Welcome to Game Update 2.7: Invasion

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought we were supposed to be getting new abilities for some of the classes... I have yet to see that on my sorc with the whole Bastion thing for his shock barrier. Also it seems my operative still uses energy to roll. Not that I am looking forward to his stuff getting nerfed too. :mad:

After finishing both FPs and story I found the experience to be quite anti-climactic, considering that we're invading/retaking the seats of power for both Sith and Jedi, I expected something a bit more epic. The Flashpoints didn't have anything to offer, it was just in the way of quest completion.

Crappy loot and unimaginative FP-related vendor armor design aside (Seriously, two identical sets with differing color variations and ugly to boot? That's what we have dyes.) All I got from this (Empire side) was some lame foreshadowing and Lana the animated barbie doll, I'm quite sure she's the most plastic looking model I've seen so far.

Why do you keep nerfing shadows? This is absurd. First we lose range on stun, then our knockback is a cone, then we can't heal ourselves, and now our kick is a stun instead of a knockdown. I might as well get rid of this toon.

Combat shadows are totally worthless against bounty hunters, ops, and sorcs. Thanks guys.

I would rather have the armor rating increase we have now any day than have heals and be spiky as a tank

After finishing both FPs and story I found the experience to be quite anti-climactic, considering that we're invading/retaking the seats of power for both Sith and Jedi, I expected something a bit more epic. The Flashpoints didn't have anything to offer, it was just in the way of quest completion.

Crappy loot and unimaginative FP-related vendor armor design aside (Seriously, two identical sets with differing color variations and ugly to boot? That's what we have dyes.) All I got from this (Empire side) was some lame foreshadowing and Lana the animated barbie doll, I'm quite sure she's the most plastic looking model I've seen so far.

The flash points are only a prolog of the overall story line. They are design to introduce you not tell you the full story yet

Just patched update and has a message on launcher "This application has encountered an unspecified error. Please try this patch again." but has no way to verify game catch or redo patch ??? seriously guys your a bunch of idiots...:mad:

The flash points are only a prolog of the overall story line. They are design to introduce you not tell you the full story yet

I'm aware, I would have liked the full story but just a prologue is fine.

This on the other was like reading the first page of a book, there was no depth and the flash points which should be important events felt like trivial "clear out those guys over there and come back" quest.

That was one short prologue. I mean, that was basically Ch. 1 interlude's Revan series with a bonus "quest" tacked on.

Yeha this is only the beginning :cool: I'm very happy for this patch and I can't wait to know the new narrative development :D

Yesterday when I did new fp, I observed more flexibility on the flashpoints with enemies that attack their own initiative.

Thanks for the new flashpoints, BW. It's good to have some new content. I also like the outlook for some new stories. So far, there is not much story told. I am very surprised how little outcome there is actually for invading e. g. the Sith Temple on Korriban. I mean, this is a huge thing, right?

The ultimate climax is the conversation with the final boss on Tython. That was epic stuff he was saying. Who would have thought that?! Nobody could foresee the things he told us. Who wrote this conversation? Brilliant.

[somewhere within the second paragraph I hid some sarcasm. If you played the FP, you can spot it easily.]

Is any of the new content soloable?

Can you solo Labs and Meltdown? Well, these are harder. I suppose the best of the best in great gear might can do it. But, the mobs hit hard and if I recall you can't use kolto stations playing solo. It would be tedious.

The ultimate climax is the conversation with the final boss on Tython. That was epic stuff he was saying. Who would have thought that?! Nobody could foresee the things he told us. Who wrote this conversation? Brilliant.

[somewhere within the second paragraph I hid some sarcasm. If you played the FP, you can spot it easily.]

I ran it yesterday for the first time...and what he said was SHOCKING! I haven't seen a plot twist that epic since Vader said "I am your father'!

:rolleyes:

I've only ran through both FP's on 3 chars so far and each time I love them even more! I tried to solo Korriban but could only get the 2nd boss to around 50% cause Mako just stands around and gets killed but I'm gonna try a new strategy. If the devs intended to get us excited for the rest of the story then I gotta say mission accomplished.

Can you solo Labs and Meltdown? Well, these are harder. I suppose the best of the best in great gear might can do it. But, the mobs hit hard and if I recall you can't use kolto stations playing solo. It would be tedious.

Well, this is a new story arc, shouldn't some of it be solo'able? i am not against group content, but when a new story arc is full group content, is when its a very bad thing, because while from what i have seen, the story is virtually non-existant, if it was story heavy, most, have already seen it, which means, i won't be able to see it, since they all will be telling me to skip all the story so they can rush through the content.

I mean if all the future content will be group only will not be a good route to take.

For me, endgame raiding is acceptable to me, because i have the dailies that i can do on my own, its more fun to do things on my own, but this new tier of storylines is group only........big mistake on bioware's end.

Well, this is a new story arc, shouldn't some of it be solo'able? i am not against group content, but when a new story arc is full group content, is when its a very bad thing, because while from what i have seen, the story is virtually non-existant, if it was story heavy, most, have already seen it, which means, i won't be able to see it, since they all will be telling me to skip all the story so they can rush through the content.

I mean if all the future content will be group only will not be a good route to take.

For me, endgame raiding is acceptable to me, because i have the dailies that i can do on my own, its more fun to do things on my own, but this new tier of storylines is group only........big mistake on bioware's end.

Most of the story is outside of the flashpoint, connected to the breadcrumb quest.

The Dread Masters arc was also mostly group content.

The next large solo content arc will probably be 3.0.

I really like the visuals of both locations. The storyline is a bit ...huh? probably because I only ran through it once. It looks interesting though. I doubt the storyline will play out with connected decisions...but idk. BW games have always had consequences. Just seems thus far any decisions made don't have any lasting consequences. Kaiden or Ash in ME1, etc.,etc.