With all due respect, remove intercede to stealthed friendlies

NoTomorrow

This is a real non-issue. At least at the highest competition level of pvp. I have a Juggernaut that is my main that i have been playing since March. The only time this is ever really an issue is if you are on a bad team. If someone is hanging in your endzone and you can't win the 8 vs 7 at the middle, then odds are you are going to lose anyways. The good teams will let the other team score once they get past the 1st firetrap (unless a pull is available) to take control of mid and to grab the ball. That stealther in the endzone isn't worth a darn thing if their team doesn't have the ball. There is enough counters to this to make it a non issue. Pulls and having someone with knockbacks in position is a good counter. Sometimes the RNG of your team comp makes this difficult but those times are a minority. Now if your teammates use their abilities correctly usually is the issue.

As a Juggernaut, i am only as good as your weakest player is bad. There is always that one guy that messes if up for the other team and i get to pull off the 10 sec score with an intercede, leap, push, leap.

Just like many other things that don't make sense in this game, this one definetely belongs to the top list of most questionable abilities in the game.

Let me get this straight: I do not think that being able to interce/guardian leap to stealthed friendlies is by any measure balanced. This thing should not be allowed in the game. No matter what arguments you try to bring to defend this one this is just pure wrong.

Juggernauts and Guardians already have it very well on huttball. Forcing the stealthers to decloak would make absolute sense given the fact how they cannot receive balls when stealthed. Want the jug with the ball to intercede to you? Decloak please.

Learn to have a pt stealth scan the area the jugg is running towards and then when the stealthie comes out pull him.

Learn to have a pt stealth scan the area the jugg is running towards and then when the stealthie comes out pull him.

Or push if someone has push. Sometimes I think people forget these can be used for more than just getting someone in the fire traps.

Oh then he can just AOE the spot with that crap AOE snipers have.

So send a sniper after the classes they do the worst against? A PT spamming stealth scan would only find the stealther by luck anyway. This is all assuming the stealther doesn't actually sap the non-stealth person looking for them. NoTarget's point is that this mechanic violates what the other rules of huttball currently followed and for no discernable reason. Decloaking would at least give the defense a chance to respond.

Edited by durvas

So send a sniper after the classes they do the worst against? A PT spamming stealth scan would only find the stealther by luck anyway. This is all assuming the stealther doesn't actually sap the non-stealth person looking for them. NoTarget's point is that this mechanic violates what the other rules of huttball currently followed and for no discernable reason. Decloaking would at least give the defense a chance to respond.

Snipers thrive vs all classes. And they always will, because the developers are playing Snipers.

In the grand scheme of things, the Juggernaut will already have the stealther targeted, and will be spamming Intercede, thus jumping the nanosecond the stealther unstealths. You could add this change into the game that NoTomorrow requested, but it isn't going to make a difference.

I'd much rather the developers spend that time having honest talks on how to nerf Snipers, fix the animation on abilities that hitch, and spending time in the gym.

Ok learn to play and stop complaining.

When there's a stealthie waiting end zone for the jugg intercede the jugg usually just walks in a straight line towards where the stealthie is and the stealthie just stands in that general area just in case a pass needs to be made. So you AOE or Stealth can the area infront of the jugg on the ledge and get one of your guys with a pull to pull them off.

Please learn to play as a team and not a bad. Nothing is Violating any rules of huttball as the only rule of huttball is really DON'T KICK THE BALL.

Says the stealther.

my assassin is my 3rd option for pvp, and it's the 5th 50. I mention this only to be clear that I'm not some assassin fanboy. it's obviously cyaco's main.

now to the point: I do play both trooper classes. unless either of the two stealth classes is using their sneak cd, they are visible within ~5m. additionally, troopers can spec into enhanced stealth detection (assault/pyro tree), which further lengthens the distance one can see a stealthy out of his sneak cd. lastly, troopers have this thing called stealth scan. they have a virtually instant aoe, AND commando have a fairly large aoe punt. If a stealth player can stay hidden from just one commando for more than 20s, he's a pvp god and deserves to go undetected forever. seriously. even a dedicated sage will weed out a stealth.

scrappers are even easier to pull out of stealth because they lack a sprint.

all of that said, the REAL counter for a stealth in the end zone is control the middle. the other team will be down a dps because said dps is camping the end zone. if the other team is constantly able to get the ball with 7 players, then it's not the stealth in the end zone that's beating you. you're getting stomped at mid.

Edited by foxmob

Please learn to play as a team and not a bad. Nothing is Violating any rules of huttball as the only rule of huttball is really DON'T KICK THE BALL.

See, I totally get this spinning kick from Shadows in Huttball.

That's clearly a kick!! Hutts can't do that. Any Hutt watching that game is going to lose immersion, because they can't pretend they are the ones out there playing the game. Hutts can't do spinny kicks.

Should I be sending in CSR reports on Shadows that kick me in Huttball?

See, I totally get this spinning kick from Shadows in Huttball.

That's clearly a kick!! Hutts can't do that. Any Hutt watching that game is going to lose immersion, because they can't pretend they are the ones out there playing the game. Hutts can't do spinny kicks.

Should I be sending in CSR reports on Shadows that kick me in Huttball?

YES! NERF SHADOWS IN HUTTBALL!

/signed

Says the stealther.

You PvP and this is the only problem you have? You don't bring up smash, bubbles, the instant kill bug in hypergate, the gcd cooldown bug, but a problem with intercede? Really? I think people who are bad at PvP complain about things that aren't a big deal.

You PvP and this is the only problem you have? You don't bring up smash, bubbles, the instant kill bug in hypergate, the gcd cooldown bug, but a problem with intercede? Really? I think people who are bad at PvP complain about things that aren't a big deal.

Good advice, heheh, make another thread about smash and bubbles. I think that a stealther that says he needs to keep his cloak for the jug to intercede pretty much qualifies for the definition of bad.