Server Hopping Republic GSF Weirdos are Ruining Queue's

Seriously, this band of cub-scouts need to knock it off. This isn't a qq thread; I am going to queue up myself regardless, and I'd say I win against them 35-40% of the time. But casual players and folks who would be interested in queue'ing up simply don't because of these OP knuckleheads and their 8-12 gunships. And that causes the queues to take forever, and then even the people who would be queuing leave to go do other things (regular PVP, Ops, etc) :mad:

I don't even understand how you find what you do to be fun or worth wild. You are the GSF equivalent of a group of people that just run 4 man Solo-mode Esseless social runs all day in full 248 gear with Jesus Droids to boot. Except what you do is even worse, because your shenanigans result in long queue times for all INCLUDING YOURSELVES, so you spend half your day sitting on fleet waiting for pops.

The coming changes to GSF are unfortunately too little, too late. Feel free to come in here and provide troll responses; it doesn't change the fact that you are ruining what is already the least played group content in the game. Congrats :cool:

Edited by DarthNillard

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you mind sharing some details? A lot of folks server-hop, myself included...but I've never heard of an entire battalion of 8-12 gunships doing this. Which server are we talking about here? Is this a regular occurrence?

They go between The Red Eclipse, Shadowlands, and Harbinger and only play republic side. They run at least one, usually 2, and sometimes it seems 3 groups of 4 people with 5 ships each fully kitted out. There's just no competitive balance and it deters casual and new players from even queue'ing. I can't tell you how many people drop out of matches and stop queue'ing daily on the imp side when these fools are doing what they do.

In deathmatches, its 6-10 gunships spread out just sniping the crap out of everybody. And in Domination, they catch 2 nodes with their super fast scouts and then surround them with gunships and snipe the crap out of everybody the rest of the match. And sure enough imp side, drop drop drop drop drop and then its 5 or 6 of us vs 8 or 12 of them for half the match....

To make matters worse, when they aren't just dropping within 2 minutes, we are getting more people now who just want the cheap CXP and stay but don't care or try. They say something to the extent of "oh no these guys, oh well" and then do nothing. I'd say roughly half the matches I play, including wins, there are between 1-3 people who finish with 0 medals on the imp side.

Edited by DarthNillard

To make matters worse, when they aren't just dropping within 2 minutes, we are getting more people now who just want the cheap CXP and stay but don't care or try. They say something to the extent of "oh no these guys, oh well" and then do nothing. I'd say roughly half the matches I play, including wins, there are between 1-3 people who finish with 0 medals on the imp side.

Don't you think, maybe, this is the actual problem? If you want to complain about something, perhaps direct your anger here. This game we have, GSF, is well-charted territory at this point. There are few mysteries. The path to victory (or at least to having competitive games) is clear, and there are many signposts pointing people in the right direction.

Even beyond running meta ships or ideal components, there are fundamentals of gameplay that are easily learned which will make matches better for everyone. The preponderance of players who neither bother to learn the basics nor practice them is... distressing. Far too many people make little effort to participate meaningfully in the matches they queue into. It is not a matter of hidden knowledge, gear gap, or anything other than a collective shrug of the shoulders.

Do you think those people care if they are being sniped to death or if they are sitting motionless behind a rock for twelve minutes? They get their CXP either way.

My advice is as it has always been: learn the game, encourage others to learn the game. Play to the best of your ability and be an active participant in matches.

- Despon

Not sure the situation here....but...there are a lot of imp aces that fly harbinger and sit for hours.

So..not sure what the problem is other than in your time slot, the pubs are stronger.

Either change your playing time, or get with the program and make them rue the day they sat pub side, beating your behind.

I also have this question. Which server are you flying on?

I know harbinger did not have the issue earlier.

And yes...at times odds are stacked against your team. Specially if you solo queue. Best thing to do is to find fellow gsf'ers who care about matches and team up with them in a group.

If you solo queue, it may be the fact others are in a group and being bypassed....as groups take precedence over solo queue people.

There are scores of players sitting around on this forum, the GSF discord, as well as most servers' /gsf chat who are just itching for a chance to take on some stacked competition. Next time you see these folks be sure to let someone know who can stop by and even the odds a little bit.

Don't you think, maybe, this is the actual problem? If you want to complain about something, perhaps direct your anger here. This game we have, GSF, is well-charted territory at this point. There are few mysteries. The path to victory (or at least to having competitive games) is clear, and there are many signposts pointing people in the right direction.

Even beyond running meta ships or ideal components, there are fundamentals of gameplay that are easily learned which will make matches better for everyone. The preponderance of players who neither bother to learn the basics nor practice them is... distressing. Far too many people make little effort to participate meaningfully in the matches they queue into. It is not a matter of hidden knowledge, gear gap, or anything other than a collective shrug of the shoulders.

Do you think those people care if they are being sniped to death or if they are sitting motionless behind a rock for twelve minutes? They get their CXP either way.

My advice is as it has always been: learn the game, encourage others to learn the game. Play to the best of your ability and be an active participant in matches.

- Despon

Here's why this is nonsense. Unlike regular PVP, where you can learn to play for 59 levels before you have to deal with "real players" who are "geared" at 70, that doesn't happen for GSF. There is also no bolster. So I can queue at Level 1, get my 2 naked nonsense ships, and hop into a match where I get destroyed and say "yeah, never playing this again" which is more to my first point. And that is why that's the bigger point, and what you highlighted is a lesser point. Sure, it makes a bad situation worse, but if those people who just don't contribute didn't also queue, we probably wouldn't get ANY pops which is even worse.

That said, back to my bigger point. I help run a very active guild, I try to encourage people to play GSF and am willing to help them learn and such. But the long queue times plus the competitive imbalance = people don't bother. At best I can get a few folks to pop into a match or two at 70 when the CXP bonus is GSF, but that's about it.

But again, point the fingers back at the people who are identifying problems, not at the actual problems. Cool story bro :rolleyes:

P.S. - Let's also not forget how GSF was touted as a F2P expansion for everyone. Do you think F2P casual players who are just trying out the many facets to the game are going to deep dive into forum and website posts on the ins and outs of GSF when they don't even like the game enough to sub? SMH....

Edited by DarthNillard

I also have this question. Which server are you flying on?

I know harbinger did not have the issue earlier.

And yes...at times odds are stacked against your team. Specially if you solo queue. Best thing to do is to find fellow gsf'ers who care about matches and team up with them in a group.

If you solo queue, it may be the fact others are in a group and being bypassed....as groups take precedence over solo queue people.

Mainly TRE and Shadowlands; I have players on Harb but don't do GSF over there. I used to play some on the pub side and have conversations with some of the offenders who have keyed me into the 3 servers they hop across. If competitive balance is better on Harbinger that's great, but I am on the East Coast so that doesn't help me much unfortunately.

There are scores of players sitting around on this forum, the GSF discord, as well as most servers' /gsf chat who are just itching for a chance to take on some stacked competition. Next time you see these folks be sure to let someone know who can stop by and even the odds a little bit.

Trust me chief, I am in GSF chat on all my main toons. There is minimal chat on Shadowlands Imp, and when it's "active", its really just the same few 4-5 people (myself included) trying to get groups going...usually to no avail :confused:

Here's why this is nonsense. Unlike regular PVP, where you can learn to play for 59 levels before you have to deal with "real players" who are "geared" at 70, that doesn't happen for GSF. There is also no bolster. So I can queue at Level 1, get my 2 naked nonsense ships, and hop into a match where I get destroyed and say "yeah, never playing this again" which is more to my first point. And that is why that's the bigger point, and what you highlighted is a lesser point. Sure, it makes a bad situation worse, but if those people who just don't contribute didn't also queue, we probably wouldn't get ANY pops which is even worse

Here's some nonsense for you, me landing

in a stock Type 1 scout. And annotated instructions with audio commentary on what's happening every step of the way. Mastered ships will not help those who don't understand or don't care to understand how to play. Learning the theory behind the game and practicing the skills necessary to do well is a better use of your time than complaining and failing to listen to people who offer you solutions.

Having a full hangar of mastered ships won't do you any good if you're on a team full of people who can't shoot and who drift around the map like it was a sightseeing tour. Yes, GSF lacks a means to ease people in if there are no similarly skilled players playing when you are queuing. But the means to learn how to better your personal play are there in front of you.

Find your own group. The GSF Discord is a lot better of a place to look for people to group with you than GSF chat on underpopulated servers/factions. Work to learn the game. Encourage others to do the same.

- Despon

"When GSF was pretty cool,

there were certain players,

who would hurt the newbies any way they could.

By pouring Ion cannons,

upon anything we did,

exposing every weakness, Battlescouts come streaking for the kill.

Sad to say but we all hoped that when they logged off at night,

their fat and psychopathic wives,

would thrash them,

within inches of their lives!

We don't need no education.

We don't need no thought control.

No dark sarcasm in the chat room.

Aces leave them newbs alone.

Hey, Aces! Leave them newbs alone!

All in all, it's just another kill for the wall.

All in all, you're just another dick in the wall."

Can you give some indication of who you're talking about? Granted, I haven't been flying on Shadowlands that much lately, but the problem on that server is more that the imps are bad than that the pubs are good (they aren't really, and I've never seen a full premade there other than SRW). And on TRE, at least at the times I play, the imps dominate. There definitely isn't a premade pubside there, or at least, not a good one!

Here's some nonsense for you, me landing
in a stock Type 1 scout. And annotated instructions with audio commentary on what's happening every step of the way. Mastered ships will not help those who don't understand or don't care to understand how to play. Learning the theory behind the game and practicing the skills necessary to do well is a better use of your time than complaining and failing to listen to people who offer you solutions.

Having a full hangar of mastered ships won't do you any good if you're on a team full of people who can't shoot and who drift around the map like it was a sightseeing tour. Yes, GSF lacks a means to ease people in if there are no similarly skilled players playing when you are queuing. But the means to learn how to better your personal play are there in front of you.

Find your own group. The GSF Discord is a lot better of a place to look for people to group with you than GSF chat on underpopulated servers/factions. Work to learn the game. Encourage others to do the same.

- Despon

Oh, so being good at something is better than being bad at something you say? Such amazing wisdom, please sir can we have more? :rolleyes:

Save your screenshots and shenanigans. You're clearly part of the problem and not helping to be part of a solution. Keep trying to dance around the clear facts that I am stating; you are doing nothing to even try and counter any of my points, you are just talking around them. :eek:

Sure, a "great player" with a basic ship will probably beat a sorry player with a fully kitted out ship. Also in case you were wondering, water is wet. That is not an issue that anybody is running into, or anybody is even talking about.

NEW AND BAD PLAYERS QUIT MATCHES AND STOP QUEUING BECAUSE THEY ARE GETTING DESTROYED BY A GROUP OF SERVER HOPPING PUB SIDE JERKS!!!!!! I would love to see a match where my entire team was bad people with 5 ships each fully kitted out, and we just lose because the other team is simply better. It will never happen. EVER! Because of the problems stated above, very few players are willing to put in the time and effort to get 1 kitted out ship, much less several. They try, they die (fast), they quit. The end; back to the rest of the game.

But I digress, you are most likely one of the weirdos I'm referring to in the OP. Enjoy your long queues, and welcome to my ignore list :cool:

Edited by DarthNillard

Can you give some indication of who you're talking about? Granted, I haven't been flying on Shadowlands that much lately, but the problem on that server is more that the imps are bad than that the pubs are good (they aren't really, and I've never seen a full premade there other than SRW). And on TRE, at least at the times I play, the imps dominate. There definitely isn't a premade pubside there, or at least, not a good one!

Talking about other people specifically is a TOS violation, so I'm purposely keeping my comments generic in that regard. I can't speak to your situations, just what I've seen and heard. I mostly do ground PVP on TRE, but the few times I did invest time in GSF there earlier this year, I ran into this same group and it was the same results. From what I've heard in their pub side GSF chat, they are East Coast based. So they play on TRE in the morning to afternoon here (which is prime-time in Europe), then Shadowlands in the evening (when it's prime-time here), then Harbinger late night (when it's prime-time on the West Coast).

You're clearly part of the problem and not helping to be part of a solution. Keep trying to dance around the clear facts that I am stating; you are doing nothing to even try and counter any of my points, you are just talking around them. :eek:

But I digress, you are most likely one of the weirdos I'm referring to in the OP. Enjoy your long queues, and welcome to my ignore list :cool:

So, first, what a great unfounded accusation by this person who now has me on ignore.

I've been playing Harb almost exclusively for months aside from a couple of particular occasions, it is very infrequent that I am in a full group, quite frequent that I am solo, and I've split time between pub and imp. There are many people who can corroborate this.

And YES, the solution to 'better players who are grouped are beating me' is 'get better' plus 'get a group when they are around.' Newer players should do this commonly. Grouping will get them in games (groups get queue precedence) and if they take the direction of their play at all seriously, it will give them a chance to run complimentary ships and focus their efforts in the way that groups benefit from coordinated play.

I can't begin to guess what this guy's random, vague rageslinging is supposed to accomplish that would 'solve' his problem. If he wanted to name names, he could go on Discord and fire away... which would also accomplish nothing (other than to give other groups some incentive to go seek out this murderous premade because the general state of competition is extremely lacking).

Developer intervention could 'solve' this problem in any number of ways, but that's pretty unlikely... so for people who have not ignored me, your solution to being beaten by quality premades is to improve your quality and find people to group with who you know will provide your team with more skill top-to-bottom. 'Server hopping' players are, by definition, not always on your server. You'll have plenty of time to work on what you need to work on.

- Despon

Seriously, this band of cub-scouts need to knock it off. This isn't a qq thread; I am going to queue up myself regardless, and I'd say I win against them 35-40% of the time. But casual players and folks who would be interested in queue'ing up simply don't because of these OP knuckleheads and their 8-12 gunships. And that causes the queues to take forever, and then even the people who would be queuing leave to go do other things (regular PVP, Ops, etc) :mad:

I don't even understand how you find what you do to be fun or worth wild. You are the GSF equivalent of a group of people that just run 4 man Solo-mode Esseless social runs all day in full 248 gear with Jesus Droids to boot. Except what you do is even worse, because your shenanigans result in long queue times for all INCLUDING YOURSELVES, so you spend half your day sitting on fleet waiting for pops.

The coming changes to GSF are unfortunately too little, too late. Feel free to come in here and provide troll responses; it doesn't change the fact that you are ruining what is already the least played group content in the game. Congrats :cool:

I know exactly who you are talking about. A little backstory on their origin server which I believe is SL..........

Back when GSF was new people had a blast with un geared ships. In this natural setting the Imps dominated due to shear numbers. That didn't sit well and the following week a number of pubs mastered their ships and queued two groups simultaneously. So the normal matches on Shadowlands were random imps versus 8m pubs. How did we know they were grouped you say? 3 letter prefix at the end of their name designating a clan or squad. Unlike TEH or Harbinger these premades only played pub side. Since they were always grouped even if you played pub side you still played against them with your pug pub team. If you got on their team your medal count was very low as they got practically all of the kills. Thats how GSF dried up on that server with pubs vs pubs. Oh yeah, the most annoying thing they would do is identify the non noob on the opposite team and have at least 2 of them focusing down that person the whole match.

Fast forward to present - 5.0 GSF Revival

A few weeks back everyone was insistent on getting people onto Discord for GSF. Around that same time these 3 letter acronym players started to show up on Harbinger. They still exclusively play on pub faction side but they have their work cut out for them because there are some fantastic Imp pug players along with these super late night 3AM EST Russian named players.

@OP: I have a proposal. I understand why you don't want to name names, I get it. sensible. but the next time you find yourself facing the juggernaut you have described - consider asking for help. join the GSF discord (if you haven't already) and post in the relevant server channel. look me up there (my discord name is zuckernaut), or PM me here directly. I will attempt to aid the downtrodden faction, and (depending on time of day) I'll bring pilots with me. even if we can't manage a full 8, we should be able to create sufficient competition to keep the queue alive.

the reason I'm making this suggestion is because I have a habit of actively seeking out quality opposition. so, my offer isn't purely altruistic. if there's a good 8-man premade out there I haven't heard of - I want a piece of that. and i know a bunch of other folks who feel exactly the same way. no reason for you (and whoever you're flying with) to go it alone.

3 letter prefix at the end of their name designating a clan or squad

I don't think OP is referring to SRW. doesn't fit. SRW does not migrate as an 8-man team from TRE to SL. they just don't. over the past few months, i've only ever seen an 8-man SRW premade pubside on SL and JC. and even then, they were only grouping to face my team (Self-Inflicted) once a week for a couple of hours. we coordinate queues, and pugs are rarely caught in the crossfire.

There are certainly a bunch of srw-tagged players on many (if not all servers), and I know a couple of them will regularly group. But by "a couple" I mean literally, like, two. They aren't traveling around in an 8-man cavalcade, destroying queues wherever they go. Whoever OP is referring to, it can't be SRW.

- Despon

Most of your post is correct. Where you step out of bounds is in your ignorance and inexperience with the ground game. I am not sure how many more times I am going to correct this false assertion before "some" people correctly process the information.

People persueing Galatic Command Experience CXP do try and it is illogical for them to not do so being that CXP is bolstered by medals earned. They also get over twice the amount of unasselmbled components for wins as they do losses. In addition the demographic is only people on their level 70 characters that are premium(subscribers).

The problem lies with Guild Conquest which on most weeks is gated merely through games played. It is more probable and more logical that those persueing this objective are the ones entering game and then doing little to nothing.

If you can not differientiate between the two perhaps it is best to leave the conclusions to those that can.

Insert cliche(at this point) reference about Snape gathering information ....

Edited by Lendul