Acceptable Risk

ReddNekk

No need to die guys...

.... I mean, it's not a walk in the park, and you "may" eventually die, but it's better than running through a bunch of elite 50s.

To reach that place in the bottom left side of the mat you need to go all the way north, to some outpost named Salara, Somara, something like that, travel a bit West ,and then start you travel all the way south... you will have to go through....

* intense music *

The Outlaws Den, where you should not summon your companion if you don't want to get stabbed in the back

Keep going south and eventually you will reach your trooper zone sound and "safe" =)

Good Luck!

Syl

What I did to get by the imperial outpost was just south of it is a pass that heads up into the mountains above the town and just walked along the ledges above it. Only problem is you have to jump down at the far side of the town where champions are but I just made elara take healing aggro as I ran like hell.

This was very hard to figure out at first. The other comments were not very helpful so after finding Wilkes Base I wanted to post this.

You have to travel to the 'The Dune Sea' area which is in the western area of Tatooine. Once your in 'The Dune Sea' you follow the eastern wall of that area south. You will get to an area with of sand people camps. In there you will see a Bounty Hunter quest area that you can't enter. Just a tad bit south of that is a small easy to miss tunnel that you can go through headed east. You will come out into an area called the Central Chasm. Follow the road south it the area will change to the Southern Chasm. Then you will get to the Wilkes Base.

Good Luck Troopers I hope it helps others...

Thanks,

Psyberken

Hi evryone . I just wanna say that there is a passage way if you go to the Sea at

south east of the Thorazan Outpost. :p

. Coordinates are: -707,483

=

Passage way throgh all areas thats dangerous.

Bonus info. This tunnel is also perfect for getting the +3 Aim Datacron.

Happy new year and may the force be with you.

I had a hard time with the coordinates.....the best way is to fly in to Outpost Salara....head up the hill northwest of the landing point. Go left across a stone bridge and not much farther ahead on your left look for the flags and the bones. That is the Outlaws Den (PVP area)....cut through there and keep following the path on the map towards your green arrow. Look out for Imps.

Outlaws Den is also the destination to fulfill the Lawless Sands quest at the Bounty Board.

• 3 weeks later...
First go NW from Salara Outpost to the Dune Sea (there's a tunnel or, farther north, a valley). Then follow the east wall south to a hard-to-see tunnel, guarded by Sand People at ~ -800, -900 (-797, -894). At the other end, head south.

THANK YOU!

You know, in a world where we have swords made out of light, and can shoot lasers and fly faster than the speed of light, you'd think we'd have a decent GPS, or at least better maps!

I rode around for 15 minutes trying to find a way around the Imp city and the outposts.

• 2 weeks later...
THANK YOU!

You know, in a world where we have swords made out of light, and can shoot lasers and fly faster than the speed of light, you'd think we'd have a decent GPS, or at least better maps!

This.

Searched twice, for a total of two hours. Found three Imperial outposts and no way past them to the quest, after dying SEVEN times trying to death through, finally gave up and had to look outside the game for help. Considering cancelling due to the map system, this was not fun and I want two hours of my life back.

The map system needs serious work.

I had a hard time with the coordinates.....the best way is to fly in to Outpost Salara....head up the hill northwest of the landing point. Go left across a stone bridge and not much farther ahead on your left look for the flags and the bones. That is the Outlaws Den (PVP area)....cut through there and keep following the path on the map towards your green arrow. Look out for Imps.

Outlaws Den is also the destination to fulfill the Lawless Sands quest at the Bounty Board.

This worked perfectly for me, thankyou for posting! And no Imps spotted in the PvP zone, although it was a little squeaky for a few moments passing through it :)

OK, I just went and made it through. Here's my advice; follow the wall in the Dune Sea as mentioned previously, the tunnel you need to take is BEFORE you get the imperial base. If you look ahead and see the red banners waving, you have gone too far. The map shows the tunnel just AFTER the base. That path will get you killed. The tunnel THROUGH the mountains, no crazy, killer Elite guards, is just before the base. Kill a few Sand People, and find the hole in the wall. After you get through there are a few low level threats between you and the base you are looking for. I took another player with me and it was no problem. Thanks for all of the help, and poop on the map for all the good it did.

This was very hard to figure out at first. The other comments were not very helpful so after finding Wilkes Base I wanted to post this.

You have to travel to the 'The Dune Sea' area which is in the western area of Tatooine. Once your in 'The Dune Sea' you follow the eastern wall of that area south. You will get to an area with of sand people camps. In there you will see a Bounty Hunter quest area that you can't enter. Just a tad bit south of that is a small easy to miss tunnel that you can go through headed east. You will come out into an area called the Central Chasm. Follow the road south it the area will change to the Southern Chasm. Then you will get to the Wilkes Base.

Good Luck Troopers I hope it helps others...

Thanks,

Psyberken

Worked like a charm! Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The passage that will help republic players get to the area between the 2 Imperial outposts can only be accessed from the Dune Sea at -705, 484. It's really easy to miss. You head to the sand people area along the eastern wall of the Dune Sea; it's a prominent location if you open your map, you will see something jutting out from the eastern wall - that is the area. When you do reach there, the tunnel is under the huge arch-like rock formation, to the east.

Anyway, thanks for the help guys. (I'm using this for 'tracking the origin' rakghoul event mission).

Coords are correct. It's the Dune Sea entrance is a small Imp base - you can't miss it! Area populated with mid 20s NPCs throughout but entrance has several 102K well spaced security guards. I sacrificed companion while running into the area solo. Then there are more 102Ks wandering around and at the other end of the entrance area but are easy to bypass. After that smooth sailing and populated with various mid 20s NPCs.

• 1 month later...
I'm not understanding why people are having so many problems with this quest, unless they REALLY don't want a PvP flag. I just went through the Outlaw's Den from Solara. No aggro whatsoever, except for some level 26 popup Sand People halfway through. I was able to drive directly south to the green mission entrance. QT back to Anchorhead to get PvP flag removed instantly Edited by Thorsmork
adding more