View Single Post

robertthebard
02.16.2021 , 10:16 AM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Exactly, itís not like it affects anyone else if they get these done.
The same could be said for uprisings which is going to be harder for master mode after tonightís patch.
Does that mean all my master mode uprising achievements should be reset because I did them while easier than someone will be able to do them tomorrow?
Of course not because it doesnít affect anyone else or how they play the game. I really donít understand the whole mentality of restricting others from doing x y z because you had to do it when it was harder. Especially when Bioware are willing to also increase the difficulty on achievements and not reset those for people who did it when it was easier (and Iím not suggesting they should).
The game evolves and changes. Look how easy somethingís are now compared to 9 years ago. I donít begrudge people who get those achievements now when some are super easy compared to back then.
Yep. On your last point, however, while some of that is done dev side, most of the reason we find things much easier now than previously is experience. To stay closer to the topic, in Nez Perron Sweep(sp), I used to be happy if I could get the first seven ships. As my comms increased, along with my ships gear, it became getting all the ships before the destroyer, then getting through the "spin cycle" w/out using an EMP, getting all the turrets on the destroyer, getting the second wave mission completed before I got through with the "chase wave" after the "spin cycle", then getting the Command Center on the way out. The same applies to progression raiding.

We learned how it works, and so are better able to handle it. While on Nar Shaddaa yesterday, a player was having problems with a class mission, and the advice was running to "you should have done the planetary missions before you got here". My questions? "How's your gear, what role are you playing, and what role is your comp set to". They set their comp to tank, and finished the mission on the first try...
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
Also, just a small point. Why should anyone who plays this game exclusively for any particular type of content, have to run a different type of content just to earn gear? What is that attitude all about?