I have a question about Star Wars canon.

JGHopkins

I know the canon of things is a bit of an odd area right now...but I have a question about the Clone Wars animated series.

I know that the only things currently considered canon are the movies, and the 2 animated series, The Clone Wars and Rebels.

My question is does this include any book or comics related to the Clone Wars Series or just the series itself.

I would like to read/see whatever is considered official canon right now...I just re-watched all the movies and I'm nearly done with the series...anything else I should look into?

I know the canon of things is a bit of an odd area right now...but I have a question about the Clone Wars animated series.

I know that the only things currently considered canon are the movies, and the 2 animated series, The Clone Wars and Rebels.

My question is does this include any book or comics related to the Clone Wars Series or just the series itself.

I would like to read/see whatever is considered official canon right now...I just re-watched all the movies and I'm nearly done with the series...anything else I should look into?

From what we've heard (and it's been kind of piece-meal) only the TV series itself, including the Lost Missions (aka Season 6) that are available on Netflix. It's always possible that they'll come out and say that the Tales from the Clone Wars comics or some of the other related projects will also count as canon, but they haven't done so yet.

With one addition: a LucasBooks executive said that the upcoming Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir comics, which tell a story that was originally going to be in Season Six if it had been a full season, will also count as Canon. (First issue comes out next week.)

Edited by DarthDymond

TCW, Rebels and the movies.

Plus the books and comics to be released after the announcement are also canon. That would include

Tarkin

Lords Of the Sith

Heir To The Jedi

A New Dawn

Darth Maul: Son OF Dathomir

As well as any books or comics released going forwards.

TCW, Rebels and the movies.

Plus the books and comics to be released after the announcement are also canon. That would include

Tarkin

Lords Of the Sith

Heir To The Jedi

A New Dawn

Darth Maul: Son OF Dathomir

As well as any books or comics released going forwards.

Just to clarify something about the comics there, Dark Horse is still putting out new comics for some of its existing series through the end of the year until the license shifts to Marvel -- Legacy (Volume 2) is putting out issues until at least August, for example -- but other than Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir those are all* going to be "Legends" even though they're being released after the announcement.

Once Marvel starts producing its comics next year, however, those should all be Canon.

*Unless there's been an announcement I missed that Rebel Heist is part of the new Canon.

Edited by DarthDymond

Just to clarify something about the comics there, Dark Horse is still putting out new comics for some of its existing series through the end of the year until the license shifts to Marvel -- Legacy (Volume 2) is putting out issues until at least August, for example -- but other than Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir those are all* going to be "Legends" even though they're being released after the announcement.

Once Marvel starts producing its comics next year, however, those should all be Canon.

*Unless there's been an announcement I missed that Rebel Heist is part of the new Canon.

THIS. any continuing EU will be under the 'Legends' banner,not classed in the continutiy of canon SW.

I am glad in a way that we will now have a solid continuity from here on out,means from now on storys will be more consulted with and made for the best direction imo.

Besides,I consider TOR canon as its set so far back I dont think the new line will touch on it. famous last words.