Just a thought

Moudama

Not that its the most important thing or anything but i honestly would like to see a playoff for missions.. other than exp. and creds.

I think it would be nice to add a vid or moment when you see how your efforts helped. Like restoring Taris, it would be nice to actually get a view of just how you made things happen.

Idk just wondering if anyone feels the same.

Problematic, you couldn't do it for every planet, as it would get annoying after a few planets, also sometimes you have to go back to a planet later (Alderaan bonus mission for example). Nor could you do it just after you finish the entire story, as you would have a trailer an hour longer, Possibly you could do it after you finish a chapter.

• 2 weeks later...

I completely agree.

I like the idea of a short recap video or at the very least a video showing what you did and how that changed that world a bit.

Im a huge fan of the star wars knights of the old republic games but one thing ive never seen in the game series is the recap of how your choices made a ultimate change to the world around you.. In a way, being good has no meaning, other than "Light" side weapons and a nice white glow, with an occasional thank you from a victim..

Sith can look all around them and see the damage they created, so to the dark side player there is something to smile about.

It just seems like a missing gap.

You can't really do that in an MMO, because the world has to remain static. For instance if you do the Correllia world arc, win, and your faction takes over the planet you can't just have the mobs, quests, etc, just all go away for you. They still need to exist there.

You also do get a sense of what you've accomplished in the final scene the world arcs, plus the next chapter(s) often times explain what happened, ie what faction won what planet, and so on.

You have a valid point.

I wonder if its really that impossible though. Placing little changes in a recap shouldnt change the world around you, but provide a glimpse as to how your decisions altered the landscape, due to repairs, aided in the fight back, or simply freed the planet.

By the recap, i mean a motivational vid, not a permanent change, but a fun glimpse at what you spent a half hour doing.

Might even fill in the gaps between missions... Or when the game gets a bit to repetitive.

You can't really do that in an MMO, because the world has to remain static. For instance if you do the Correllia world arc, win, and your faction takes over the planet you can't just have the mobs, quests, etc, just all go away for you. They still need to exist there.

You also do get a sense of what you've accomplished in the final scene the world arcs, plus the next chapter(s) often times explain what happened, ie what faction won what planet, and so on.

WoW did it ad-nauseum in Pandaria. While I am unhappy with how things look after the questing, I applaud its literary significance.

Alternatively, faction/reputation systems help a lot. Increase your standing with gangs in various planets' underworlds, planetary police forces, political campaigns, by doing jobs for them. Radiant quests work really well here.

Though there needs to be some sort of "incomparable" reward as well. Access to restricted areas is always fun, but the areas have to have some interesting qualities... I shall think much on this.

WoW did it ad-nauseum in Pandaria. While I am unhappy with how things look after the questing, I applaud its literary significance.

Alternatively, faction/reputation systems help a lot. Increase your standing with gangs in various planets' underworlds, planetary police forces, political campaigns, by doing jobs for them. Radiant quests work really well here.

Though there needs to be some sort of "incomparable" reward as well. Access to restricted areas is always fun, but the areas have to have some interesting qualities... I shall think much on this.

You're talking about phasing. It's something WoW introduced back in Wrath of The Lich King if I remember right.

Bioware decided against doing this in the development process giving the reason that they didn't want players who were grouping together to get confused or see things differently, ie "I'm standing over by the mail box." "WHAT MAIL BOX!?"

I personally would've liked phasing, but that's the reason that they (Bioware) gave.

You're talking about phasing. It's something WoW introduced back in Wrath of The Lich King if I remember right.

Bioware decided against doing this in the development process giving the reason that they didn't want players who were grouping together to get confused or see things differently, ie "I'm standing over by the mail box." "WHAT MAIL BOX!?"

I personally would've liked phasing, but that's the reason that they (Bioware) gave.

I do see the conflict there. But that alternative I mentioned would be decent I think.

• 2 weeks later...

That is something i didnt think of.

Doing things like phasing or recapping would make the game stand out more in my opinion. Star Wars has a unique story to play with and bring to life. Its large compared to that of other mmos because its story is based off of a long chain of books, having had movies and other branches grow from its roots.

For this reason adding some background stuff like a simple recap and making it more rewarding to players would really be the cherry on top.

Though i must say im excited to see the new patch coming out. It looks worth paying into the Cartel, for the character mod.

I was hoping to see some of these to! Mostly the battle stuff. They have hover tanks, walkers, drop ships and other models already. Such a shame they couldn't animate them for cutscenes and recaps.

Good point of view. The battles are a perfect example. I was thinking the same thing on the animation for cutscenes. This would be a good example of an amazing filler between gaps in the game.