BoE Cartel Toys assigned to Quickbars are Inventory Position Dependant

oofalong

Bug: BoE Cartel Toys assigned to Quickbar slots activate the first example of the item even if a copy of the item already exists in your inventory and is bound.

Impact: BoE Cartel Toys can become erroneously bound.

Detailed explantion including links to Screenshots.

1. I have two unbound Ball Tosses in my inventory - one and two. Plus, you will notice this item is assigned to my Quickbar.

2. When I activate the Ball Toss via my Quickbar, the first Ball Toss in my inventory becomes rightfully bound to me. Notice, the second Ball Toss is still unbound.

3. Next, I re-used my Quickbar binding to show that the second Ball Toss still does not bind to me.

4. Then I moved the first Ball Toss behind the second Ball Toss in my inventory. You will notice the second Ball Toss is still unbound to me. Again, the Ball Toss previously referred to the first Ball Toss is now later in my inventory and it is still bound to me.

5. Now, when I use the ability on my Quickbar the second Ball Toss becomes bound to me despite the presence of the already bound Ball Toss.

I believe this situation is a bug. For consumable items such as medpacs and stims, it is logical for the Quickbar to just find the first example of the item to use/consume/activate. However, this causes problems with the numerous BoE Cartel Toys.

My example with multiple bound Ball Tosses is inconsequential; however, the same thing happened to me with a Music Therapy Probe, which is considerably more valuable. I hope this bug will be acknowledged and/or fixed. Plus, I hope someone will unbind a Music Therapy Droid for me. I have opened a ticket with Customer Service on this issue, which I am happy to provide here if it helps the matter.

/signed.

Really ticked off cause I spent a ton of REAL money to get a second music therapy probe. Just mail one to my alt or unlock it in the stupid collections thing, where I have to pay twice for an item.

This is the most rediculous bug. Especially how it seems important to you guys that the cash shop works well and is constantly updated.

I was so mad I went and bought another game to play.

I had the same problem with a Cartel toy. CS won't do anything because they view it as an accidental binding, but it seems like this is a bug. Will you acknowledge it as a bug so CS an unbind my item?

We already have a yellow message, but this message is very vague:

Hi there!

I've moved this report to the Customer Support Forum, because it is reaching out for help. We are currently investigating the reported bug and will communicate about it in this thread in the Bug Report Forum when there are more details available.

For a bit more detail and information about why this was moved and how our system works, please refer to these two posts:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=641542

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=644631

Thanks for your understanding and I apologize for the inconvenience!

• 3 weeks later...
I just got 2 pocket sarlacc and I put the first one on one of my action bars, to use it frequently, then I got the second one and when I looked at it it was bound WITHOUT clicking on it all. No bind timer either. Has anyone experienced this bug/glitch. Is it intended? I can't imagine they would make it auto bind and not be able to sell it on GTN or trade it. Any/all responses would be much appreciated, but I'd like to hear from an employee.

Hello there folks,

We're investigating an issue where some items may bind if they are in your inventory while you use/bind another item of the same type. We were able to resolve some instances of this, but based on your reports, there are clearly still instances of it happening.

We're sorry for the inconvenience and will follow up in this thread when there's more information available!

I do not understand. Are you fix something? So we can get our items back?

• Dev Post

Hello there,

Because this is the original bug report, I will post this and all future follow ups about this issue here. We've been watching this thread and it's actually what sparked the investigation initially. After further follow up, I can now confirm that we have the rest of instances fixed and in testing for Game Update 2.3.

For anyone that experiences their items binding upon using another of the same type, you are able to file a Customer Support help ticket to have the item replaced. We're sorry for the inconvenience and have added the problem to the Known Issues.

Hello there,

Because this is the original bug report, I will post this and all future follow ups about this issue here. We've been watching this thread and it's actually what sparked the investigation initially. After further follow up, I can now confirm that we have the rest of instances fixed and in testing for Game Update 2.3.

For anyone that experiences their items binding upon using another of the same type, you are able to file a Customer Support help ticket to have the item replaced. We're sorry for the inconvenience and have added the problem to the Known Issues.

Amber do you mean and in-game ticket? or a support ticket from the website?