The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Not group finder, but worth to share imo:

Yesterday i built a group for the ossus WBs. I´ve done them on 12 toons on every role every week since release, so I would consider myself to have pretty good knowledge about the mechanics. As we took quiet some time to find a second tank, i asked the tank already in the group if he knows the fights and would be able to tank them solo. I´ve done that many times myself, and allthough there is a small window at the droid where he kicks you, turns into the group and immediatly casts incinerate, both fights are easy to handle with one tank.

Anyway, he agrees, but says he would need a DPS with taunt. I think: great idea, why not dedicate one DPS to always taunt when the tank gets kicked untill he is able to taunt again, to be on the save side if mentioned scenario occurs. Then he proceeds to explain he needs the taunt DPS to position each other on the opposite side of the room to play some kinda taunt ping pong, because "a running droid deals no damage".

This should have ring the alarm bells in my head already....

Taunt ping pong does not prevent the droid from casting incinnerate at all and worse: he can always refill and unload his fuel into the whole group while walking around.

But i decided to give it a try and explained to him, how I think the boss should be tanked (positioned at the wall, moving out of container-voids to prevent him from stacking the shield buff and getting taunt immune, etc., the usual stuff). He agreed again.

Luckily we didnt even get the chance to try his great tactics at the droid, since someone ported us to the swarmlord first.

I was fine with that, gave a lil heads up to the group that we have just one tank and that we should stick together at the boss to control adds. So Ready Check, Pull. We started what I thought was a walk in the park compared to the droid, since you just gotta tank n spank with adds dieing in AOE.

Little did I know that my tank had a special tactic for this boss as well......

He ran around the area like a chicken knowing it would be lead to the slaugther if caught, with the boss always behind him. This obviously made it pretty impossible for the rest of the group to keep up and stack on the boss, leading to players with adds standing around all over the place, while the acid got randomly placed in the area.

I kept watching the whole chaos for 2mins, waiting for the tank to "find" the right place to tank the boss, when i realized he wasnt looking for one. So I told him to keep the Lord stationary to control the fight. He answers: "Do you even know the fight? The boss pukes!".

My response was kinda like, no problem, wait for the acid and move 5m to the left or right.

He didnt like that idea and kept running like Forrest Gump, just stopping to argue about the fight and tell me how stupid i am to expect him to stop.

Meanwhile 60% of the group died to adds and randomly placed acid, including all of our heals.

So one after another the rest of the group died with the boss at 30% and healing again.

I stucked, told the tank that he just single handedly wiped the whole group on one of the easiest bosses in the game and kicked him. I invited a friend of mine to solo tank both bosses and we killed them first try with few casualties at the droid, while the other tank kept insulting me in general chat and embarassed himself with his "veteran tactics" in front of the whole ossus population at prime time :cool:

I cant imagine what the droid fight would have been looked like if he would have tanked it and I´m glad i wont ever get this experience.

Edited by mrphstar

One more from the vaults:

Thomas the Derp Engine's Wild Ride through Kaon

Get a pop for Kaon under Siege on my sniper. I finish the fight I was in, find a secluded corner and zone into the FP, maybe 2 minutes later than everyone else. I zone in to a wall of text by our PT tank about how people shouldn't queue for MMs if they're not geared properly. I check what all the fuss is about, expecting Nar-Shadaa level relics and such, only to find that we're all more or less ok. 242 Tank, 220 H, 1 sin DPS at 198 and me at 236 fully augmented. I point out that the flashpoint is a cakewalk nowadays and that we should be absolutely fine.

"T: Well it's going to take forever with this group."*womp-womp*

We get to it and I notice 2 things:

a) Our sin DPS is just spamming lacerate with the occasional voltaic slashes thrown in for some reason(force being drained by all the lacerates, would be my guess). Whether we're on a pack of mobs or a single on, he is just doing his aoe thing.

b) Our tank is not really holding aggro beyond the taunts, during which he seems to be melting like a GD wax candle.

We get to the gate cutscene and the sin is just stuck somewhere behind us admiring a wall, presumably licking the paint off it. Someone initiates a votekick, guy disconnects before it can go through. Cool. Time for Kalyio to shine. I take her out. Our fearless leader queues us back up and proceeds to wait.

"M: So...are we just gonna wait here?

T:We need a second DPS, we wait

M: We don't need a second dps until maybe the bonus boss, we can clear everything else easily.

T: I know but it will take forever to do it.

M: Longer than just sitting here?"

*silence*

He finally relents and clicks the door. The rest of the fights go relatively smoothly with me and the PT sharing tanking duties. We get to the cross in the road before the bonus boss. The tank, presumably wanting to prove to me that we can't do it, makes a hard right. I show the healer where to stand so the grapple doesn't actually pull him and we start. Adds spawn and the tank does the normal, rational thing one would do in this situation. Keeps hitting the boss like it owed it money(role-playing as a debt-collector-maybe). The droids do their thing(killing us), me and the healer do our thing(die to the droids).

T: See? We can't do it.

M(at this point both my eyes were twitching with rage): We absolutely F*&^*((&*£ can, you just need to make sure you mass taunt the *(*&^^()(*^%% probes so the poor healer only has to worry about keeping your (&*^^%*& %$$ alive. Jesus *&^*^(*)^ Christ, what is wrong with you?

T:...OK

Take two: Our fearless Tank Engine manages to squeeze in the mass taunts and the probes, to everyone's surprise, are now relatively easy to deal with. As the boss drops to around 40% My companion makes like the Amazonian Rain Forests and disappears. Someone actually queued and is right next to the boss. Awesome! It's a second healer! Not quite as awesome. We die. I asked if either of the healers can respec to dps so we can get this over with. The 220 guys says he can. Tank says nothing for a good couple of minutes...which we found out was because he was writing the most over-the-top-I-want-to-speak-to-someone-in-charge one start yelp review of our group. Called everyone just about everything. I initiate a vote-kick, it goes through. I whip out my oddly phalic Kaliyo again, we skip the bonus boss, kill the last boss and part ways.

I zone in to a wall of text by our PT tank about how people shouldn't queue for MMs if they're not geared properly

As a general rule I've found that the people ranting about gear levels are players who don't know their class. Gear helps, but what it mostly helps the 'gear level is everything' type player do is power through stuff while ignoring mechanics and half-assing their rotations.

After a long time away I had a incident where I thought I was the weird one.

I haven't played in over a year so upon logging in I boot up my favourite character (jug tank) and spend ages fiddling around with my UI layout (it had gone back to default and the saved one I had has gone).

I then decide to start off easy as I am likely to be rusty so I queue up for the easiest style flashpoints (the ones that don't even need trinity). Its hammer station with 3 dps guys one of them is a sorc, I don't know the other 2 (explain why in a second).

By the time I load in the first pull is dead and by the time I get over to the group they are in the middle of pulling the next, the sorc is on the verge of death by the end of the pull. He heals up and I leap into the big pull on the corner, start trying to tank at which point I realise I have ****ed up.

When re-doing my settings after my time off I forgot to switch on the cooldown text. This is a big issue for me because I use it to help with my ability usage. As my tank has no alacrity my global CD is 1 second, and the cooldown text is in seconds so I tend to just glance and my quickbars and use the number to mean "do this many abilities before this one" for example if my crushing blow has a 3 over it I know I need to use 3 abilities before I next try a crushing blow.

Of course without that switched on I am a fish out of water and start frantically pressing every button just to get my character to do something. I then notice my health, down to 20%.....but because I haven't played in a long time I had completely forgotten my quickbar layout and was frantically searching through to find out what I had bound my DCD's to. I finally find them and pop a couple just as the last enemy goes down.

We carry on and I have a habit of setting a quick pace, one which the sorc is very happy with. We kill first boss, someone sensible in the group does cleansing for me (or they removed it from that fight I don't know because I ****ed up the scaling on my debuff bar and couldn't see if the laser beam was stacking that debuff on me) but we got through the fight and I barely lost any health so all happy there.

Then me and the sorc set a fast pace and are 2-manning all the way up to the second boss. Its during this I realise another mess-up. The sorc likes to pull ahead of me and I jump in and try to control aggro. This is where the target of target thing comes in handy - I usually put it right above my quickbars so when I glance down to check my CD's I can also spam tab a couple of times and make sure its my name on the t-of-t screen.

Of course because it wasn't switched on I instead have to result to another method - run around and see if all the enemies turn to look at me. So there I am in the middle of fast-paced PVE running around like a PVPer.

We get to the second boss and wait for the other 2 to catch up, then a smooth run to the end. The sorc even thanks for the fast run while I apologise for the poor tanking

The sorc sends me whispers after asking what I mean poor tanking - he reckoned I did ok - and I mentioned my ****-up with the CD display on my quickbar and my t-of-t window but he points out I held aggro well and he rarely ever saw anybody else being shot at so I cant have been too bad.

Much to my surprise he then invites me to group and asks to run some more fp's while commenting he reckoned my tanking was the best hes seen in a while. By now I have turned on CD text, t-of-t and increased the scale of my debuff bar so I can keep an eye on the important stuff.

hopefully he is wrong, I hate to think the standard of tanking has dropped so far that a rusty player with an incorrectly set UI can keep up with tanks of today.

Still at some point I will do some runs with my dps and healers and judge for myself - should be fun.

Edited by BobFredJohn

hopefully he is wrong, I hate to think the standard of tanking has dropped so far that a rusty player with an incorrectly set UI can keep up with tanks of today.

Sadly he's not. Group finder is taking much longer these days than I've ever seen it. I mostly join as healer and always wait for a tank. Since bioware nerfed the tank awhile back, the good tanks have stopped or only tank for their guilds. Unfortunately, it has left GF with new tanks that don't know the class or the flashpoint. When I see a good tank, it's pretty surprising. I treat tanks like royalty these days, even the ones that suck. :(

All mmos have a tank problem, but the developers of this game have made it far worse, sadly.

Edited by Zerileth

So I had a pretty weird experience yesterday, I'm just returning to Flashpoints and endgame grinding recently so I decided to queue for Master Mode FPs. Ended up getting a pop for Mandalorian Raiders with all level 70s except one of the DPS and the group was geared well enough for it, thought to myself "Ha, this will be easy. Thank God it's not Blood Hunt." boy how wrong I was.

We enter and mostly kill trash without too many issues, but once we got to the first boss... I try to follow the usual tactics but the DPS have trouble keeping aggro on the dogs, the healer keeps moving around trying to stay away from one of the dogs. And the group itself doesn't seem to stay in one place which then makes me have to also do my best to keep the boss away from the group so the AOE won't hit them or boost the dogs' damage. That doesn't work out, I noticed the DPS weren't also focusing target so their DPS were spread out on the dogs, turns out one of the DPS didn't knew the fight mechanics I proceed to explain them after we wiped, then marked the dogs. The next try ends pretty quickly, one of the DPS dies. Then she quits, the healer quits and the other DPS quits.

Had a great one on my mando healer. Queue popped almost instantly, and as no one else accepted, I did a quick /who on one of the names. Okay, there's a lvl 70, a lvl 34 and a lvl 20 (all melee), but it's Cademimu, easy.

Zoned in at the start and began to make my way to the rest of the group, they're almost at the first boss. First thing I notice is there is no trash. None. Nothing. All those mobs at the bottom of the elevator? Dead. Okay, fine. Can happen.

First boss. Lvl 70 starts on Officer Xander, lvl 34 waits for the droid to activate, just jumping up and down like some kind of demented grasshopper. Lvl20 has no idea what to do and starts on the driod as soon as it activates. Long story short, Lvl 20 somehow gets themselves stuck in the box and the lvl 34 gets frozen, lvl 70 kills the boss.

We get to the Wookiee, with our lvl 34 falling off of platforms twice and complaining when they have to run back from the spawn point, then faceplanting at the bottom of the elevator before the boss.

On to the Wookiee. Lvl 70 mentions that it should be easy to keep the adds on the boss as they are all melee and the boss's flamethrower will kill them off quck enough.

WRONG!

They spawn and the lvl20 manages to aggro them all. And off he goes, taking them all on a grand tour of Cademimu. Of course, with him being a low level, they make short work of him and he dies about half a mile away from the rest of us (and by the way, if you are reading this and recognise yourself Mr. Lvl20, no, the healer does not suck if they don't chase you to heal you when you decide to run away). Boss is dead by this point, but we have to wait for the adds to run back to us so we could kill them.

Lvl 70 helpfully points out (again) that it's better to keep the adds on the boss next time, so they die quicker.

All the trash has to die on the way to last boss, because reasons, I guess. Lvl 34 runs off of the edge of the elevator and dies, yet again. It is at this point I can almost see the will to live ebbing away from the other lvl 70.

We get to the last boss and the lvl34 leaps in, locking out the lvl20. Our jump happy puller either doesn't see message to bring the boss to the safe corner, or just outright ignores it, so the lvl 70 and I just wait for the inevitable to happen. But, not only does our hero decide to stand in the fire, he actively runs into it, dragging the boss with him.

Why? Because "the fire worked in manaan"

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Did an SnV 16m the other night--pugged entirely from fleet other than one guildie. Everything is going great despite a couple dps either jumping ahead or accidentally pulling by standing too close to mobs before the tank gets there, but nothing too time-consuming or annoying. People seem in good humor. Then we get to that market area with the annoying spreadout trash mobs. The Stimfiends are doing a number on us without focus, and some people kept getting knocked into separate mobs. There was a couple wipes due to this bit of disorganization. One of the healers makes a snide remark and "disconnects." Once people stop running back and engaging, I just mark the targets and now that we're more organized it goes easily.

We proceeded to one-shot the rest of it.

It always amazes me the people that quit the first moment something goes bad, especially when it was going well up to that point and we just needed to catch our breath for a sec and organize, and then they miss out on an easy clear because of their impatience. It happens a lot in PvP and now I see it a lot in Ops.

Coincidentally a bit ago I was in a 16m HM SnV and half the group is made of awesome NiM raiders. We're destroying everything, one tiny thing goes awry with a single trash mob and some mild arguing about pulling first, a fourth of the group quits instantly with some snide/rage comments, we fill their spaces quickly, and proceed to destroy the rest of the op like it was nothing.

I just don't get how they think they're saving time by quitting so quickly at the very first sign of trouble.

So I had a pretty weird experience yesterday, I'm just returning to Flashpoints and endgame grinding recently so I decided to queue for Master Mode FPs. Ended up getting a pop for Mandalorian Raiders with all level 70s except one of the DPS and the group was geared well enough for it, thought to myself "Ha, this will be easy. Thank God it's not Blood Hunt." boy how wrong I was.

We enter and mostly kill trash without too many issues, but once we got to the first boss... I try to follow the usual tactics but the DPS have trouble keeping aggro on the dogs, the healer keeps moving around trying to stay away from one of the dogs. And the group itself doesn't seem to stay in one place which then makes me have to also do my best to keep the boss away from the group so the AOE won't hit them or boost the dogs' damage. That doesn't work out, I noticed the DPS weren't also focusing target so their DPS were spread out on the dogs, turns out one of the DPS didn't knew the fight mechanics I proceed to explain them after we wiped, then marked the dogs. The next try ends pretty quickly, one of the DPS dies. Then she quits, the healer quits and the other DPS quits.

In such cases I call Lana and keep solo :D Sometimes impossible, but I'm sure I finished mandolorians in same situation alone. Takes time, but gives all rewards/quest at the end as it was group.

Edited by alexzk

In such cases I call Lana and keep solo :D Sometimes impossible, but I'm sure I finished mandolorians in same situation alone. Takes time, but gives all rewards/quest at the end as it was group.

Not sure if I could personally solo, maybe. But I just bailed and queued for another one, next time I guess I'll try to solo.

• 3 weeks later...

Darth Malgus, Rep Side, Dread Fortress Last boss run. This turned out to be a long one, sorry.

So I decided to get my republic alt to 15k conquest points, as I need that Conqueror achievement and my guild was winning. I play imp side 99% of the time these days, so it's been a hot minute since I played on rep side. I specifically saved DF conquest objective for this situation, so I logged on my Sage Healer and started looking for a group. Coincidentally, few minutes after I logged in, I see a message in general chat about Last Boss run for DF needing a healer. I am happy, this will save me some time. Right? ...

Joined the group, noone above 240 gear, it's ok, it's story mode. Going inside, trash is already cleared, okay, they have wiped before. Alright, let's see what happens. Fight starts, I assumed they knew tactics, right? First phase is fine, on 2nd phase they spread around, lightning hits the whole arena, half of the group dies. We res one but obviously can't continue with like 5-6 people or whatever we had. Boom, half of the group says "I am done, bye".

Okay, I am willing to give it another try, tell the leader to gather the group again and I will tell tactics. He agrees, gathers more people from Fleet (somehow again, not even one who can potentially carry, judging by their gear ratings, but ok). I explain every single phase in detail, people seem to be fine to start. All phases until "clock" are going fine, then the other healer disconnects. I didn't take my sorc's gear, used Ossus 232 set, so obviously couldn't solo heal it, we wipe. It's fine, unfortunate crash at a bad time but he comes back. We start again, get to the finger phase and... Only tank and dwt, me and another dps stay on the correct spots. The rest are roaming around. Wipe. Tank says "I am done with this" and leaves (after only 1 and a half wipes? Seriously?), 2 more dps and a healer follow.

I tell the group leader to reform (I am still hopeful for this group, after all with me they had only one real wipe, no big deal - I didn't know exactly how long they wiped before me though...) and go to imp side to grab my sorc's 252/258 gear set to be able to cover up their mistakes some more. In an experienced group I could just solo heal with that gear, but we take another healer just to be safe. 2 of the newly joined players seem decently geared, dwt and the healer are at 248 or so. Okay, we got this!

Quick recap of the tactics (while waiting, was talking to one commando who was in the group from the start and was one of the main reasons of wipes, the guy doesn't even know what "ops frame" is. So, yeah, really new. It's ok, I explain it to him, also explain augmenting and what stats he needs, what relics are best etc). We start yet again. Leader respecced to tank as we couldn't find one, it's going fine. I do notice that even though I grabbed my best gear, the group seems to receive even less heals than before... What is this new healer (decently geared) doing? Seem to cast some heals, all good at a first glance, but the HPS is just not there. He also never cleanses the Kephess phase debuff. Alright, I got this, I can cover his lack of heals, no big deal. Right?

4 more wipes follow with people dead to lightning phase, with people not killing droids clockwise, with people failing finger phase again (pulled a guy to his spot, he ran away from it.). And that's after I explained all the tactics, put down markers for fingers. I am getting tired and a bit mad, I am doing everything in my power to help this group through but it's just not going well. I tell them I can do one more try. At the key moments I literally type in announcement channel: "fingers", "kephess", "prepare for droids, go clockwise, I marked the first one", "remember positions", basically what an ops leader always says in voicecomms during a fight. What I get in return is "are you my mommy, telling me what to do?" followed up by him (and well, few others) completely ignoring Kephess and staying on boss, so Kephess cleaves half the group. Ok... I do need to be your mommy this time, it seems. ;)

We get to finger phase, people finally stand more or less correctly but the healing from the other healer is almost non-existent, I am barely keeping the group up... Then I also notice that most of the DPS are already attacking hands while there is still one finger alive! Of course, he kills some dps... Then the dwt (poor vanguard, you tried your best but your class just isn't suitable for such hard carry :( ) dies too. I scream in chat about the finger, it finally goes down but now the slam is hitting everyone as dwt died and res is already used. I try my best to heal it through, another dps literally walks into the slam and dies yet we get to last phase anyway. 3 DPS alive, 2 healers, in a normal circumstances we could do it. Nope, DPS is so low that the boss's debuff goes to like 40-45 stacks while she is still above 20%, I can't heal it through, we die.

I am tired, I am pissed off that they are making it seem so hard while it isn't. I leave. The other healer turns out to be extremely toxic (not surprising for how bad of a healer he was) and whispers me something like "everyone cheered after you left". I might have gotten a bit mad in the end, mostly because I was tired but I didn't say anything overly aggressive. And how can you cheer for me leaving if without me you wouldn't even know what to do? Oh well.

20 minutes later I get a whisper from the leader that the group fell apart again after a few more wipes (that's 3 or 4 tries to form a group in total). Just to check if I was right about the toxic healer, I whisper him, asking if they cleared. He literally lies to me and says "yep, all cleared, easy". He couldn't even admit his mistakes...

May be it's my bad luck but on imp side I never get such pugs. Granted, I run with my guild most of the time. But the pug runs that I do, usually are easy and quick.

2 hours wasted on that Last Boss run, I was too scared to try pugs again, so I just go do some Rampages, get conquest done and go back to imp side. Glory to the Empire!

Edited by Equeliber

May be it's my bad luck but on imp side I never get such pugs. Granted, I run with my guild most of the time. But the pug runs that I do, usually are easy and quick.

TfB LB last week, pug on imp side. In the burn phase two melee DPS decided not to attack the boss because it's too far away and just stood on their platforms :) Fortunately we were able to compensate and cleared it.

Edited by juliushorst

TfB LB last week, pug on imp side. In the burn phase two melee DPS decided not to attack the boss because it's too far away and just stood on their platforms :) Fortunately we were able to compensate and cleared it.

I don't know whether I laugh or cry at this one.

had an ec sm group where most of the people were from the same guild and they decided you need 3 people up in the tower at minefield. one to do the puzzle, one to kill add that spawns there and one to heal them :rak_02:

Oh where to start...

HS run guy goes afk after the first boss type thing, we reached the second boss and beat him then sat at the computer for a good 5 minutes before deciding to punt him. 30 seconds later we all got whispers from him yelling at us for kicking him just because he had to be away for a quick sec... Group leader decided to give him a second chance and invited him back in where he promptly went afk again for the rest of the round (we kicked again at final boss)

Battle of Rishi: One guy quit because he wasn't going to "play catch up" since we decided to run ahead while he was loading... For the record we were standing at the first mob you face waiting for him. Second guy seemed hellbent on attracting every skipable mob he could. He later quit just before the second boss while running from what I thought was an impressively large group of enemies leaving me and the other guy to deal with them.

HS again: I constantly get yelled at by a mara for not drawing aggro (I was playing tank) yet he constantly kept running ahead of the group. He also yelled at the healer for not healing.. They were, just they were stuck on me not him because they knew if anything even looked at them funny I would steal aggro.

And then in a span of 5 random FP's we had someone drop out 3 times. Never wiped just left because of whatever. In each of those 3 I had to argue with a guy that his 10 influence companion was not a better healer than my 50 just because he was higher level than I was.... One even tried to argue that his companion was better geared.

One even tried to argue that his companion was better geared.

Oh man this cracked me up really good :).

Was doing a full clear in DF SM and we hit a snag at the last boss. The jugger tank decided with all their might to try to dodge the tentacle slam during the fingers phase. Let me tell you, it was a sight to behold, this bloke spinning/running strafing, you name it, in circles, and the slam along with the giant telegraph tracking them perfectly.

Needless to say, raid got slammed... A lot. Pretty much caused a wipe as there were 3 people alive for last phase.

Next try the jugger tank was at it again, running in circles like a dog chasing its tail. It took about 2 dozen tank markers before they finally realised where they need to stay put at.

Afterwards I learned that they were a PVPer. They are so bad at ops, I swear.

Oh man this cracked me up really good :).

Next try the jugger tank was at it again, running in circles like a dog chasing its tail. It took about 2 dozen tank markers before they finally realised where they need to stay put at.

Afterwards I learned that they were a PVPer. They are so bad at ops, I swear.

I've been seeing this a lot - tanks who keep running around because if they stand still 'they'll take damage'. Great fun when you're a melee dps or a healer trying to keep up with the half the raid getting hit with the cleaves.

Sometimes tanks should avoid the big damage hits but most times it's their JOB to stand there and take it.

Omg. A friend told me to post this here. XD

Just had a flashpoint pub side where it was me on a male toon, 2 other dps, and a male toon healer (male toon thing is necessary to know, I'll get to that) with a hilarious name. I complimented their name and we get to chatting as we kill things. Cue only non-lvl 70 beginning to throw a fit. He tells us to quit chatting and just kill things. Like, the stuff was dying quick? What problem was there? Korriban Incursion btw. Anyways, so we ignore him, but chat falls silent for a bit cause awkward now with that guy. We continue on, kill the first boss, and then we get to the convo part. Now I play all the way zoomed out so I can't really see the characters. And I love outfits so I see the healer with an outfit combination I'd never seen before in the cutscene and I compliment him. Apparently this is the last straw for Mr. Not 70. He aborts the npc conversation, quits the group, and tells us to cut the "ho/mo sh/it" as he's being kicked from the phase. Even the fourth member was like "what the heck?". Needless to say, we called a comp and continued on our merry way with me having another name on the ignore list. XD Hate to break it to the rando dude, but I hope he doesn't ever get around to seeing Theron and Cytharat flirt options. Kinda hard to play an MMO with bi and gay NPCs if one can't handle the players being friendly. :p

Edited by AmiHale

Had a guy a few days ago, low level, I think he was around 23 or something. Clearly new to the game as 'clueless' isn't even close to how he was. I'm going to call him Mr. CapsLock, because everything he typed was in caps.

Anyways, on my sorc, the only lvl 70 in the vet group working our way through Tython. I'm here with Mr. CapsLock, a couple of other DPS around the mid 50's mark. Of course, Mr C dies at the first boss, because the instruction to "stay out of the red circles" is a little too complicated.

"I AM DEDED AND I CANT GET UP!"

Yes, yes you are, and you can stay that way until the boss is as dead as you. We scrape him off the floor and continue on our merry way until the next boss, where Mr CapsLock has an epiphany and works out what Kolto Stations do. Amazingly, he doesn't die.

On to the last boss and we lose a DPS to the purple circles as well as Mr CapsLock. I throw a revive to the DPS, and Mr C comes out with this gem:

"PLZ REVIVE, I AM CHRISTIAN."

Like... what? What on earth does that have to do with.... anything? I am seriously starting to think I have some kind of oddball-attracting aura.

So, that just happened. Ran Korriban Incursion Vet on my merc healer with 3 people in the same guild. 2 70s and a 30something. I've never seen someone in 250 gear (DPS sin, mara, 30something merc queued as healer) be so paper thin. Worse, everything was taking forever to die. Almost wiped on trash. Did I mention 250 gear?

Aside from not knowing mechanics, standing in red circles, standing in even redder circles, dying and needing battle rez, going through 4 cycles of Vent Heat on a boss because they needed that much healing, needing to Vent Heat on trash...

The best part? Get to final boss. At 10%, all 3 DC at the same time. Not even joking - see "Fool 1 disconnected" "Fool 2 disconnected" "Fool 3 disconnected". I kill boss by myself, wait a good 10 minutes (partially because I wanted to see if a vote kick could work, partially because I am a masochist), and gave up.

And the worst part, I can't even ignore them, they're offline.

So, mental note of not grouping with some Ziost-based guild in the future.

Edited by PaxSithari

I've been seeing this a lot - tanks who keep running around because if they stand still 'they'll take damage'. Great fun when you're a melee dps or a healer trying to keep up with the half the raid getting hit with the cleaves.

Sometimes tanks should avoid the big damage hits but most times it's their JOB to stand there and take it.

Funny is, it does not help in pvp too much too :D at least jumping. All melee skills have at least 4m range to prevent this. And channels work like 180 degree.

So running around may only work if opponent is lagging (desync or so).

Best I read in chat, "Battle for Illum" - "Last boss is hard, because you should interrupt" (!!) :D

Nobody knows this skill today, pvp/pve...no matter.

Edited by alexzk

So, mental note of not grouping with some Ziost-based guild in the future.

I've had far more weird runs when I get grouped with 3 in the same guild. Weird things that make no sense. I've always said I've learned more from pugs and have had less weirdness with pugs. Sure some are bad, but the guild runs (when it's another guild) have been interesting to say the least.

I've been kicked more times from those guild flashpoints because I didn't do exactly what their leader/tank demanded. Silly LOS that wasn't needed, or because I didn't run to a certain spot. Weird cult mentality that you couldn't reason with or use logic with at all.

Edited by Zerileth

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't played Merc/Commando healer in a while and just respecced to do MM runs for the weekly. After disconnecting at the last conversation of Black Talon, then before the last boss of Directive 7, I queued again for Directive 7. Group was level 65 assassin tank, level 70 Marauder, and level 70 operative.

We have more trouble than usual on the first pull. At some point I inspect the tank to see he is definitely not geared as a tank, and I don't believe he's in tank spec either.

Replicator goes okay and when we reach Bulwark the tank confirms he is really a DPS. It takes a couple of tries but we finish the fight.

At Mentor, there were a lot of issues. Not interrupting the turret, dying to claw, not destroying the cores. I try to explain the tactics and we have several more attempts with some progress made. On one we reached the last phase, but only two of us were alive so there wasn't enough DPS on Mentor before we died.

But eventually the boss goes down. And in the end it was quite fun, considering from the start I expected the run to fall apart. There was also the fact this wasn't on my main. My Merc has very bad gear and I don't think I can play the class properly:

• I keep forgetting what Kolto Shell does and end up applying it repeatedly
  • I have little idea what to do when moving
  • I use my AoE heal way too infrequently

And probably other stuff I can't remember. Anyway, apparently it was good enough for this.

• 2 weeks later...

New one today, not so much weird but there is one fp that stood out.

A few months ago, I joined a VM Rakata group that was me (level 70 commando) and a trio of guys ranging from 16 to 29. Pulled them through Rhekta and Rand, but ultimately they couldn't get to koltos fast enough on Darok and Arkous, and after three tries of me trying to facetank the fight for five minutes straight with the occasional teammate up, we had to call it quits.

Two Depths of Manann this weekend and the last. Both times I got called out for "unnecessarily kicking* the kolto cans, even though we had already finished the trash in that area.

Side note: Attempted to set up a pug for Gods (big mistake.) Got past Tyth and A&E. latter with only 3 people left towards the end, but wiped four times on Nahut because nobody really got the mechanics, even though I outlined pretty much the whole fight after two explanations. Tank left in a rage because nobody was reading my explanations, and the group fell apart after that.