Critical Success on crafting question

AGSThomas

If you get a Critical Success on crafting a purple item, a piece of armor lets say. Does this get an augment slot in it? If so, what is the difference between purples with Armor, mod, and enchancement slots and customer (orange) pieces? Edited by AGSThomas

If you get a Critical Success on crafting a purple item, a piece of armor lets say. Does this get an augment slot in it? If so, what is the difference between purples with Armor, mod, and enchancement slots and customer (orange) pieces?

A crit on a mod or armor results in 2 mods for price of 1.

A crit on a mod or armor results in 2 mods for price of 1.

Is that true? because while leveling up Synthweaving I had many critical successes on armor and it never gave me 2 pieces, it gave me an augment slot. I'm wondering if that works the same if you critical craft a purple armor

Is that true? because while leveling up Synthweaving I had many critical successes on armor and it never gave me 2 pieces, it gave me an augment slot. I'm wondering if that works the same if you critical craft a purple armor

You can't add augments to armor or mod pieces. If you think otherwise I'd need to see proof that you did. I craft all the time and when I crit a armor, mod, or enhancement I get 2.

He was meaning the Armor mods, not the actual armor pieces.

Gear and weapons will crit for an augment slot.

Anything else will crit for x2 of the item.

He was meaning the Armor mods, not the actual armor pieces.

Gear and weapons will crit for an augment slot.

Anything else will crit for x2 of the item.

Ha, I think me and the op both misinterpreted each other. Actual armor, yes augments. Armor mods, you get x2.

If you crit while crafting a purple item (but not a mod) you shall get an augment slot.

If you crit while crafting a mod you shall get 2 of those mods or armor mods.

If you find a dropped purple item with slots in it, it is now virtually the same as an orange item. Slotted purple armor used to not have a removable armor slot, but now they do, making them fully upgradeable like orange armor.

I do not think it is possible to craft a slotted purple item (except for a single augment slot if you crit). The purple items you craft have fixed stats and are not really upgradeable. The purple items that are found in the world can have slots containing mods already in them, that can be replaced with better mods, but I believe you cannot craft a moddable purple item.

Similarly the orange items that drop in the world can have mods already in place in them. But many of these orange items are currently uncraftable.