• RNG persists
  • ALTs are still mostly ignored
  • F2P and Pref are still ignored
  • The grind remains
  • No Unassembled Components from doing other stuff than PVP
  • Oh and some mumbo jumbo about CXP increses... smoke and mirrors
  • Lowbies / midbies does still not earn anything

Meh.

you're kidding right? almost quadruple GC exp, exp packs legacy bound, increased components drop rate + a bunch more, you'd have to be crazy to still be complaining. you know how extremely simple that makes it?

Does it? Not to mention the extremely way over convoluted and confusing system to buff GC, the number of boxes you open is nearly irrelevant as the chance of useful items is very low.

The only thing that would have been useful is buffing UC, which is not coming till a month from now and is still not determined. Or of course improve the chance of items per box.

To summarize the changes are nearly useless. Depending on the UC changes in a month, it might be better.

Not happy about the add 250% XP boost which wasn't mentioned in Eric's post.

That means any Alts will lvl fast in lowbies and mids and I like to lvl at a normal rate.

At 250% I'll be able to take a lvl 10 up to 70 in a few days.

Considering lowbies and mids is the only enjoyable pvp for me at the moment until this RNG gear thing is fully sorted out. This XP boost ruins the last bastion of enjoyment still in the game for me.

I don't know if this effects anyone else or if it's just me. But I've PMd Eric to ask for an option to turn it off. I've also started a thread if anyone else would like to request this option.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=913595

:o

RNG can be a pain in the *** sometimes but it's fine by me, I do like components from PVP, already upgraded to 242 5 pieces, it's fine. The only thing I have a problem with is changing "complicating" system to something more streamlined but to just complicate it even further in the future (components pieces etc.). More of a quick fix rather than a solution.

RNG can be a pain in the *** sometimes but it's fine by me, I do like components from PVP, already upgraded to 242 5 pieces, it's fine. The only thing I have a problem with is changing "complicating" system to something more streamlined but to just complicate it even further in the future (components pieces etc.). More of a quick fix rather than a solution.

Same here, got my 242 pants, few more games till my 242 belt, while having enough mods/enhancements in my bank to gear up an alt in equal or above bolster gear.

Same here, got my 242 pants, few more games till my 242 belt, while having enough mods/enhancements in my bank to gear up an alt in equal or above bolster gear.

We know your view. You love your gear advantage over the average player and you want to keep the gearing process slow so that you can keep your advantage as long as possible. You've never been good at pvp but now you are beating some people and you want to keep believing it is because your skill increased.

Although, from seeing you in the past I'm sure that even with 242 you aren't too much of a threat :)

We know your view. You love your gear advantage over the average player and you want to keep the gearing process slow so that you can keep your advantage as long as possible. You've never been good at pvp but now you are beating some people and you want to keep believing it is because your skill increased.

Although, from seeing you in the past I'm sure that even with 242 you aren't too much of a threat :)

Apparently you don't know nearly as much as you like to think, considering your post has a grand total of 0 things correct. Let's address them, shall we? that will be fun :)

We know your view. You love your gear advantage over the average player and you want to keep the gearing process slow so that you can keep your advantage as long as possible.

Ooh, a swing and a miss for attempt #1!! I have repeatedly advocated for increased componentss among other changes and have posted the new changes on this very thread where we are getting almost 4x the GCXP to go along with those increased components. I have also repeatedly explained how people can use their extra pieces to gear up alts at or above bolster level, while offering to craft mods/enhancements for free.

You've never been good at pvp but now you are beating some people and you want to keep believing it is because your skill increased.

Another whiff on attempt #2. I earn my gear through pvp, so saying I'm highly geared is admitting I win a lot to get that gear in this short amount of time. I'm also pretty certain we haven't played with or against each other before, I'd even doubt your on the same server. This makes any comment on my skill by you automatically invalid.

Annnnnd a strike out, so sad, so sad. Oh I'm sure, Ignoring the fact that I highly doubt I've run into you on any server (you must have been very forgettable), this coming from the guy that can't stop crying about premades and hides his identity while making failed attempts to call others out. nice try there, bud :rolleyes:

Edited by jedcjedcjedc

Ooh, a swing and a miss for attempt #1!! I have repeatedly advocated for increased componentss among other changes and have posted the new changes on this very thread where we are getting almost 4x the GCXP to go along with those increased components. I have also repeatedly explained how people can use their extra pieces to gear up alts at or above bolster level, while offering to craft mods/enhancements for free.

It's still going to take forever and a day to gear a new character, and how long do you think Joe NewPlayer will stick around at level 70, when all he got is bolstered 232 with no set bonus against players with level 24x with set bonus? Please stop trying to sell GC, no one here is buying.

Genuine question: Are in any way affiliated with EA / BW?

Apparently you don't know nearly as much as you like to think, considering your post has a grand total of 0 things correct. Let's address them, shall we? that will be fun :)

You are one of the very few to defend the current system. The current system is anti-alts and people in largely 240+ are at a rather large gear advantage to the average pvp'r. You are largely 240+. If you made only one or two posts defending 5.1 I would think it is possible that you just have different tastes however you work very hard to promote 5.1 and it at least seems that you like the gear advantage you now have.

Another whiff on attempt #2. I earn my gear through pvp, so saying I'm highly geared is admitting I win a lot to get that gear in this short amount of time. I'm also pretty certain we haven't played with or against each other before, I'd even doubt your on the same server. This makes any comment on my skill by you automatically invalid.

You just need to play a lot to get gear. Wins speed up the rate at which gear is acquired but are not necessary. Also, even a bad player can be carried in regs near half the time. You have even admitted to buying and crafting a lot of gear and so your comment about through pvp doesn't mean anything.

Annnnnd a strike out, so sad, so sad. Oh I'm sure, Ignoring the fact that I highly doubt I've run into you on any server (you must have been very forgettable), this coming from the guy that can't stop crying about premades and hides his identity while making failed attempts to call others out. nice try there, bud :rolleyes:

I did several chars in ranked last season and I put a dps sorc on JC for a quick run to 1700 in case the mounts were cool and/or if they made a nice armor set :( . I saw you a couple times and well...not impressed. I would not normally bring this up but since I am making the point that you enjoy the gear gap it would make sense. BTW, I'm not saying people in 240s are bad. There are a lot of good players that were good before 240 but that doesn't mean that 5.1 is good.

Also, it is funny that you would spend the time to check my post history but since you did please read closer. I love premading. In Rift I would premade half the time and had the best premade in my server group. I just hate constant pugstomping. I don't premade very often in swtor because of the lack of x-server, mixed faction, and matchmaking. Normal people do not enjoy pugstomping. We want even matches. It is like when I used to play basketball. If there weren't many people playing and one team was just far better than the others we would mix the teams up to make the games more fun. This is what normal people want.

Edited by DarthRaika

considering I am from the guild death on jc and have no clue what im posting but do it for the luls :rolleyes:

Fixed. ooops or was i not supposed to tell them who you are aiden.Gosh darn those dang jc rekkids has foiled you again.oh look what class to .Think you should stop posting your nonsense.

Name: AidenVemrork

Class: Merc

Record Broken and Spot: WZ 70's HPS #3 (currently, but koltoshots' record will make this one 4th)

Number: 6,013.32

Guild: DEATH

Edited by falkron-kerupt

Fixed. ooops or was i not supposed to tell them who you are aiden.Gosh darn those dang jc rekkids has foiled you again.oh look what class to .Think you should stop posting your nonsense.

Name: AidenVemrork

Class: Merc

Record Broken and Spot: WZ 70's HPS #3 (currently, but koltoshots' record will make this one 4th)

Number: 6,013.32

Guild: DEATH

LoL :p

I feel like they dug themselves in a hole here. The solution to me would be too make GC levels legacy bound. This would actually promote playing alts.

The hole: RNG gear from crates. You need the level pops to get your gear.

I wish they would have left the normal gear vendors, one gear to rule them all ( I like that I can PvE once in a while, and it counts towards PvP grind). Then created one currency (remember the goal was to simplify)

Umm, was it supposed to be a secret? Someone forgot to mention that to me. how many SS's have I posted showing exactly what character I'm on? hmm, you can find them all over the forum, I'm hardly hiding it. the troll brigade will have to try a little harder to do something that has any actual substance.

Pot calling the kettle black :rolleyes:

As you've already been shown, I'm not shy about people knowing who I am. You just need to pay better attention I guess.

Edited by jedcjedcjedc

Umm, was it supposed to be a secret? Someone forgot to mention that to me. how many SS's have I posted showing exactly what character I'm on? hmm, you can find them all over the forum, I'm hardly hiding it. the troll brigade will have to try a little harder to do something that has any actual substance.

As you've already been shown, I'm not shy about people knowing who I am. You just need to pay better attention I guess.

I've never seen you post it, but if so, then I apologise

The problem is Bio-ware has moved away from a simple and easy gearing system, where the most grind was Unassembled components from Operations; to a labyrinthine system that the average person does not understand, which has a long grind to it.

As most people have already pointed out, the problems are RNG and grinding gear. The CXP increase addresses neither of these problems. I have two characters that are above command level 30 and neither of them has a full set of 230 gear. What does that tell you? Whether or not they had reach GC level 30 in 30 minutes or 30 months, the result is the same: mostly crap coming from the command crates. So, Increasing the CXP does not deplete the gear grind. What would decrease the grind is increasing the unassembled components that we get and also providing other ways of getting them, rather than through just pvp.

But for the changes to gearing, most of use would have had at least 5 alts that are fully augmented in top tier PvP gear which is more than sufficient to do all SM, tactical and HM content (except for Ops (HM)). BW has broken a system that was not broken and was working just fine.

I've never seen you post it, but if so, then I apologise

That would be because he only posted this info in jc server forums not on pvp general ,or anything else. secoundly i would not apologize to him . Not only does he have gear advantage over others ,but he as well plays an obvious fotm class that needs to be fixed..Keep in mind check out all the posts asking for the devs to take mercs down a peg, you will see him as well defending the merc class is fine.So he comes to these forums ,and posts this system is fine comments. So then he hopes to keep both his advantages

Which was my point in intrests on his replies.

Edited by falkron-kerupt

Lol, I check to see if he's still up to his old stalkerish troll ways, and wasn't dissapointed.

Here's one in this forum from just last week

getting a gear "advantage" isn't all that hard, even on alts

Oh wait, is that me letting people in on the (albeit should be obvious) trick of ripping out pieces to use in legacy gear to help people who want to play alts? nah couldn't be, I'm just a terrible person and wouldn't do that.

Also, if you think Bodyguard merc is OP or FotM, I have a whole new reason not to take anything you say seriously at all :D