Relaxed Vestments Chestwraps: Graphical Glitch (Picture)

Luisen

Also having this bug on my pureblood sith characters ONLY, regardless of corruption being turned off or on. My other characters of other races are not having this issue.

http://i.imgur.com/tZjYEQs.png

http://i.imgur.com/2396kGR.png

Pictures of the big glowing square. Its been this way for about a week now, but wasn't like that way originally. I first equipped it the week this set was released and it was fine until this last week.

Edited by AmyBA
added picture

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is rather unfortunate. I tried to find more information on it but this post was all that came up.

I didn't have the problem on this armor for along time. its been fine up until this last week or so. I logged in a few days ago and it was suddenly all glitched.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Sadly, a known issue since they were released. No fix yet. (Darth Scions gear does this as well.)

Sadly it will never receive a fix if such a simple bug has not already gotten fixed... its a simple texture editing. 15 minutes work tops to rig the graphical resource to the texture map correctly.

Edited by sethdil
revision

Sadly it will never receive a fix if such a simple bug has not already gotten fixed... its a simple texture editing. 15 minutes work tops to rig the graphical resource to the texture map correctly.

I actually recently changed my characters outfit because I got sick of this and the even more horrendous clipping issues with the top going INTO her butt when she runs..

I actually recently changed my characters outfit because I got sick of this and the even more horrendous clipping issues with the top going INTO her butt when she runs..

Heck all they have to do is release the decompiler for the .tor files and I or 1000s of other mesh artists would fix it for them for free

Ah, I did notice this problem sometimes, it doesn't happen all the time. But I use my imagination and it disappears.

Unfortunately most of us are using our eyes instead... My male cathar looks as though he has been bleached, I've been wearing the Relaxed Vestments chestpiece for a long time, the issue only emerged for me after the latest patch. Unsure if this related or if they broke the cathar fur colours again (the same bug that was fixed in 2.2.2) Lets hope for a fix before Xmas :)

• 2 weeks later...

It took Bioware 3 months(since this thread was created at least) to even let us know they actually intend to do anything bout it. Over 4 months now and no fix, not long now until its been half a year. Yes, call me a complainer but this is to me who has paid real money for a defect product just unacceptable.

I can handle a company making mistakes but taking this long to just give the customers a response that they have acknowledged it is also unacceptable. This isn't the first time either and it is starting to feel like Bioware is taking their customers pretty lightly. It's sad since they've made such a great game.

It just feels like Bioware is just throwing the cartel market stuff in there without even testing it fully. As a paying customer and subscriber i demand that you take people's real money seriously. You've made a great game here and the Starfighter expansion was alright so just keep developing with care please. :)

/A paying customer

It took Bioware 3 months(since this thread was created at least) to even let us know they actually intend to do anything bout it. Over 4 months now and no fix, not long now until its been half a year. Yes, call me a complainer but this is to me who has paid real money for a defect product just unacceptable.

I can handle a company making mistakes but taking this long to just give the customers a response that they have acknowledged it is also unacceptable. This isn't the first time either and it is starting to feel like Bioware is taking their customers pretty lightly. It's sad since they've made such a great game.

It just feels like Bioware is just throwing the cartel market stuff in there without even testing it fully. As a paying customer and subscriber i demand that you take people's real money seriously. You've made a great game here and the Starfighter expansion was alright so just keep developing with care please. :)

/A paying customer

Agreed. I've been called an apologize and a fanboy for defending Bioware on many issues, but this issue I am completely on the side of those who say GET IT TOGETHER BIOWARE!!!!!! But again, while they have acknowledged the bad shadowing, they have NOT acknowledged the even more noticable and horrendous clipping issues the top has with female bodies when they walk even worse when they run with lightsabers out.

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

• 3 weeks later...

Mark my words, there will be no fix.

This is an older item in terms of the cartel market, not much profit for bioware/EA to go back and fix broken stuff when they can continue to pump out new cartel stuff and get peeps to continue buying stuff.

Let me ask you given the choice between fixing an old item or making a new item that item hungry people will spend money for what would you do. The only way to get these items fixed is if players band together and refuse to purchase any further items from the cartel market until the broken items are fixed and that sirs and madams will never happen.

Hey everyone!

I know that this issue has been a really big one for a lot of people, so I'm really happy to be able to let you all know that it has a fix coming next week in 2.5.2. The fix won't just affect the Relaxed Vestment Chestwrap, however, and will resolve fur/skin color on many pieces of gear that have revealed skin.

- Tait

Hey everyone!

I know that this issue has been a really big one for a lot of people, so I'm really happy to be able to let you all know that it has a fix coming next week in 2.5.2. The fix won't just affect the Relaxed Vestment Chestwrap, however, and will resolve fur/skin color on many pieces of gear that have revealed skin.

- Tait

Thanks!!! Though, I assume the horrific clipping will remain an issue?

Hey everyone!

- Tait

What about this?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=693274

When will this issue be addressed? I don't care if you tell me it won't be addressed, but at least there won't be a lingering nothingness.

Hey everyone!

- Tait

They didn't fix the reversed leg graphics on female legs they put in on December 17........

How hard can it be to inverse the inversion, it should take them about 30 seconds to fix the bug yet it has made real money gear idiotic for weeks.

Sub is gone now....

Its the same on all Female characters, and on pre-viewing some new items noticed it on Males too. Been that way since the last December patch.

The alignment of the leg texture is wrong, the kind of thing that you would expect a hotfix to correct a day or two after it appeared in the game...................or not

Big thumbs down to BW for not fixing it with the patch :(

Edited by cpt_fishcakes