Spoilers and why I did not like TLJ

NuSeC

OK so let me start by saying I LOVE STAR WARS! LOVE IT. Love the lore, story, heroes and villains. Darth Vader is still arguably the most recognizable and menacing film villains of all time.

I respect people who liked the film and I am not going to say you are not allowed to like it. But on the same hand, I did not.

I will try to just list the top 3 things I did not like with the movie and an explanation as to why.

1) Super untrained Rey. What in the world? An untrained force user bests someone trained and tutored by one of the greatest Jedi masters of all time.

2) Weak and ridicules Luke. Again... What in the world? We have one of the most powerful Jedi EVER and he gets pwned by creating a hologram with no real fight scene. Star Wars is about the Skywalkers yes? I mean even a write-in Mace Windu had an awesome fight scene... Yoda had a fight scene, Obi had a fight scene. But Luke, the most prolific of heroes in the SW universe?... no. I am just dumbfounded by what they did to Luke in this movie. This is probably the most ridicules failures of this movie.

3) The many many many plot holes or the invention of force abilities (to fill plot points) and use of force ghosts and light speed never used before in any other movie. Force ghosts can send down lighting. awesome right? Except why not just have force ghosts go around and kill the bad guys to start with? Just ram other ships with light-speed FTW! Not sure why nobody would have thought about this before.

I could go on but really, I have no reason to care about Rey, Finn, Poe or Kylo at this point. They have killed everyone else and now this is just a name on a movie and not a continuation of a story. Super Rey with a week or less of training... because forget some training... let's just go straight to beastmode. Only those insignificant Skywalkers need to be trained in the force am I right?. Just wow.

The SJW is strong in this move. "All men are dumb, weak or overly dramatic/aggressive."

This movie really killed SW for me. And this is without going into... Who was Snoke? Where did he come from? The first order? What does it mean and where did they come from? Why move from clones to normal people being storm troopers and how did they acquire and train so many in such a short period of time? I mean... I am just lost in the stupidity and carelessness of it all.

Star Wars is ruined for me now. I do not know if I am alone in those lines of thought, but that is where I am, I do not care about it anymore.

There would have been better ways to kill off Luke after they have established that Rey had EARNED and TRAINED for the part.

/rant

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Rey already knew how to fight. This was established in TFA. Also, there is no evidence that Luke was a great Jedi master. In fact, it appears the opposite.

2) How is that weak? I imagine that would take an unbelievable amount of energy to project oneself across the galaxy and to be able to do so in a way that no one could tell he wasn't really there. Incredible.

3) The Force ghosts only appear in times of dire need. This scene just went to show that Yoda was still powerful with the Force and Luke was still learning.

People need to get over the lightspeed thing. Maybe it just never occurred to anyone to try it. Maybe there are otherwise unacceptable risks to the maneuver. Plus, it's not like the resistance really has enough ships to just ram the enemy all willy-nilly. :t_rolleyes:

SJW? Sorry you don't like women or people of color. Guess what? They make up a majority of our world and need to be represented. Try not to feel threatened... it doesn't actually take anything away from you.

Edited by AlienEyeTX

I don't know. I mean, the film is definitely flawed and imperfect but I feel like your points aren't really the problem with the movie:

1) Rey's power is (kinda) explained by Snoke as the Force trying to balance Ben's insane power by "awakening" a person to the Force who would follow the Light. It's really developped in the movie but I hope that idea will be explored further. It should be noted that Rey never really fights Kylo in a way that requires training in this film, their only real "battle" is the Force struggle for Anakin's lightsaber and they come out pretty even though Kylo does get knocked out I think. If this is about the duel in TFA, that has been covered dozens of time but I don't think that was your point.

2) Well Luke dying due to this "Force Projection" was foreshadowed early when Kylo stated that had Rey not formed a bond with him, the effort of projecting her image throughout the galaxy would kill her. And Luke did that very thing, for a pretty long duration and after spending six whole years cut from the Force. And it's been hinted that he doesn't so much "die" at the end as he just decides to pass on into the Force without reaching the end of his life like Yoda, Obi-Wan or Anakin had to. Discussing what they "did" to Luke in the movie would require a thread to its own but IMO, it was a believable continuation for his character considering what TFA had already set up and his behavior in the OT. And another point: Sure killing Luke in VIII was kinda sad (And in hindsight I'm sure Lucasfilm regrets it since Carrie Fisher passed away and it'd have been better for VIII to be her movie and IX to be Hammil's) but the thing is, Hammil is not immortal, and he's not getting any younger. At least we got to see Luke find his belief in himself again and face his failure (And thoroughly humiliate Kylo Ren in the process) before peacefully joining his teachers and father in the Force. And he'll so be back in IX.

3) Regarding the "invention of Force Powers", I'm sorry but I don't see the problem. You're on the forum to a game who litteraly pulls Force Powers out of its butt to justify the plot moving forward. In fact, that's how Star Wars has always worked. Every single movie has introduced a new power. Remember that until ESB, there was no indication that the Force could pull objects to the user or levitate objects, it had only been seen to trick weak minds, help aim a torpedo and choke from afar.

And the hyperspace thing, it felt to me like it was a very long shot even in the movie. It requires so many variable that it's not a safe bet:

-You need to not be under fire. Holdo wasn't at that point.

-Your target needs to be big enough. Snoke's ship was but it's one of the most ridiculously oversized ship in Star Wars, even dwarfing the Executor.

-Your target needs to be close enough for you to aim precisely at it and not overshoot.

-Your target also needs to be far enough so your ship does actually jump in hyperspace BEFORE it hits it (See the fleeing Rebels in Rogue One that crash against the Devastator as they are still "powering" their hyperdrive.

-You lose the ship you are using.

And while it's not mentionned, it's possible that in the 30 years since ROTJ, advancements in hyperdrive technology allowed it as a tactic at all. This movie is also the first where capital ships shields are shown onscreen.

I could go on but really, I have no reason to care about Rey, Finn, Poe or Kylo at this point.

That's fair. I personally like the new characters but if your interest in Star Wars was driven by the OT cast (Or simply that you don't like the ST cast), no one can blame you for having no interest in their further adventures.

Why move from clones to normal people being storm troopers and how did they acquire and train so many in such a short period of time?

Blame Lucas for that, he already stated that Stormtroopers from the OT are NOT Clones anymore, and they built their army in half the time the First Order did, based only on voluntary recruitment (New material indicate that the Empire did not have mandatory drafts) while the First Order started with ressources left from the Empire and kidnapped childrens by the tens of thousands (I think that trainwreck Battlefront II explores it but I'm not actually sure of that. Didn't play it.)

That being said, the lack of explanation regarding the First Order's rise is mostly due to the time frame chosen and the exagerated backlash against the politics of the Prequels (The problem was not "The politics", just that it was badly done IMO)

So yeah, you're probably not alone in thinking that Star Wars is ruined but I'm not one of them. I believe stuff needs to change over time and I'm curious (But exactly hyped) to see what they will do next. I'm just glad they are not doing things the Legends way where the Big Three were functionally immortals and they ran of villains in a matter of a single decade because they wanted to stick to the classics (And they innovated it was a disaster.)

Edited by Leklor

"I didn't like the movie. A few others didn't like the movie either and are vocal about it. STAR WARS IS RUINED" He says while millions of other fans love the movie and are largely positive about it. A vocal minority proclaims Star Wars as ruined and dead, surely it must be true! /sarcasm

If you didn't like the movie, I am very sorry to hear that. It's a great pity. Yet don't claim something is ruined just because you didn't like it. It may be ruined for you only, although I completely fail to see why The Last Jedi would ruin anything for anyone because nothing in it would in my opinion be that bad. People hold onto what they wanted to be in the movie too much and because their vision for what was to come didn't happen they hate it. Sorry to break it to those people, but the story isn't yours to tell. You loved it? Great! You hated it? Too bad, but you have to move on. A billion dollar company won't stop whatever they are doing just because a few people don't like the direction while majority does.

Edited by Ylliarus

Quality is not a democracy. McDolands is not quality food if millions of people are fans of it and it is profitable.

But in terms of art, quality is not objective. So saying that some people hate the movie is no more valid an argument on its quality than saying most people like it makes it a good movie.

But in terms of art, quality is not objective. So saying that some people hate the movie is no more valid an argument on its quality than saying most people like it makes it a good movie.

So you basically confirm my point? Either that or you deny there are some objective means to measure things.

Edited by Kaedusz

Quality is not a democracy. McDolands is not quality food if millions of people are fans of it and it is profitable.

When it comes to things like food... but art, theatre, music, movies? Those are all subjective. Their quality is chosen by democracy. When many people like art in a museum, it is considered to have quality. If many don't like it, it is deemed to have no quality. Surely you recognise that the subject of "quality" applies differently in different contexts. A painting can be made with the cheapest paint there is but still considered to be a quality painting if it speaks to the tastes of a majority of people who see it. The same is with movies like the Last Jedi.

An example: many people adore modern art and consider it to be quality art with pricetags that are unbelievable on it. I hate modern art, but my opinion is but one against thousands. If majority consider modern art to be quality art, then my lone opinion will do nothing against it being considered quality art. I personally can view it as inferior to classic art, but my personal opinion does not diminish the value of modern art because a majority is fond of it.

Edited by Ylliarus

This never had anything to do with the quantity of the people liking it, but their quality. Most of EU fans ,deeply versed in Star Wars don't like the movie, their opinion is all that matters to me.

Ofc the average joe is gonna see some space ships and force powers and some sabers are gonna say wooohoo star wars , awesome! Especially when it comes to Force Awakens.

And i am sure some1 will say, if not here, then to themselves i am versed in the EU and i like it. Bollocks. Just wait till the hype leaves.

Edited by Kaedusz

My responses in Orange

I don't know. I mean, the film is definitely flawed and imperfect but I feel like your points aren't really the problem with the movie:

In your opinion they are not problems... my opinion is that they are. I am not dismissing that you are allowed to like it for your reasons.

1) Rey's power is (kinda) explained by Snoke as the Force trying to balance Ben's insane power by .....

Explained away in the same movie. No continuity to any of the prequels is my issue. And again... who is Snoke anyways to know these things?

2) Well Luke dying due to this "Force Projection" was foreshadowed early when Kylo stated that had Rey not formed a bond with him, the effort of projecting her image throughout the galaxy would kill her. And Luke did that very thing,

Read below response to 3 please.

3) Regarding the "invention of Force Powers", I'm sorry but I don't see the problem. You're on the forum to a game who litteraly pulls Force Powers out of its butt to justify the plot moving forward.

It was obvious plot fillers. So much so that they actually mention it before implementing it in the same movie. Invention for the sake of advancing the plot - and a way to kill Luke. Funny he talks about it and how it would kill you and then Luke does it anyways. Instead of going with Rey in the first place to confront him face to face. And that would have made much more sense and done Luke's story some justice. Instead of just being used to "slow down" their advancement so Leah could escape. Also, I am playing a game that is not cannon... the movies on the other hard are a totally different thing. This game matters 0% into the movies, to mention it is missing the point entirely. This game has 0% impact on any aspect of the movie.

-----

-You need to not be under fire. Holdo wasn't at that point.

-Your target needs to be big enough. Snoke's ship was but it's one of the most ridiculously oversized ship in Star Wars, even dwarfing the Executor.

-Your target needs to be close enough for you to aim precisely at it and not overshoot.

-Your target also needs to be far enough so your ship does actually jump in hyperspace BEFORE it hits it (See the fleeing Rebels in Rogue One that crash against the Devastator as they are still "powering" their hyperdrive.

-You lose the ship you are using.

And while it's not mentionned, it's possible that in the 30 years since ROTJ, advancements in hyperdrive technology allowed it as a tactic at all. This movie is also the first where capital ships shields are shown onscreen.

-----

I mean... you made this all up as you were going. Also, droids fly ships and auto-pilot. No need for anymore starship fight scenes... all you have to do is aim droid controlled ships at the enemy from now on. But, you don't see a problem here.

That's fair. I personally like the new characters but if your interest in Star Wars was driven by the OT cast (Or simply that you don't like the ST cast), no one can blame you for having no interest in their further adventures.

The new characters would have been fine had they implemented them correctly and done right by Luke, to me, they failed horribly bad at both. So much so, that like I said, I no longer care about the future of the franchise.

Blame Lucas for that, he already stated that Stormtroopers from the OT are NOT Clones anymore, and they built their army in half the time the First Order did, based only on voluntary recruitment (New material indicate that the Empire did not have mandatory drafts) while the First Order started with ressources left from the Empire and kidnapped childrens by the tens of thousands (I think that trainwreck Battlefront II explores it but I'm not actually sure of that. Didn't play it.)

sounds legit

That being said, the lack of explanation regarding the First Order's rise is mostly due to the time frame chosen and the exagerated backlash against the politics of the Prequels (The problem was not "The politics", just that it was badly done IMO)

The lack of explanation is due to them not explaining it correctly (or at all) in the actual movies and bad story-telling. It has nothing to do with politics or prequels

So yeah, you're probably not alone in thinking that Star Wars is ruined but I'm not one of them. I believe stuff needs to change over time and I'm curious (But exactly hyped) to see what they will do next. I'm just glad they are not doing things the Legends way where the Big Three were functionally immortals and they ran of villains in a matter of a single decade because they wanted to stick to the classics (And they innovated it was a disaster.)

I figured they would have waited until 3 to kill off Luke, and train Rey to be his "replacement" In place of that... he dies due to projecting a hologram. :/

At the end of the day, to each their own. I feel that all they are doing is a reboot of the Star Wars story for a younger generation of super feminists and SJWs. It is its own thing now and not affiliated with any of the previous SW lore, story or heroes. Hence, I don't care about injection of SJW BS or any of societal stereotypes we have here on Earth. I get enough of that from the channel five news team.

"I didn't like the movie. A few others didn't like the movie either and are vocal about it. STAR WARS IS RUINED" He says while millions of other fans love the movie and are largely positive about it. A vocal minority proclaims Star Wars as ruined and dead, surely it must be true! /sarcasm

If you didn't like the movie, I am very sorry to hear that. It's a great pity. Yet don't claim something is ruined just because you didn't like it. It may be ruined for you only, although I completely fail to see why The Last Jedi would ruin anything for anyone because nothing in it would in my opinion be that bad. People hold onto what they wanted to be in the movie too much and because their vision for what was to come didn't happen they hate it. Sorry to break it to those people, but the story isn't yours to tell. You loved it? Great! You hated it? Too bad, but you have to move on. A billion dollar company won't stop whatever they are doing just because a few people don't like the direction while majority does.

Look, I said others are fully capable of liking it. I am attacking the movie and why It failed me as an individual. If you like it , great. Are you trying to say I am not allowed an opinion on the matter? I am talking about me and why I did not like it. I mention nobody else in my rant nor am I saying you should not like it either.

Learn to read and comprehend something before going on the offensive and creating strawman arguments.

This never had anything to do with the quantity of the people liking it, but their quality. Most of EU fans ,deeply versed in Star Wars don't like the movie, their opinion is all that matters to me.

Ofc the average joe is gonna see some space ships and force powers and some sabers are gonna say wooohoo star wars , awesome! Especially when it comes to Force Awakens.

And i am sure some1 will say, if not here, then to themselves i am versed in the EU and i like it. Bollocks. Just wait till the hype leaves.

As a matter of fact... I have read majority of the expanded universe, either in comics or in books. I have played the games set in the EU. I loved the Thrawn thrilogy, I thoroughly enjoyed the Legacy of the Force series. KOTOR 1 & 2 are my favourite stories in all of Star Wars, the Bane trilogy a close second. I adored the old Vader comics that are now Legends and I was severely intrigued by the Darth Plagueis novel. So, by your own words you should care about my opinion because I loved and still love Legends and old EU content.

However, I don't hold onto it with the new Star Wars canon. I broadened my horizons and guess what? The new canon is amazing as well. The Phasma novel? Brilliant! The Thrawn novel? Epic! Leia, Princess of Alderaan? Beautiful! The Aftermath trilogy? Breathtaking! Bloodline? Fantastic!

Holding onto the old EU will severely limit you and rob you of enjoying amazing new stories. Do I say ignore EU and Legends? No, enjoy it just as much as I do when I reread the old books or replay KOTOR 1 & 2. But look at the new canon with an open and new perspective. Enjoy the best of both worlds, instead of ruining Star Wars for yourself. Because no one is ruining Star Wars for you except you yourself.

Excellent comparison.

A faulty comparison. Because art, theatre, movies and music are determined by a majority liking it, thus determined by democracy. As I said before, food made by cheap resources can objectively be determined to be of low quality. However, a painting made with cheap paint can still be considered to be a masterpiece because of the subjective opinions of a majority of people who view it.

Thus as you can see, the comparison is faulty because it denies the subject of "quality" and how it is determined can differ in various contexts.

Edited by Ylliarus

A faulty comparison. Because art, theatre, movies and music are determined by a majority liking it, thus determined by democracy. As I said before, food made by cheap resources can objectively be determined to be of low quality. However, a painting made with cheap paint can still be considered to be a masterpiece because of the subjective opinions of a majority of people who view it.

Thus as you can see, the comparison is faulty because it denies the subject of "quality" and how it is determined can differ in various contexts.

The point is, just because something is popular or makes a lot of money does not mean everyone must think it is the best. That is all. It is that simple. I am sure they will continue to make a lot of SW money. I am sure they will make more films. I am just saying they killed it for ME regardless of what successes they have, I have 0 investment in anything they are doing now. As an individual, I am allowed my opinion of art just like you are. I do not have to like the same pieces that everyone else does. This is the problem with identity politics. You end up with group-think in place of individualism.

The point is, just because something is popular or makes a lot of money does not mean everyone must think it is the best. That is all. It is that simple. I am sure they will continue to make a lot of SW money. I am sure they will make more films. I am just saying they killed it for ME regardless of what successes they have, I have 0 investment in anything they are doing now. As an individual, I am allowed my opinion of art just like you are. I do not have to like the same pieces that everyone else does. This is the problem with identity politics. You end up with group-think in place of individualism.

Of course you're allowed to have your own opinion, I had nothing against your opinion personally. It is the people who try to enforce their hate for the Last Jedi, which there are a few vocal ones of, onto others. They are the ones who end up in group-think, believing that they found a few others who also hate TLJ and make the faulty conclusion that everyone hates it and it must be hated.

If my words seemed to be directed at you personally then I apologise as that was not my intent. I directed it in a general sense, albeit I might have used the wrong wording for that.

Of course you're allowed to have your own opinion, I had nothing against your opinion personally. It is the people who try to enforce their hate for the Last Jedi, which there are a few vocal ones of, onto others. They are the ones who end up in group-think, believing that they found a few others who also hate TLJ and make the faulty conclusion that everyone hates it and it must be hated.

If my words seemed to be directed at you personally then I apologies as that was not my intent. I directed it in a general sense, albeit I might have used the wrong wording for that.

I know people that loved the movie - I do not and that is that. It is what it is, a personal opinion piece just like all the others.

There are obviously people out there like me who did not enjoy it, there are others that loved it. I just wish people would stop attacking others for their opinions on a movie (pro or con). All it proves is how important SW is to people. I am not complaining because I don't care, it is very much the opposite for me and I can promise you that.

Edited by NuSeC

There is still pre kotor 1 EU, kotor 1,2, swtor, post swtor EU and the Bane and Plagueis novels. That's where the true SW is now. At least for me.

I agree with you there wholeheartedly. Lucas started a great mythos but the latest movie gave me the impression that he was someting of a one trick pony (please don't blast me).

I like what Bioware and some writers has given to the star wars saga more simply because they had better and more interesting stories to tell (in my opinion) and they had a more deeply layerd way of telling it so my heart is still with the old content which the origianl creater ironicly never had anything to do with.

My opinion only and I did like the LAst Jedi to a degree it just did not have the feel that I have come to exprerience with better (in my opinion) star wars media.

Funny he talks about it and how it would kill you and then Luke does it anyways. Instead of going with Rey in the first place to confront him face to face. And that would have made much more sense and done Luke's story some justice. Instead of just being used to "slow down" their advancement so Leah could escape.

I personally disagree about that. The way they used Luke on Crait, considering he was probably slated to die even before a single line of script was written, made perfect sence in the context of that story.

By doing the Force Projection thing, he slowed down Kylo Ren, humiliated him (Made him lose his temper in front of Hux, demanded to stop the assault to go confront him only to turn out that he wasn't even really there) and allowed the Resistance to escape. Making Crait a form of pyhric victory for the Resistance (Now apparently the Rebellion again?)

If Luke had gone for real, there are a few possibilities as to how it could have gone:

-Kylo Ren somehow gets the upper hand and outright kills Luke, showing his power to the watching First Order and destroying morale for the Resistance

-Luke lets Kylo Ren kill him by doing an Obi-Wan. The First Order will still probably see Kylo as the man who slew Luke Skywalker no matter what and while his death won't harm the Resistance's morale as much but he might have been perceived as giving up.

-Luke destroys the First Order's forces on the ground, leading to two possible options: Kylo Ren and Hux die, leaving the trilogy with no vilain. Or they escape and the damaged but very much functionnal First Order Fleet intercepts the Resistance leaving aboard the Falcon, since they don't have to coordinate troops on the ground anymore.

-Luke flees with the Resistance, appearing still rather weak and un-dedicated to the fight.

Sure, Luke's death hurts. It was sad to see. But considering how low he was early on in the movie, his return was a complete victory as far as I'm concerned.

But I get it if you disagree, as discussed, this is how I interpret the ending ;)

I know people that loved the movie - I do not and that is that. It is what it is, a personal opinion piece just like all the others.

There are obviously people out there like me who did not enjoy it, there are others that loved it. I just wish people would stop attacking others for their opinions on a movie (pro or con). All it proves is how important SW is to people. I am not complaining because I don't care, it is very much the opposite for me and I can promise you that.

I know and understand that and I concur that I might have indeed reacted in a hostile manner. But as you said, I just love Star Wars so much that it hurts me when someone proclaims the franchise to be dying or ruined. I know it's their personal opinion, but it makes me want to react to it, albeit I may react too passionately at times.

It is just that, let me give you an example why I am so passionate: yesterday when I walked from the bus station back home and I suddenly thought "lemme walk by my elementary school for nostalgia" which was practically on my way home. When I walked by I was flooded by memories of how I played outside and play-pretended with my friends we were heroes fighting invisible enemies. And then I saw the most heartwarming scene: a group of children stormed outside, grabbed some sticks from the ground and started "I am Finn!" "I am Kylo Ren!" "NO I want to be Kylo Ren!" "I am Rey!" "No I am Rey you can be someone else!". I smiled to myself when I saw it and it was just heartwarming to see. It also reminded me that there is an entire generation of fans growing up on these movies now and that is Star Wars to them, the new movies. It's not only about us, the veteran fans, but also about the new ones who grow up on this.

Answers in orange.

1) Rey already knew how to fight. This was established in TFA. Also, there is no evidence that Luke was a great Jedi master. In fact, it appears the opposite.

Yes, it does appear the opposite in the movie huh? - and sure, Rey should just be able to pwn Vader and Obi while she is at it. I mean why not? Should have put that in the movie as well. If it is in the movie, then by default it must be good for the continuity of the story amirite?

2) How is that weak? I imagine that would take an unbelievable amount of energy to project oneself across the galaxy and to be able to do so in a way that no one could tell he wasn't really there. Incredible.

LOL just LOL I mean Duku was more BA on screen than Luke ever got to be.

3) The Force ghosts only appear in times of dire need. This scene just went to show that Yoda was still powerful with the Force and Luke was still learning.

You just made up.

People need to get over the lightspeed thing. Maybe it just never occurred to anyone to try it. Maybe there are otherwise unacceptable risks to the maneuver. Plus, it's not like the resistance really has enough ships to just ram the enemy all willy-nilly. :t_rolleyes:

Droids'/auto pilot and as far as nobody thinking it up? Are you serious? I mean really? Nobody thought of flying into other ships in outer space? Seriously this is your reasoning? Then you have the arrogance to add a "rolls eyes" emoji? Seriously?

SJW? Sorry you don't like women or people of color. Guess what? They make up a majority of our world and need to be represented. Try not to feel threatened... it doesn't actually take anything away from you.

LMAO!!! Don't like women or people of color? Are you really this clueless that you are just going to call me racist and misogynist because I don't agree with another person's reasoning/false facts/political idealism or identity politics?

Answers in orange.

I don't recall making those specific accusations.

Then again, you don't seem to be refuting it, either. I just read some lines you wrote and made an observation. I don't know a thing about you, bub.

Edited by AlienEyeTX

I don't recall making those specific accusations.

Then again, you don't seem to be refuting it, either. I just read some lines you wrote and gave my analysis. I don't know a thing about you, bub.

So if I call you a name and you do not refute it, then that is what you are? - Instead of just ignoring the accusation and pointing out how stupid it was in the first place.

So if I call you a name and you do not refute it, then that is what you are? - Instead of just ignoring the accusation and pointing out how stupid it was in the first place.

But you didn't ignore it. You specifically referenced it. And I can't help what you wrote. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who read it the way that I did.

Maybe you should try something other than the "tough guy" approach to your writing. It takes away from your message and does you no credit. And now that has thrown us off topic and we're discussing your prejudices against people rather than your prejudices against the movie. I bet you'd rather be discussing the movie. So would I.

So, again, how does the presence of the female characters and diversity of the cast take away from the film/story? You implied that it did and I'm curious as to how so.