Datacrons help?

aanitis

I currently have a jedi knight as my main character and is a force user. I know that the main stats i should increase are strength and endurance. Would you also recommend me getting other datacrons for stats such as aim, cunning, and especially for willpower?

It's not necessary but it doesn't hurt. What I mean by that is if you have done the work on finding the datacrons on one of your knight, it will help you remember where they are when your in the process of leveling another character. Since having done them on my shadow, I have been able to grab the ones that I needed while i was leveling my other toons because I remembered where they were when i was leveling them in those specific areas. It was a nice break of the constant level grind from running quest after quest.

Along with gathering the datacrons, you might want to look into getting matrix shards which act as relics. The list of datacron locations and matrix shard locations can be found here. Below is a list of matrix shard combinations I made for my guild earlier on to help everyone decide what they wanted to get during our datacron runs.

Level 15 cubes

Blue Yellow Green = 14 Endurance, 11 Strength (M2-W0)

Red Yellow Green = 8 Endurance, 18 Willpower (M2-W1)

Red Blue Green = 15 Aim, 10 Endurance (M2-W2)

Red, Blue, Yellow = 18 Strength, 8 Endurance (M2-W3)

Level 24 cubes

Red Yellow Yellow = 19 Strength, 24 Endurance (M3-O1)

Blue Yellow Yellow = 19 Aim, 24 Endurance

Green Yellow Yellow = 14 Endurance, 28 Cunning (M3-L1)

Red Blue Blue = 24 Endurance, 19 Willpower (M3-V2)

Yellow Blue Blue = 24 Endurance, 19 Strength (M3-J2)

Green Blue Blue = 28 Aim, 14 Endurance (M3-A2)

Level 32 cubes

Yellow Red Red = 29 Strength, 33 Endurance

Blue Red Red = 33 Endurance, 29 Willpower (M4-V1)

Green Red Red = 39 Aim, 23 Endurance (M4-B2)

Red Green Green = 23 Endurance, 39 Cunning (M4-B1)

Yellow Green Green = 29 Strength, 33 Endurance (M4-L0)

Blue Green Green = 29 Aim, 33 Endurance (M4-A1)

Level 50 cubes Force Users:

Yellow Yellow Yellow = 52 Strength, 60 Endurance, 18 Defense (M7-Y3)

Green Green Green = 58 Strength, 50 Endurance, 24 Crit (M7-G3)

Red Red Red = 66 Willpower, 56 Endurance, 27 Crit (M7-R3)

Blue Blue Blue = 58 Aim, 50 Endurance, 24 Crit

Level 50 cubes Tech Users

Yellow Yellow Yellow = 52 Aim, 60 Endurance, 18 Defense (M7-Y3)

Green Green Green = 58 Strength, 50 Endurance, 28 Crit (M7-G0).

Red Red Red = 54 Endurance, 80 Cunning, 8 Critical Rating (M7-R3)

Blue Blue Blue = 58 Aim, 50 Endurance, 24 Crit (M7-B3)

Edited by haliy

Sorry to hijack a little but : I haven't yet collected all the matrix shards but plan on getting them and some more datacrons for my level 50 assassin. My question is thus: I have some Dark V relics in place at the moment and they are quite useful for the buffs which they give - do the bonuses of the shard 'relic's outweigh the bonus of the buff on the ones i bought from the dark side vendor?

Vendor/drop relics are all (that I've seen) endurance stat boosters with a temporary buff power of some kind. They also require some level of Light/Dark to use.

Matrix relics are straight up stat boosters with no buff or Light/Dark requirements. You can see what each combination of shards makes listed in that post above. They are decidedly stronger than other relics.

But you have two relic slots and can only have one matrix, so you can always pick a favorite vendor type relic and pair it with a matrix for the best of both worlds.

• 2 weeks later...

My question is on the shards. does every level 15,24,32 and so have just one color of shard? or do they have each color to make the relic?

I mean dou you have to go to several different planets/cities over several levels to get each piece?

My question is on the shards. does every level 15,24,32 and so have just one color of shard? or do they have each color to make the relic?

I mean dou you have to go to several different planets/cities over several levels to get each piece?

Yes, you have to go to several different planets to get the shards. Some planets have one, some none. You need three to make a matrix cube. A poster above has listed the combinations. Level 15 take one of each color, 24 and 32 take 2 of the same color plus an additional one. The level 50 ones take 3 of the same color and you will only find the third color on high level planets.

Here is a guide

http://www.swtor-spy.com/guides/matrix-cube-guide/1047/

Edited by Owsley

How do I add an agument slot to the matrix cube?

You do it at a modification station, and if I remember correctly, you should unequip it first. I think there was once a bug and I don't know if it has been fixed.

When you unequip it, it goes in the mission items tab of your inventory.

You do it at a modification station, and if I remember correctly, you should unequip it first. I think there was once a bug and I don't know if it has been fixed.

When you unequip it, it goes in the mission items tab of your inventory.

The bug has not been fixed. as of right now you cannot augment it...:(

Yes, you have to go to several different planets to get the shards. Some planets have one, some none. You need three to make a matrix cube. A poster above has listed the combinations. Level 15 take one of each color, 24 and 32 take 2 of the same color plus an additional one. The level 50 ones take 3 of the same color and you will only find the third color on high level planets.

Here is a guide

http://www.swtor-spy.com/guides/matrix-cube-guide/1047/

Ok, I must not fully get it still. Each planet has a shard, each planet is a different level and while i go to each planet as i level I am usually there for about 4-5 levels. Now with that being said from level 15-23, i should be able to get all 3 shard pieces... and when I do I have to Start all over again at level 24 for the new pieces for those pieces. Does that sound right? the reason i say that is because looking at the above thread and the guide listed I can get only one on Balmorra and the next one is on Nar... but now im alrdy level 25... I dont get it

In short, get all the datacrons you can, not only does it give you stat boost (some count more than other)
"Some count more than other" is not really the right way to put it.

If someone is playing a Jedi Knight for example, then the Aim and Cunning stats will not be simply less useful, but in fact they are completely useless, so there is no point in getting them.

but you also get a exp points for every datacron you find, and hey, free exp is good for you.

Not sure if serious.

Telling someone to get datacrons for the experience points is a terrible idea, in a game with a level cap and tons of repeatable content.

The experience points you can get from a Datacron is only a little bit more than what one gets from killing one (1) standard or weak enemy that is same level as themselves. Considering that many of the datacrons will take a very long time to get even if you are good at it and get it on the first try, the amount of exp you get is totally not worth it, if that is the only benefit you get. You could get many hundreds of times more exp (or some cases even a lot more than that) if you spent the same amount of time doing something else.

Edited by Eternalnight

Ok, I must not fully get it still. Each planet has a shard, each planet is a different level and while i go to each planet as i level I am usually there for about 4-5 levels. Now with that being said from level 15-23, i should be able to get all 3 shard pieces... and when I do I have to Start all over again at level 24 for the new pieces for those pieces. Does that sound right? the reason i say that is because looking at the above thread and the guide listed I can get only one on Balmorra and the next one is on Nar... but now im alrdy level 25... I dont get it

Most do but each planet DOES NOT have a color shard. You can reuse the shards. The martix can be diassembled with a tool. There is also a shard on your starter planet so by the time you are 24, you should have 2 identical colors plus another.

Edited by Owsley

i figured it out with looking at the planets and locations and reading that you can disassemble the cubes to get the shards back for the next teir lvl of cube... now my last question is can i go to Republic starting areas to grab shards to complete (Ord Mantell) to be exact to make a cube? ( I am an Empire player) And two planets for the lvl 32 cube dont have shards if I am correct... (Alderaan and Taris) Taris does have one for the Republic (green) but not for the Empire...Not listed anyway. Thats why I ask if its possible to go to Ord Mantell... can you help? Thanx again

Matrix Cubes are useless, since you get a free bettlemaster relics set when you hit 50 which are better.

And you can't craft it earlier if you are gathering the shards naturally, and not as soon as you get the ship.

Thus its safe to ignore them, unless you want to get their codex entries.