Nerf Denova?

Man, this argument is so weak. I am one of the first time MMO players and I completely disagree. I remember the satisfaction I got from beating SM EC the first time. What a relief. It took my guild a couple weeks to gear up the new guys and get a good run in, and when we beat it it felt awesome. Same way with lost island. Take your new-school weakling ideas and go play the new madden if you want an easy game. If I can learn the mechanics, so can you. Here's to making HM EV and KP harder, keeping Denova the way it is, and for hellacious ops to come in the future.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some of the change make me wonder. For example, they change the probe so it does not cleave anymore. So what soes the probe do in story mode, if it doesn't cleave? How bad can you be if you can't kick the cleave?

anyway, let us all pray that they don't touch the hard mode.

I think that the cleave change was due to it killing tanks. There were times when we attempted it that the thing would one shot our tank, and she is an experienced tank that was mostly black hole at the time. After that it was a wipe.

Honestly I think the changes are positive. they aren't nerfing the damage done, or the hp of the bosses just relaxing the mechanics a little bit. which honestly is the only real gripe most people had with it.

I am going to try and perform a before and after when it goes live. we plan to run it sunday as is and log it, then see how big a difference it makes after the patch goes live.

I think that the cleave change was due to it killing tanks. There were times when we attempted it that the thing would one shot our tank, and she is an experienced tank that was mostly black hole at the time. After that it was a wipe.

I am very sorry, but if she is very expierienced tank, she should have know how to use interrupt...

on second note, (i'm usualy doing puzzle) I was asked recently to do tanking since other tank wanted to learn the puzzle in case I'm not there, and I absolutly forgot that there was anything to interrupt on SM, and barely seen my hp going down from first cleave, and interrupted all others.

and this was columni jugg alt tank, can't think how it could one shot full BH tank.

unles you are talking about HM EC, in that case, I'm afraid it will still be killing her (on side note, again, cleave on HM doesn't do much dmg either)

• 3 weeks later...

Let's face it, nerfing SM EC has a massive consequence, people who can clear SM EC will not have as good quality practice for HM EC. By making the mechanics in SM EC so much easier (and there was a big difference to begin with) they've changed it from a way to practice for HM EC to just another easy op.

Before it was more mechanic heavy than EV/KP on any difficulty, now it's just a gear check:(

So with the changes the new difficulty would go like this

1. SM EV

2. SM KP

3. SM EC

4. HM EV

5. HM KP

6. SM TFB

7. NiM EV

8. NiM KP

9. HM EC

10. HM TFB

Now does that seem like a good idea to you?

There's 5 Operations between SM EC and HM EC. That's going to hurt people who are just starting out and haven't done HM EC yet.

It needs to be nerfed for casuals to complete? Dont the casuals always say that raiding isnt hard? Dont they always say they should be able to have solo raids to get the same gear? Saying that a raid needs nerfed, because its too hard, kind of blows their statement out of the water, doesnt it?

It needs to be nerfed for casuals to complete? Dont the casuals always say that raiding isnt hard? Dont they always say they should be able to have solo raids to get the same gear? Saying that a raid needs nerfed, because its too hard, kind of blows their statement out of the water, doesnt it?

The thing that the casuals don't understand is that they're actually being hurt by the SM EC nerfs.

A) Let's say that the real content for raiders will be the new and improved nightmare modes and that the purpose of hard modes is to gear up for Nightmare.

B) Now if raiders use HM to gear for Nightmare, then logically casuals use story to gear up and practice for HM.

The issue is that if the mechanics are nerfed on SM, it means that casuals will actually have a bigger gap to cross. They will have to go from an SM EC that was harder than HM KP but not by much, to an SM EC that's easier than HM KP.

Despite there now being a new Story Mode, I suspect that casuals will actually have a HARDER time doing HM EC. Why? Because BW just took their practice grounds and turned it into a crater. Let's get someone from BW to watch how many casuals who cleared pre-nerf SM EC in September manage to clear at least part of HM EC in October, compared to the people who never did it pre-nerf. I'm betting that the casuals who did it pre-nerf will have a much higher rate of success.

Why are we all kidding ourselves?

The casuals don't care what mode they do aslong as they get their "just rewards" because they pay the same yadda yadda yadda.

I have no issue with rakata going out hand over fist, aslong as there is a gap between SM and HM i'm a happy camper cause we all know that casuals only wipe 1-2 times then call it a night.

inb4 "we're casual and we stay to learn a whole raid"

The thing that the casuals don't understand is that they're actually being hurt by the SM EC nerfs.

A) Let's say that the real content for raiders will be the new and improved nightmare modes and that the purpose of hard modes is to gear up for Nightmare.

B) Now if raiders use HM to gear for Nightmare, then logically casuals use story to gear up and practice for HM.

The issue is that if the mechanics are nerfed on SM, it means that casuals will actually have a bigger gap to cross. They will have to go from an SM EC that was harder than HM KP but not by much, to an SM EC that's easier than HM KP.

Despite there now being a new Story Mode, I suspect that casuals will actually have a HARDER time doing HM EC. Why? Because BW just took their practice grounds and turned it into a crater. Let's get someone from BW to watch how many casuals who cleared pre-nerf SM EC in September manage to clear at least part of HM EC in October, compared to the people who never did it pre-nerf. I'm betting that the casuals who did it pre-nerf will have a much higher rate of success.

Yeah, I totally understand the learning curve. Im just saying that... before the game was launched there was 1000 page thread after thread about how raiding is easy and casuals should have a solo way to get the same gear. Apparently soloing is more difficult then raiding. I was just pointing out... they are now asking for nerfs because its too hard for them. If raiding was so easy then they wouldnt be asking for nerfs.

IOW they just killed their own arguement. Just like I said they would pre-launch

Edited by Soluss