Kaggath Tournament: The Dark Imperium vs the Alliance of Worlds

Beniboybling

Disputing.

The Schism collective were able to augment the Rakata Technology further, which means they understood it, I see no reason why they couldn't have taught Malgus' technicians....

The Schism Collective were Malgus' technicians. Nor is an understanding and ability to manipulate Rakata technology something one can simply teach. They were technological savants, brilliant geniuses.

They'd also need access to additional Rakata technology - they cannot build it themselves.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disputing.

The Schism collective were able to augment the Rakata Technology further, which means they understood it, I see no reason why they couldn't have taught Malgus' technicians....

You dont have Malgus's Technisians, and just because some one was able to upgrade tech by using their own tech (the Schism themselves were an advanced technilogical race) doesnt mean they could teach any one else, and not all of Malgus's technicians died. If they knew then the galaxy would have gotten their hands on it and we both know thats not the truth. No Rakatta upgraded Harrowers were built with out the help of the Forge.

The Schism Collective were Malgus' technicians. Nor is an understanding and ability to manipulate Rakata technology something one can simply teach. They were technological savants, brilliant geniuses.

They'd also need access to additional Rakata technology - they cannot build it themselves.

Meh, none of the ships will be destroyed so it's fine...

Not sure how that means 2nd best.

It could mean 100th best, being one of the best doesn't mean it's in line with THE best.

And there are huge counters to your points, I don't care if you're going to counter them and make us go for another 30 pages, I want to post those points.

I think its more important that you consider exactly what the effect these actions might have.

I think its more important that you consider exactly what the effect these actions might have.

Not sure what you mean.

It's easier to find an intel officer in space than be one as well, so because I have them it probably means I'll be able to stop any that attempt to scout DI Territories.

Not sure what you mean.

It's easier to find an intel officer in space than be one as well, so because I have them it probably means I'll be able to stop any that attempt to scout DI Territories.

The first part was the same for me, I did not understand what he meant by that phrase at all.

And I dont think you have more then 500 agents among your ranks (the other 600 of the shadow troopers that arent specifically combat I would suspect are medical or other by the standards Lady linked)

Which is where i have to turn attention to spec Ops.

"Though some missions they performed were similar to those of Alliance Intelligence, the patience and discipline often required by Intell operations tended to be the weak link among the cocky, energetic natures of typical SpecOps personnel. In fact, Mission Groups were often sent to worlds in which the cover of existing Intell operations were endangered to draw attention away from them. However, despite this, Mission Groups were sometimes attached to Alliance Intelligence's Operations department.[1] Wookiee warriors often formed the muscle behind mission groups attached to Intell.[2] Certain trusted mercenaries, hired by the Rebel Alliance, would often work as SpecOps personnel and were, formally at least, given the same status and privileges. This was the case of, for example, the mercenaries Kyle Katarn and Jan Ors.[3]"

As you can see they were sent specifically to take any attention brought to an intel group off allowing the intel group to do their jobs.

Concerning this debris field buisness, I expect the Imperium would put an Interdictor in place on the route to Raxus to forewarn them of the fleets arrival, and then dispatch the fighters then.

It seems silly (and dangerous) to just have them drifting in the debris field for days in advance.

Concerning this debris field buisness, I expect the Imperium would put an Interdictor in place on the route to Raxus to forewarn them of the fleets arrival, and then dispatch the fighters then.

It seems silly (and dangerous) to just have them drifting in the debris field for days in advance.

I agree on both counts of your last couple posts, the affects of finding the fighters would be minimal because using that tactic would have an extremely minimal effect as is.

As for the effect on interdiction I believe it will again be minimal intel or no because of the way Wedge will use the picket ships as scouts, their shotgun transievers making it very difficult to jam their transimissions which helps makes them good scouts (not to mention the .9 hyperdrice allowing them to arrive a day before the fleet or any shorter time wanted by wedge.

Please be aware that the scenario is merely a visual representation of the score and had no bearing on the final outcome. This is just one of many scenarios that could have occurred.

The opening scenario:

In the opening stages of the Kaggath the Alliance of Worlds dispatches a fleet of warships led by Wedge Antilles into enemy territory to attack the Raxus System. Traya however predicts their plan of attack and formulates her own plan to exploit it to her advantage, departing with a stealthed fleet led by Trench and leaving the remaining forces to defend. Wedge’s fleet arrives as expected and launches an assault on the blockade, outnumbered their opponents three to one the fleet is quickly defeated and the space station captured, IG-88 attempts to hack into the fleets capital ship to discover the location and nature of the missing warships but find all information on the stealth fleet to have been erased to protect it, expecting the ship to be captured.

The Imperium strikes:

Meanwhile the Imperium has struck at the heart of the Alliance, successfully bypassing enemy blockades through a combination of stealth and avoidance of the main hyper routes. They strike first at Rendili, using superior firepower and cloaking devices to route the fleet and sabotaging the space station, before fleeing the scene before reinforcements arrive who take the station back, unaware that it is being used as a means of spreading Sith assassins and Shadow troopers amongst their fleets who slowly gravitate towards Hapes. Soon after the Imperium strikes Rendili again, destroying another fleet of warships with the assistance of the sabotaged space station that turns its guns on the enemy before self-destructing. By now however word has reached Hapes who have begun shoring up their defences, mining the routes into and inside the Hapes Cluster and placing several interdictor fleets at the ready.

Before entering the Hapes cluster however Trench scouts the route for Interdiction fleets and jumps to their coordinates as soon as they are discovered, to avoid the repercussions of being trapped. However despite the Alliances defensive fleets having being cut in half the remaining vessels are still enough to match their own firepower, having suffering casualties at Rendili. Not wishing to experience a blood bath Trench attempts to evade the enemy fleet by employing stealth, with Traya sending out a mental order to have the assassins and Shadowtroopers hidden within the enemy fleets to reveal themselves and attack, in the ensuing confusion Trench manages to escape without suffering casualties. However he finds his route into towards the center of the cluster constantly thwarted by ambushes and mined routes, and so significant causalities are suffered along the way, with the pursuing fleet nipping at their heels.

The endgame scenario:

Arriving at Hapes with just over half a dozen ships remaining Traya quickly enacts her endgame, locating the presence of Luke and Leia in the force she sends a stealthed cruiser loaded with explosives on a Kamikaze run to strike at the Reef Fortress were they are bunkered. The twins however sense its incoming presence through the Force and manage to evacuate, those the majority of their forces are lost in the process. Meanwhile the remaining Alliance Fleet arrives above Hapes and engages Trench’s depleted forces. And even with his technological advantages he finds his fleet flagging against enemy fire. Traya has already left the fleet however with a small landing party who manage, with the help of stealthed fighters, to intercept Luke and Leia and shoot them down.

Managing to safely crash land in the forest the crashed transports disembark to engage the small force of shadow stromtroopers and assassins that Traya has dispatched. A small battle ensues with neither getting the upper hand in which Traya and Maul manage to engage Leia and Luke respectively who use their Force Meld technique to act as a powerful cohesive unit. Traya attempts to weaken Leia with Force Drain yet her attempts produce little results as her connection to the Force is greatly strengthened by the presence of Luke, and with the help of Leia Luke manages to endure Maul's attack - slowly they drive the Sith Lords back.

Using her ability in shatterpoint however Traya identifies the link between Luke and Leia as a possible weakness and she launches a powerful telepathic assault on Leia, and Luke experiences the damaging effects also. The devastating mental attack incapacitates Leia, as she and her brother struggle to fight back, yet Traya finds herself unable to attack either as she maintains concentration. But with Luke suffering under the effects of the attack as well Maul is able to seize the offensive and with a rapid onslaught manages to overwhelm Luke cut him down. Feeling the disturbance in the Force created by the death of her brother all the more intensely through the meld Leia temporarily loses control of her mind and Traya shatters it completely before executing the Jedi with a powerful barrage of Force Lightning.

The Dark Imperium is victorious.

Edited by Beniboybling

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: THIS DEBATE IS CLOSED

Victor: The Dark Imperium

The Dark Imperium: 92

The Alliance of Worlds: 88

The next matchup will premiere soon. Stay tuned

Thanks for debating! That is all.

Good job all and grats, though beni you need to work on these scenarios, look at Aurbere analysis of the 2 Leia and Traya are likely equals in telekinetics and Leia's Tk defenses are exceptionall great, and like i said Force Meld doesnt exactly work that way, that is no where near enough physical trama for Luke to feel it. But good job all, beni try to work on these scenarios so that you dont give impossible ones as the end. :p

So because I'm trying to wrap my head around that...

How exactly does Maul NOT die? Luke is already pretty much even with him across the board, however now here he has the help with Leia + being bolstered....I don't see how Maul didn't die. Which then in turn leads to Traya dying....but for some reason she is just standing there and letting Maul take on someone who is pretty much his equal and expect him to survive long enough to do something when he really isn't gonna be able to, due to having a lot of help backing Luke.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

So because I'm trying to wrap my head around that...

How exactly does Maul NOT die? Luke is already pretty much even with him across the board, however now here he has the help with Leia + being bolstered....I don't see how Maul didn't die. Which then in turn leads to Traya dying....but for some reason she is just standing there and letting Maul take on someone who is pretty much his equal and expect him to survive long enough when he really isn't gonna be able to, due to having a lot of help backing Luke.

See above.

Sorry I meant telepathic. :o

EDIT: Though I guess you missed the "devastating mental attack" part. :jawa_wink:

And thats actually more laughable Leia's Mental defenses are stronger then her TK ones Like I said work on them scenarios, that one is an impossibility.

Edited by tunewalker