Multi Character Lore

RioNHale

So, not sure if this should be in a suggestion box section but here goes.

Is it just me that is kinda tired of having to collect click lore objects and collect all datacrons on multiple characters?

with the 1.2 patch, ive started to play through like 3 more toons for several reasons, the main one being to try them out with the new endgame stuff, the 2nd being for the multiple buffs on a single character thing.

One major thing bugs me, on my sorce before 1.2 I had 66/67 datacrons (couldnt get the presence one on corellia because I was body type 3)... now considering we can make 8 toons per server, and each toon has to seperately collect all lore within their own seperate profiles.

Now with the extreme encouragement bioware is pushing about making multiple characters, and all your characters are linked with a family tree bla bla bla, im just thinking it would be a lot simpler if all characters shared the same Lore database, cos frankly I dont find it fun trekking every planet over and over for the same lore objects.

There could be a shared lore databse on your server, 1 for all rep toons 1, for all imp toons.

So its like your legacy Lore databse, whatever lore u collected on 1 character is shown on other ones, and yes, I also mean the effort we put into collecting all the datacrons not have to be repeated, fed up of that f**king tatooine balloon tbh.

Any thoughts?

You don't need to get all the lore objects or datacrons ya know, they ain't mandatory.

The idea is more, not getting the same one over and over.

Not, not having to get them altogether.

After all, bioware is the one encouraging multi-character-linking.

Edited by RioNHale

The thing is, as a poster previously said, it's not required. You get xp for getting these things - so they would have to take the xp component out before copying everything over to your new characters. And for me, at least, I like the little xp bumps it gives you. A couple of times it's been enough to level me before I'm too far away from the trainer.

The thing is, as a poster previously said, it's not required. You get xp for getting these things - so they would have to take the xp component out before copying everything over to your new characters. And for me, at least, I like the little xp bumps it gives you. A couple of times it's been enough to level me before I'm too far away from the trainer.

i like the idea of linking the datacrons together. but as said above.. take out the extra exp and only the character that actually discovers the object gets exp, but then the lore codex is shared for all characters linked by a legacy?

Only prob i see with people complaining is the bonuses given by datacrons to stats. Maybe think of a way that those stats r not transferred across the characters only the lore codex is.. so if you want the stat bonus on every toon then u have to go find them. Or make the bonuses unlock at the level of each planet that the datacron is, so u get it as you level up? but im thinking the 1st option sounds more balanced.

Im not looking forward to collecting all the datacrons when i have 8/8 characters already (one of each class) i wanna get all codex entries also and not looking forward to it on every toon..

just my random thought and 2 cents?

Edited by Ulfric_Dragnix

Legacies typically work where someone passes on their knowledge.

So why is it that finding a datacron cannot unlock at least some of them on a legacy character?

For example: I could unlock up to x planets [the first 2 or 3], but then have to find the rest, or something of that nature...

Legacies typically work where someone passes on their knowledge.

So why is it that finding a datacron cannot unlock at least some of them on a legacy character?

For example: I could unlock up to x planets [the first 2 or 3], but then have to find the rest, or something of that nature...

exactly this, legacy passes the stuff u did from 1 character to another... I mean like, lets say u literally got the datacrons, and they get passed down to your next toons including their stat increases.

and ps, its not that much exp from lore tbh... its like 1k every so often.