Bounty Hunters and Troopers

drldrl

I think both of those classes should be able to be Empire or Republic.

BHs just work with whoever pays the most, they hold no allegiance, while Troopers are on both sides, but only playable on the Republic side. Anyone else agree or is it just me?

The Smuggler and the Bounty, along with the Republic Trooper and the Imperial Agent are the mirrors of each other... in terms of story.

If you made a Republic Bounty Hunter it would just be similar to the Smuggler as the Smuggler is the Republic's Mercenary story.

The same thing with a Imperial Trooper would just be similar to the Imperial Agent, if nothing else, similar to the Republic Trooper.

Basically you couldn't create an entirely new story out of those idea without them feeling to... similar with what is available.

Sith troopers are little more than cannon fodder.

Most BHs (ingame) are Mandalorians, who follow the Mandalore who allied with the Empire.

The Sith economy is far less... Flexible, with far harsher costs for breaking law, which deters potential Smugglers. If you love profits enough to smuggle, Rep or Hutts are far far more profitable.

And aside from Trooper essentially being republic Spec Ops, Rep Intelligence is far more beauracratic, and also at the command of the Senate, so assassinations = no-no.

I've been answering this question since November. Weapons are another story entirely, but the classes are in the factions for a reason. Check my previous posts for a far more indepth, non-iPod post.

It would be hard to cross some over but I'd still love to play greasy smuggler who would hijack a medical shipment to make a buck, and who sees the Republic and the Jedi as pasties ripe for having their pockets picked.

Han Solo distorted the smuggler into Robin Hood who has a heart of gold. Most pirates are just greedy and don't care who they scam.

And how many people feel the law is helpless in some situations and there should be vigilante justice. Perfect for an outside the law good hearted Bounty Hunter.

Edited by Kerensk