BREAKING NEWS: Tauntauns Tamed as Mounts on Hoth!

CourtneyWoods

I agree, there are so few nests that they are camped by both factions and since the reset for the fawns is so long you'll run into an enemy faction group that will kill you if you wait.

So you have 2 choices, stay and hope no other faction group kills you while you wait for the re-spawn or travel to another nest hoping that it's not camped by enemies.

It wouldn't be so bad if the success on luring was more along the lines of 50% and not 10%...

Actually according to dulfy its around 20% which is no different from REing things in the game. And I have had good success. I got 5 in 30 minutes. If you switch between instances you can get the tauntuan in 2-3 hours max

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually according to dulfy its around 20% which is no different from REing things in the game. And I have had good success. I got 5 in 30 minutes. If you switch between instances you can get the tauntuan in 2-3 hours max

Cool, I guess the fact I switched instances and it didn't reset was a bug or something, I'll do just that thanks.

you can dream but they will gripe eery chance they get. I swear bioware has some of the worst fans I am still not over how people acted to the Mass Effect 3 ending and then still wanted a whole new game even after the extended cut.

Oh come on, don't defend that ending. Worst. Ending. Ever. Biggest copout. Hudson said the ending wouldn't be A, B, or C, and it was literally A, B, or C. It made zero sense. Just listing the plotholes and contradictions takes ten minutes. Then they "fixed" it, and it was still pretty horrible. The first 90% of that game was hands down the best game I've ever played. The ending is so bad that I haven't been able to stomach playing it again since that first time. I have vowed never again to preorder another BioWare title because of that game (and, to a lesser extent, DA2,) or touch another game with Casey Hudson's name on it. Compared to that ending, SWTOR has never done anything even remotely wrong. Any time something happens here that I disagree with, I keep playing because I think to myself, "Hey, at least it isn't as bad as Mass Effect's ending."

Oh come on, don't defend that ending. Worst. Ending. Ever. Biggest copout. Hudson said the ending wouldn't be A, B, or C, and it was literally A, B, or C. It made zero sense. Just listing the plotholes and contradictions takes ten minutes. Then they "fixed" it, and it was still pretty horrible. The first 90% of that game was hands down the best game I've ever played. The ending is so bad that I haven't been able to stomach playing it again since that first time. I have vowed never again to preorder another BioWare title because of that game (and, to a lesser extent, DA2,) or touch another game with Casey Hudson's name on it. Compared to that ending, SWTOR has never done anything even remotely wrong. Any time something happens here that I disagree with, I keep playing because I think to myself, "Hey, at least it isn't as bad as Mass Effect's ending."

I'm sorry I have to disagree with you. I don't love the endings, but I understand what they were going for and I like they had the brass cohonas to go there. The ending (especially the EC) is nowhere near as bad as you make it out to be and it does make sense when you put it together with the whole trilogy.

But this isn't a Mass Effect discussion thread. This is a SWTOR discussion. So I will leave it there

That's odd I tried changing instance, the fawns didn't reset.

Either it was a bug for you or a bug for the rest of us ;) I'm betting on a bug for you. Since you can do WBs and Seeker droid in different phases because its all separate timers for that world

Welcome change to have animal mounts, I hope they have more. What about having attack charging type abilities while on the mount aswell?. Maybe having armour slots for mounts to improve your defence while on the mount but ofcourse the downside is you only have basic attack abilities. :cool:

This reflects my feelings as well!!! I hope this is a wonderful start to more animal mounts, there is collection of feline and reptilian animals across the SWTOR universe in game already that would be awesome mounts.

Banthas.

They would be great

I have a few comments about things i've seen and things i've seen in this thread......

1. I agree that the spawn rate for Wampas is too low, perhaps FAR too low. But I believe the solution lies in the rate at which the Fauns can be fed again. While I don't mind the idea that the mount should be difficult to get in a grinding manner, I believe it's an unintended consequence by BioWare that "Instance Switching" is the solution to get enough Data faster. Even with instance switching it takes aprox 2 hrs on average to come up with 15-20 data for the purchase. Not bad in an amount of time manner, but as instance switching produces extra load on the servers I cannot believe this was an intended programing design. I suggest either adding more nests, or alternately DRASTICALLY cutting the re-enable time for a nest of Fauns to be fed again.

2. I have to say I do like the new mounts aside from my issue with the screenshot not matching the in game mounts. Some team put a good amount of effort into the skinning and skeletal programing of the mounts and rider on the mount to make it look fairly realistic when riding and seperate animation for jumping. Good job there. :)

Edited by LVCommando
Removed inaccurate comment. Coloring is from Hoth environment.

I love the idea of new mounts especially tauntauns and many the more to come. My only issue is having to grind and collect 20 jus to get one. Like honestly we collect cartel coins, wz comms , rank comms, elder comms, planetary comms, ultimate comms. etc. etc. sooooo many currencies to collect that catches dust now , which makes me not even want to get one anymore. its just wasting more time that I already put in all for a mount and I sure as hell wont pay 200k for one since there will be different ones way later in the future and prob cheaper. this is my opinion as a long time player and I would def. appreciate those that wont pass judgement for it =)

I have both mounts and don't feel one bit that it was that difficult to get. Of course, it took me a heck of a lot longer than the 2 to 3 hours some of these people claim it took them but at my calculated 15% success rate on wampa spawns it still didn't take long enough to complain about. Thanks for the fun Bioware.

Finished off the "set" yesterday for my main; I love these tauntauns to death haha. I have no idea why, but I actually enjoy not using a taxi / QT more now while using these (110% at least). Oh well, time to retire my blue sphere I've been using for months now lol.

Oh, and the best part......no goddamn clipping with my CM Commando's heavy cannon!!!! Unlike the blue sphere with the cannon on my back protruding out with a massive amount of nonsense..

Edited by Eillack

So to get a Tauntaun, you have to be a high lvl & play PvP?

Only tested it with a 45 but it spawns a level appropriate wampa. I'm guessing you need to be high enough for the levels on Hoth (37+)

There's no requirement to PvP unless you're on a PvP server. If somebody is being immature then don't use AoE attacks (and make sure your companion has theirs disabled) or switch instances.

Ride them where ever you want. Mine has been running around fleet crapping everywhere.

It would be cool if they crapped stuff Bioanalysis people could clean up. Is there a mat in the game called "Brown Goo?"

There should be.

Edited by PLynkes