best foot forward quest

ok after the patch i get this quest about the hutts and since ive dealt with them before they would like me to go deal with them again.

the quest is called best foot forward and in my mission log it is listed as a operations quest. the quest giver is on the fleet and the next part of the mission is to go talk to some droid in the hanger of the ziost shadow. so i go there, no droid, go all over the ziost shadow, no droid, cant find this particular droid. check my map, no indication of where i should go to find this droid.

so my question is, is this quest completable right now, is it for some operation to be added later on or is the quest directions just wrong. should i abandon for now, i thought it would deal with karaggas palace but i go to where that guy is on the fleet and no droid by him either. this is just a bit frustrating to me because i really like to do quests but to give me a quest that is not currently able to be finished drives me nuts just looking at that quest in my log.

anyone seen this quest, has anyone completed it, or is it not completable.

hmm, well for one i dont know which operation it is for, it doesnt give me a name and the quest tells me to go talk to droid ld- some numbers here at the hangar of the ziost shadow. i didnt figure i had to go inside a operation to find the guy since nowhere in the quest did it mention that nor does it mention that in the quest log. i didnt even realize it was a operations quest until i looked at in my mission log and saw the operation above it. but i will try to do that, just havent yet.

the description does not match reality.

1. you have a QUEST to talk to a droid

2. there is no map marker on where the hell to go once on the Ziost to talk to the droid

3. it DOES NOT say you need an OPS GROUP in order to enter said zone to talk to the droid, aka - impossible to talk to the droid without an OPS GROUP.

4. assuming a brand new player knew where to go (impossible for a new player to know what door to enter), it is not marked on the map and it is impossible to go in without an ops group

so, you could see why this would be extremely confusing for someone on the FLEET who got this mission which then sent them to the Ziost to then be completely confused!

the description does not match reality.

1. you have a QUEST to talk to a droid

2. there is no map marker on where the hell to go once on the Ziost to talk to the droid

3. it DOES NOT say you need an OPS GROUP in order to enter said zone to talk to the droid, aka - impossible to talk to the droid without an OPS GROUP.

4. assuming a brand new player knew where to go (impossible for a new player to know what door to enter), it is not marked on the map and it is impossible to go in without an ops group

so, you could see why this would be extremely confusing for someone on the FLEET who got this mission which then sent them to the Ziost to then be completely confused!

that explains a lot of why I couldn't find this droid.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok nice simple answer on this just been wondering what this mission was as i ve done lots of ops on lots of chars and yet I can pick this up on all of them.

Go to zoist shadow, mission deck, go left straight out the elevator and down the ramp, at the bottom of the ramp turn left again which will take you to an instance. This instance will be orange in colour if you are on your own so either ask a friend, guildie or someone out of /1 to group up with you. Covert the party to operations and enter.

LD-402 can be found in the hanger, next to the shuttle that transports you down to Karagga's palace, waiting for you to turn in mission.

"Best foot forward" it seems simply takes you to "hutt hospitality" which will show under ops in your log.

• 4 months later...
These minimum lvl 50 missions give 11305 xp which you don't need. What's the point of these?

its a smidgen of rpg design leaking through. Anything vaguely off the beaten path gets a pointer quest or 2 to try and shove the player to go look at some pretty thing they made. actually pretty common in other rpg developers too. And if you made a quest it has to give xp cause if it didn't the universe would implode or something.

Honestly i think the xp value some how determines legacy xp. so the value needs to exist for the legacy calcualtion to fire correctly. Additionally from the game design side xp is often used as base or check for all sorts of things because xp always exists on everything rpg since the dawn of rpg time