finding a group

Hi !

I've started playing FP's and I loved it! It's fcking amazing, the storyline.. OMG!!! Unbelievable. I just loved it. But first thing that disapointed me was that u have to enter into FP, every player for himself. I don't understand that?! Why? Atleast make that 1 player enters it and everybody else in the party can choose wheter they want to enter with him or not, no matter where are they. Or even better... Make some kind of "Flashpoint group finder"!! It would be the easiest and best way to get a group and u wouldn't have to be anywhere near entrance of the Flashpoint, u could peacifully do your quests until u find your FP group, than accept invite and kick ***. Just like u made your PvP finding system. Eccept i would suggest u make that every group need healer and a tank and rest can be dps.

It's just my opinion (and many others as i could notice). It would make this outstanding game even better and even more playable!!

We should make a Petition so they would fix this, right??!

They already said no to this. While there's pros and cons to having a Flashpoint finder, I believe the ability to identify and ostracize trolls outweighs individual convenience. If you can't get along with people to the point where you have difficulty getting a FP group together, MMOs might not be your cup of tea.

Considering im level 50 and have only managed to get into group for 2 noraml lvl50 fp's i would say that a Dungeon finder for PUG is better than nothing. Why do people say no to Dungeon finders? i bet if you used play wow you would look back and realise that progress for gear was a lot quicker (ok a few douchbags here and there) but at least you had the opportunity to be able to actually run the dungeon in the first place. which is not happening right now and im sitting like a mug in general.

and if you dont like pugs then sit like a mug in general till you eventually find someone who could be just as big a tool. All a dfinder does is improve your chances to actually get a go at a dungeon.

the best thing about wows dungeon finder was the loot threshold. so when you were doing heroics you know you werent getting complete green set tanks etc. Which had some credibility just based on what loot they wore (ie they understood what they needed to do to get in)

I did heroic esseles the other day the first time we wiped on first boss a few times. The 2nd time we ran it, we completed it. Now was that the first groups gear/lack of understanding of tactics? maybe but the second group and myself were all in lvl 120min gear and did enough dps to beat the enrage timers. you cant do that in a pug not knowing what loot ppl have got etc and tbh you cant afford to be picky considering the rarity.

don't see the problem tbh other than a few ppl having tainted experiences with it.;)

Edited by Rosenwas

Where WoW went wrong with the Dungeon Finder was it became cross-server meaning players were being grouped across servers. Now, players probably aren't asking for a Dungeon Finder feature that works like the WoW implementation, but for those of us who played before and after it tend to have a bitter aftertaste of what ease of dungeon groups meant for server sense of community.

I think people should rephrase what it is they want exactly. I would be for an improved Looking For Group feature as it is already a feature in the game, but it is so stunted that it is almost worthless. If it included the essentials of what you want to run and what role, but without the auto-grouping; I am sure that there would be less resistance to that and wouldn't have the kind of effect that WoW's dungeon finder had to server communities.

I have been playing on several characters now for a while. I find it is quite easy to get a group to do the flashpoints that i have been to. What I find annoying is the having to run all the way across the map to get there before anyone can enter.

What I would like to see is group port into the instance or some kind of summon to entrance feature.

WOW had this in early days with the summoning stones.

RIFT asks group/raid members if they want to enter anytime a group/raid member enters the instance...

Both features have their good points and bad points... but for this game to have been released without at least one of these features, is a big hole that will keep some people from fully committing to this game.

[NOTE: Also missing an 'assist' feature]

I have been playing on several characters now for a while. I find it is quite easy to get a group to do the flashpoints that i have been to. What I find annoying is the having to run all the way across the map to get there before anyone can enter.

What I would like to see is group port into the instance or some kind of summon to entrance feature.

WOW had this in early days with the summoning stones.

RIFT asks group/raid members if they want to enter anytime a group/raid member enters the instance...

Both features have their good points and bad points... but for this game to have been released without at least one of these features, is a big hole that will keep some people from fully committing to this game.

[NOTE: Also missing an 'assist' feature]

The stones didnt work tho :)

"go summon, I make quest´s", "no you summon, I go to pee", "no you summon now ffs, I look out of my window at the neighbours daughter" ... You know it wont work ^^

What they should improve at the current tool is, that your LFG status doesnt delete itself if you enter a different zone. Also it would be nice if you could actually search for people who want to do a specific dungeon.

Like when you look for talon, then you should see all players and their role for that FP.

But we all know of wow, that such a feature wont work over night. Most people at wow, didnt use the feature before it went xrealm. It even had auto group for server only, but hardly anyone did use it, as it took too long to get a group.

The only way a LFD tool could work, is xrealm - but this would also be the dead of SWTOR, so I prefer to not have such a tool.

Is it really that hard for u guys?

/g

anyone up for fp?

Ok lets do this.

Meet at entrance in five!

And thats it.

Time to kick some ***.

Pls ppl dont try to make this game the noob **** wow has becume!

only 2 issues i encounter are not enough level 50's on to do hard modes, but that will change in time, and some instances are a joke (black talon) and others are either bugged or ridiculously hard (i have nightmares from the bulwark in d7)

i must say i really enjoy the false emporer instance, it's lengthy and epic and although its not neccesarily hard, you still definatly can't tunnel vision or expect free loot or you wont even get past the first mini boss, which is how i think flashpoints should be (obviously hardmode raids should be very challenging)

anyways i really like the game and my main focus is pve content and really look forward to seeing it evolve, but in the meantime plz fix the flashpoint bugs so us level 50 pve'ers have stuff to do :D