View Single Post

robertthebard
02.16.2021 , 04:40 PM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
Its about the principle now you defend one part too, just like people here defend that it shoudl stay that way, what ever the reason is. There are quite a few achievements that are time-consuming. Getting the rep from Space missions was one of them. They might as well make digging for treassures easier, it doesnt bother anyone who spent months on it, right? It was in the past, right? Game is changing...... its not about this is group stuff, this is not, its about the principle.
Did they also remove the rep cap per week? I must have missed that in their announcements. The only thing that changes is that now more missions will award rep. As someone that doesn't particularly care one way or the other, why didn't the operations already give Rep? It should have been a thing from day 1. The only "principle" that I see is "but it's not fair"? To me, it's "I don't care". I don't care that it's easier to get Rep, and I don't care that someone thinks it's not fair. I'm not required to do either.

They are going to run into the same obstacles that I have: weekly caps on reputation. "But they can store the tokens for future reference"... You mean, the same way we all did for places like Section X? Where the end result is that you effectively lower the cap for the following week, by using up the rep tokens from the previous week, or, as I have done with Section X in particular, make running it moot because I had enough tokens to hit the cap w/out ever leaving my ship.

This is a change that has 0 impact on anyone except for the people that want to be busy bodying it up keeping tabs on what others are doing that they may not approve of.
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
Also, just a small point. Why should anyone who plays this game exclusively for any particular type of content, have to run a different type of content just to earn gear? What is that attitude all about?