Newb here: Why is the new expansion not free for subscribers?

--Morpheus--

^ This!

And even F2P and Preferred players can earn 100 CC per month if they added a security key to their account. I didn't play the game for 2 years and continued to earn 100CC each month in a game I wasn't playing just for having added the mobile app security key to my account before the game ever went free to play. It was quite nice too when I decided to return the game and found that 2400 CC waiting for me.

Incorrect. F2P/Preferred players can not get the security key on their account. At least the phone app is not available to unsubbed accounts.

Why do people keep asking this? Blizzard takes about twice as much for their expansions, no one cares. Bioware want people to pay for their expansions and everyone loses their minds.

I don't know if the original post was edited but as of right now the post seems fine. You are the one losing your mind.

yes it was for 1-2 months during pre-orders for 9-10 euros, then 17 euros for those who didnt preorder and then free.

they didnt gave cool things with makeb, but they gave it in half price.... that is coolest.

Now they give cool things.

Yesteday I paid 17 euros because I preorder it, I demand quality content, not like makeb lol. But I gave only 9 euro for makeb....

Edited by Oyranos

Unfortunately some people think that making stupid comments like that somehow helps them win an argument. Obviously that isn't true, but you did the right thing by calling him on his BS.

Who are you talking about, the OP? I'm not a "him", so I guess you meant the OP.

This is me. Was going to buy anyway, but my hands didn't start shaking in anticipation until I saw the XP bonus. Easily the best $20 I've spent in the last 5 years.

It's called a meme, with the Joker. Making fun of people (and by that I mean their reactions) who get annoyed that they have to pay for something a company like Blizzard constantly do and hardly anyone cares about that. But if you're one of those people who want it for free and don't understand why you have to pay, I can understand you react to what I wrote.

Edited by FumikoM

Who are you talking about, the OP? I'm not a "him", so I guess you meant the OP.

Someone kept saying OP was loosing his mind for asking why he got RotHC was free and not SoR, you know the types who lack reading comprehension.

OP the first expansion was $20 for everyone and $10 if you were active subbed while buying (did not have to preorder). The feature for subs this time is 12*XP till Dec 2nd, Revan statue, and 5 day early access.

Someone kept saying OP was loosing his mind for asking why he got RotHC was free and not SoR, you know the types who lack reading comprehension.

OP the first expansion was $20 for everyone and $10 if you were active subbed while buying (did not have to preorder). The feature for subs this time is 12*XP till Dec 2nd, Revan statue, and 5 day early access.

You mean like someone who responded to all the posts from people who can't stop complaining why they have to pay for the expansion?

You mean like someone who responded to all the posts from people who can't stop complaining why they have to pay for the expansion?

True they assumed OP was doing the same and gave a generic response, think how stupid he/she must be feeling. :rolleyes:

Nah, they responded to another thread on the same subject as the others.

Think how it would look from this threads point of view. Overall forum has too much whining the poster just brought it to this thread too.

Most people would have just said it was not free for the first 5 months.:)

Nope, I was definitely talking about you. Sorry for getting your gender wrong, but that doesnt change the fact that its stupid to claim "everyone loses their minds" when the OP clearly is calm and composed.

are you crazy this the forum for a video game knee-jerk response is the norm here.

Do you expect a well thought out retort or something.:rolleyes:

Edited by Jaxtes

The Rise of the Hutt Cartel was free. Forgive my ignorance I've only been playing for 3 months. This is my first mmo and I only took the plunge because its StarWars. I had been considering pre-ordering so that I could level a bunch of characters that I thought I'd probably never get to. Then it occurred to me that I might have to drop the 20$ regardless if I wanted the expansion. Now I'm almost certain that's the case. I'm also certain I didn't pay for the last expansion so what gives? Also, why can't we buy the new expansion via cartel coins?

IMHO ANY true "expansion" should not be free. Updates and the things that they do to maintain the game is paid for via our subs. I GLADLY pay for expansions!! There is no such thing as "FREE". Somebody has to pay for it!

(sorry ... just an old man with some very old fashion ideas here)

:D

are you crazy this the forum for a video game knee-jerk response is the norm here.

Do you expect a well thought out retort or something.:rolleyes:

Of course not. I'm just calling out some stupid comments. And while you may think that is the norm, there are actually more rational replies in this thread than stupid ones. So its not that they are the norm, it is just that they stand out more than the rational ones. But that is a problem with your perception, and does not represent reality.