Game Update 7.4.1c coming April 3 ×

Some bugs wondering if anyone else shares...

lwiggles

1) After GSF games half my UI disappears forcing me to re-log (one in 50-ish games event)

2) The icon for Ion rail gun on the Redeemer displays the same picture as the slug rail gun

3) Their is no audio for afterburners on Redeemer

4) Tier 4/5 choices for upgrades reset to default mysteriously

Edited by lwiggles

1) Happens to me as well, sometimes even in the middle of the match. Rare enough not to bother trying to do anything about it though.

2) and 3) Don't use Redeemer and haven't see on other ships.

4) Tier choices reset when you change components. Eg. You have Clusters on your sting with both T4 and T5 right, switch to Rocket Pods, switch back to Clusters and both upgrades are left.

Edited by Asbetos

1) After GSF games half my UI disappears forcing me to re-log (one in 50-ish games event)

Very rarely have seen something similar to this. At times, my zone out will remove my GUI, and Ctrl+U spam often repairs it. Not common for me at all.

2) The icon for Ion rail gun on the Redeemer displays the same picture as the slug rail gun

This bug is well known in the forums, the devs have never commented on it. This seems to be related to the fact that the cartel ships have very little resources specific to them, such that, for instance, the type 2 cartel gunship always has a generic missile icon, or the type 1 cartel gunship always has a generic railgun icon. If you will notice, your ion, plasma, and slug models on the ship are all identical, and this is likely related to them sharing the same icon.

This problem is shared by three of the five cartel ships, in fact. The TZ-24 does not change its icon when switching primary weapons (most players of this ship use the firing arc to distinguish instead, so not a big problem), the K-52 does not change its icon when switching secondary weapons (many players of this ship switch between a railgun and a torpedo, such that the ammo appearing or disappearing solves it, but those who run double railgun face the same problem you describe, and those who run double torp face a lesser one, as the ammo counts are separate which aids in distinction, and the arcs can be specced separate as well). And of course, the VX-9 doesn't get an update when it switches betwixt, and this is generally the most harmful of it.

It's on my list:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=752949

3) Their is no audio for afterburners on Redeemer

Have never seen this. What OS are you running?

4) Tier 4/5 choices for upgrades reset to default mysteriously

As was stated, this only happens if you unselect a component and then reselect it. What happens is, YOU have a "slot 1 tier 4 selector", not the weapon itself. So if you deselect quad lasers, while unselected it has NOTHING picked. You can demonstrate this: queue GSF normally, then select any ship, and pick a component that is mastered but not active on that ship- say when you queued your Starguard had mastered ion cannon and mastered heavy laser selected (whether or not the Starguard is on your bar). Pick the Starguard while queued, then pick your mastered Rapid Fire Lasers. You will note that every tier is unlocked, but only the first three have the bold "you have picked this talent" marker around them. The final two tiers are unlocked but not selected. If you were to have pressed this button when you were not queued, it would have picked your Rapid Fire Lasers, then defaulted your selectors to the left positions.

CTRL+U never works for me. The only solution is to quit the match and get a messed up normal UI. Again, even there CTRL+U doesn't help no matter how much I spam it. The only thing that helps is a relog. Also, it's happened on 2 separately downloaded and installed clients.

CTRL+U never works for me. The only solution is to quit the match and get a messed up normal UI. Again, even there CTRL+U doesn't help no matter how much I spam it. The only thing that helps is a relog. Also, it's happened on 2 separately downloaded and installed clients.

Because it's not CTRL +U it is CTRL+U+U. As in hold CTRL down and tap U twice.

Because it's not CTRL +U it is CTRL+U+U. As in hold CTRL down and tap U twice.

I've actually had it happen to the point that no amount of reloading the UI helped. It has happened exactly once to me, though, and in well over 1k games (no idea what the real count is at this point... Too many alts...), so I would call this a rare bug.

I've had it happen another time or two (I think all recently?) where reloading the UI with CTRL+U+U did the trick right away. It's never happened in a match for me, though. Always going back to a PVE screen from a match.

Edited by nyghtrunner

Try going back to the default UI?

If that does it, maybe send Bioware the one that's breaking, so they can figure out why.

Considering the fact that it breaks very rarely, I'd rather have them spend that time working on something else. It's just a minor QoL issue.

• 2 years later...

I just got the VX-9 Gunship,and the icon the slug and ion same!

i dont want to guess when u in the figth*

or should i close my eyes and fly, maybe rock front of me or not...

so Fix it please, i dont think take to mutch effort*

Maybe 200ppl for 1 year....or if u lisen then 1 ppl 1hour?

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
Very rarely have seen something similar to this. At times, my zone out will remove my GUI, and Ctrl+U spam often repairs it. Not common for me at all.

I have the Bug when I'm dead and the match ends. Almost always.

CTRL-U helps.

Edited by Magira