thanks for the update. Will the double CXP event affected by this? Does this mean that the servers will be down eventually during the event?

Hey folks,

-eric

A few questions:

• Can you add the Masterwork vendors to the fleet and make the masterwork crystals legacybound? What if we want to gear up toons for whom we don't have time to play through all the story content or are unwilling to skip it just to get to Ossus? We could always gear up without having to play through story content before; why should this change now?
  • Will this fix the first Imperial Ossus story mission not granting
    Anri
    after the introductory cutscene, thereby preventing advancing the mission? A few of my guildmates have been getting that bug and it's frustrating not being able to get reputation, crystals etc. right now.

The team is actively investigating this right now. If it is working that way it is definitely not intended. I will pass on details as I have them.

-eric

Anything for people who cannot summon Major Anri and are therefore locked out of the content?

*edit to add: I have had a ticket in for days now that's not been acknowledged let alone answered.

Edited by obek_kwae

In addition to the changes I highlighted in my original post we are also looking to address some of the weirdness / blockers that has appeared in encounters through FPs and Ops around the game.

Does that include the weird weirdness around companions, especially ranged ones, where they won't follow you correctly during fights?

(Footnote: melee characters with melee companions are marginally better off than any other combination, and the worst is melee characters with ranged companions. Doing the Zenta fight in the Copero FP on a Mara was ... painful, since Raina Temple develops a bad case of nails(1), and won't *move* to keep being able to heal me. Fortunately, when you put her on Passive, the nails disappear and she will chase after you.)

(1) Large ones, hammered through her feet into the ground, preventing her from moving.

Who's surprised? Anyone?

Seriously Musco, you may as well just come out and say "we'll attempt to fix the game breaking bugs by christmas, but might not get around to it before February. May the force be with you, and keep giving us money to keep this game on life support."

common, i reported that twice on pts forum....

You weren’t the only one.

What was the point of the pts if they aren’t going to listen.

And how about being able to mix mods and enhancements?

What I want to know is will this be fixed before they go away or do I need to unsub and find another game,

Does that include the weird weirdness around companions, especially ranged ones, where they won't follow you correctly during fights?

(Footnote: melee characters with melee companions are marginally better off than any other combination, and the worst is melee characters with ranged companions. Doing the Zenta fight in the Copero FP on a Mara was ... painful, since Raina Temple develops a bad case of nails(1), and won't *move* to keep being able to heal me. Fortunately, when you put her on Passive, the nails disappear and she will chase after you.)

(1) Large ones, hammered through her feet into the ground, preventing her from moving.

That bugs been around for many months. Maybe even 6-9 months. I gave up on them ever fixing the companion bug because they won’t acknowledge it or fix it.

My work around are this.

Use your companions passive setting to move them close to you or position them and then take them off passive.

It’s not ideal and can get you killed, but it’s the only thing I can think of.

The other thing I’ve realised is the original vanilla comps work the best if they are set to the roles they were originally designed for.

ie, Khem works the best as tank and Kira works best as dps. Kira is rubbish at healing cause she jumps right into hit the target and tries to heal from there. Khem is just a bad healer. But when you put them on their original roles they excel. Khem is by far my best tank on my Sorc.

The post vanilla comps can be tricky. The best one by far is Shae. She can dps, tank or heal really well. Theron is a good healer, crap tank and ok dps. Lana is a good healer and tank and mediocre dps. Senya is a wish washy comp and I’ve not used Arcan outside of the story.

I’ve not used any of the other non vanilla comps that weren’t originally available to the different classes before. ie, even if they were on that class, they still like their original role better than any other.

If I can I always use a tank comp with ranged (especially Sorc/Merc). I normally use DPS comps with my Jugg. Use healing with Mara. Use dps with sin and Operative (unless it’s a fight that stealthing out means you have to restart the fight or you can’t stealth at the start), then I use heals for Sin and Tank for Operative.

None of the Jedi Knight or Sith Warrior advanced classes can self-heal, not just Maras. :) But I honestly thought Malgus was set to DPS stance, not healing at all.,and I just let him go and kill things, and he was very good at it. We did fine with my Juggernaut.

You are wrong there. Juggs have a heal to full if they take damage. It’s not every hard to make sure you take damage to trigger that.