CE idea

belizar

at the start they said they would keep the CE vendor updated with cool new items and looking gear so after 7 months we got a reskin of a pet every one got this isnt good enough more so now saying the amount of items they "just" made for cash shop items and now swtor is F2P the chances of this vendor geting updated instead of items going to cash shop are 0

i think CE owners should be offered a life time sub or a heavly discounted sub, why ? because i and like many ppl bought the CE just for the vendor having a unique looking gear in a mmo is somthing speical, with the cash shop many items that were prob planned for the vendor will now be bought with real cash so dont we deserve somthing to compensate our main ingame feature we paid for ?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get why some people keep feel like they're entitled to more, MORE, MOAR!!

You got the ingame rewards, you got the statue, you got the other items with the CE. Yet some keep on still wanting more? You got what you paid for. Let it be at that. And the notion of suddenly deserving a life-time sub is ridiculous.

I don't get why some people keep feel like they're entitled to more, MORE, MOAR!!

You got the ingame rewards, you got the statue, you got the other items with the CE. Yet some keep on still wanting more? You got what you paid for. Let it be at that. And the notion of suddenly deserving a life-time sub is ridiculous.

im asking what i paid for and what they promised, in updating the vendor with new items often, is that asking for more than the CE owners is entitled to ? do u think they are going to ever update that vendor now with a cash shop comming out ??

im asking what i paid for and what they promised, in updating the vendor with new items often, is that asking for more than the CE owners is entitled to ? do u think they are going to ever update that vendor now with a cash shop comming out ??

and you think just the CE purchasers are in that boat?

Edited by Tic-

You paid for the statue. And I believe you got a sound track too, didn't you?

DDE and Standard players didn't get anything physical with theirs. You got what you paid for.

No one really believed they were going to stock those vendors, did they? Both the DDE and the CE ones.

You are entitled to what you paid for.

You are NOT entitled to a lifetime free subscription (value = $15 per month for however long you live or until the servers shut down, whichever comes first) over every other subscriber who, just like you, paid their monthly fee since the game went live.

Out of all the items you got with the CE, figure out what the VALUE (not cost!) of each is over the standard or DDE version of the game, subtract the VALUE of all the things you already have from the cost of your CE version, subtract the cost of the DDE version which was included, and then figure out then what a dollar value for CE shop updates would be.

$5? $10? If that's the case, you might be able to press for ONE free month of paid subscription but honestly.. LIFETIME?

I want some of what you're drinking!

DDE and Standard players didn't get anything physical with theirs. You got what you paid for.

No one really believed they were going to stock those vendors, did they? Both the DDE and the CE ones.

Im pretty sure everyone expected that.

I really believed they would because they said they would, http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20111021

From that page, "Collector’s Edition Store. At launch the Collector’s Edition Store will be available to those who have the Collector’s Edition of The Old Republic, and will feature items found nowhere else in the game! The Collector’s Edition will be stocked with exclusive social items for yourself, and unique appearances for your companion. The store will also have regular updates to give players incentive to keep coming back."

While I am quite happy with the Darth Malgus statue, the soundtrack, the art book/journal, they were not the main reason I decided to opt for the collector's edition of SWTOR. They were certainly added value and I enjoy them but the promise of unique in-game items is why I made that purchase so simply put, no, I did not get what I paid for.

If, as I suspect, the CE store items are transferred into the cartel coins store than I would like to see CE owners get some sort of additional benefit to replace that one. I don't think a life time subscription is on the same order as the Republic Officer's uniform, but something unique would be nice.

I really believed they would because they said they would, http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20111021

From that page, "Collector’s Edition Store. At launch the Collector’s Edition Store will be available to those who have the Collector’s Edition of The Old Republic, and will feature items found nowhere else in the game! The Collector’s Edition will be stocked with exclusive social items for yourself, and unique appearances for your companion. The store will also have regular updates to give players incentive to keep coming back."

While I am quite happy with the Darth Malgus statue, the soundtrack, the art book/journal, they were not the main reason I decided to opt for the collector's edition of SWTOR. They were certainly added value and I enjoy them but the promise of unique in-game items is why I made that purchase so simply put, no, I did not get what I paid for.

thx for finding the link about the CE vendor

On the positive side you can sell the physical items and get a partial refund where de and standard can't. Besides, ce are getting more cartel coins.

and the value of said coins are what 10£ at the most

we still get a usless vendor that wont get updated like they promised

BW dev 1 hey guys i made this cool looking armor, CE vendor or cash shop

BW dev 2 did u really just ask that if in doubt cash shop

and the value of said coins are what 10£ at the most

we still get a usless vendor that wont get updated like they promised

BW dev 1 hey guys i made this cool looking armor, CE vendor or cash shop

BW dev 2 did u really just ask that if in doubt cash shop

I would be content if BW simply gave use a unique color crystal or maybe two-three unique color crystals in exchange for making the armor sets in ce available to every one.

Just seems strange that the imperial/republic trooper armor sets would only be available to ce when both sets should have been available to every.

Edited by Knockerz

Yes, Bioware stated that they would update them regularly.

which is why they should offer us CE owners more, as they will nvr update it now when they can put said items into the cash shop :rolleyes: so ineffect they have removed an item from the CE the ingame vendor which was meant to get updated with cool unique items like say for example that mask they announced for the cash shop

You are asking for way more than what you paid for by expecting a lifetime subscription, a loss of hundreds of dollars/euros/pounds per CE owner, because you didn't get the CE vendor updated. That is not a comparable situation.

I agree that the vendor should be updated. I can't imagine that it's that difficult to just throw some random trash in there. Just add something, but that doesn't warrant a lifetime subscription. That's just silly.

• 1 month later...

Silly goose, stop with the statue thing I have the money so I bought it for everything not just the statue! And everyone gets the soundtrack, also they promised to update it so technically I don't feel entitled to getting CE updates, I'am entitled to getting CE updates which won't happen anymore since Bioware lied to us all.

Well I don't know about that statue. I mean paying $150 back then and now being able to buy it as low as $15 to $30 dollars is kinda a kick to the teeth. I will never pre-order a game or buy a CE again in my life. I will also never buy another EA game again unless it's a used game for obvious reasons. I bet the amount of cartel coins we will receive are a worthless amount. EA is always screw over the paying customer.

You are asking for way more than what you paid for by expecting a lifetime subscription, a loss of hundreds of dollars/euros/pounds per CE owner, because you didn't get the CE vendor updated. That is not a comparable situation.

I agree that the vendor should be updated. I can't imagine that it's that difficult to just throw some random trash in there. Just add something, but that doesn't warrant a lifetime subscription. That's just silly.

As a CE owner, I have t agree that cheaper or free subscription is way out of line.

Easiest way Bioware could fix the issue is to allow a select number of items from the cash shop to be available to CE and VIP members for in-game credits. If anything, it will be a token of good faith towards those people that bought the CE and Digital Deluxe versions, and will be free in-game advertising for F2P members and others to pick up the same items from the cash shop.

What they should do in order to sorta keep their promise regarding the CE vendor is to put a range of the cash shop items (non-hood robes, please!) into the CE store to be available to purchase for in-game credits. Not real life cash. This would probably satisfy the CE owners (hey, they seriously overpaid for CE so giving them few robes/hilts/mounts and missing on really few and minor cartel coin purchases won't hurt). If it was to ne carried out, however, the items sold by the vendor wouldn't be so exclusive :/

What hurts most is that the "exclusive" CE was sold at 150 quid and quickly sold out but 5 months later they started manufacturing bunches of those and most retailer sold them at 50 quid -_-

Pull the CE vendor from the game completely. End all the arguing, and remove the special snowflake line that randomly pops up and has the community at each other. As for the gear, slap it on the security key vendor, everyone should have one of those anyway.

Give CE owners some extra cartel coins at FTP launch....oh wait they already are. I am going to spend mine on candy.

Edited by BlueRahja

I would be content if BW simply gave use a unique color crystal or maybe two-three unique color crystals in exchange for making the armor sets in ce available to every one.

Just seems strange that the imperial/republic trooper armor sets would only be available to ce when both sets should have been available to every.

Actually the Republic Officer set is nearly identical to the Civilian Pilot set available for Fleet Commendations at the Staship Upgrades vendor.

No, they shouldn't make the CE versions available to all, but yes, they should update the store like they said they would.

And no, Lifetime Memberships should not only be offered to CE players and neither should there be a discount on said subscriptions. If they offer Lifetime subs it should be the same offer for all. And I think that's actually a pretty good idea to raise money for development of the game. Offer a Lifetime sub for a limited amount of time and use the money to fund projects, including one that will add new items to the CE vendor, the VIP vendor and the Security vendor. Then we all get what we were promised and BioWare can make a profit at the same time.

:cool:

Pull the CE vendor from the game completely. End all the arguing, and remove the special snowflake line that randomly pops up and has the community at each other. As for the gear, slap it on the security key vendor, everyone should have one of those anyway.

Give CE owners some extra cartel coins at FTP launch....oh wait they already are. I am going to spend mine on candy.

Um, no. No. And no. Not everyone wants to use the Security keys, especially since they seem to cause quite a few problems for a number of people.

:cool: