Thrash VS Normal attack

Nithryok

I am level 24 SI assasin and have a question. In theory crafting with thrashes current dmg, normal attacks do more dmg. Is this intented for thrash to be replace by voltanic slash later on or will it always just be used to proc shock's for less energy.

And if so they build up of 3 attacks and energy expendture is not worth it compaired to the dmg maul can put out in 1 attack vs 3 attacks.

Any thoughts on this matter before I toss thrash off my skill bars and respec to not have thrash talents.

I'd say keep it, for now. Usually, when I'm fighting NPCs, I use Thrash when I can no longer use Maul from behind. That, and I toss on a Lightning Discharge, but that's just me ;)

Until you compare every close, frontal combat with it, I'd say keep it until something better comes along. That, and a proc'd Shock is always good.

There's no way Thrash should be doing less damage than the basic non-force using attack.

Voltaic Slash will replace Thrash when you acquire it. It takes its place in the rotation.

You should only be using Maul if Duplicity has procced, otherwise it uses too much Force to be worth it over Thrash/Voltaic. You should only use Shock if you've used Thrash/Voltaic twice to lower its cost (and up its damage in the case of Voltaic).

If you're doing your rotation right, you'll never use an ability that costs more than 25 Force.

I think the wording is way off. Standard attack looking at descriptions appera to do more damage. But in actual play it definitely doesnt. I think I've seen somewhere that normal attack deals its damage over 3 flurries, not per strike, so that's probably where the confusion arises.