Planet suggestion thread

Vitas

About oricon...torhead kinda beat you to that. They claim that oricon will be the site of the dread masters last stand in an operation due to release with 1.5

Yes but the leaks are subject to change. It could've been pushed back to 1.6 for all we know. Originally HK-51 and the Belsavis dailies area were to be in 1.3 but that was pushed back to make way for Ranked Warzones and Looking For Group tool.

Dathomir has so many awesome possible storylines.

JK- The Jedi Council senses a huge dark prescene awakening. You find out the Nightsisters have summoned a powerful dark side spirit and you must stop them before the spirit escapes Dathomir.

SW- A rogue sith lord has rallied an army of nightsisters to perform the ultimate dark side ritual, and steal the emperor's power. You as

the Emperor's Wrath

must defeat them.

IA-?

SI- A powerful relic has unearthed an ancient kingdom, bringing with it a powerful dark side nexus, you are sent to investigate.

JC-Trying to protect the Jedi Academy there.

BH-Hunting the leader of the nightsisters?

TR-Sent to make the planet suitable for control?

SM-Hired to smuggle goods to the male slave rebellion going on there, and somehow gets caught up in it all.

The Nightsisters have not been established yet. Tribes of humans would exist, some maybe being female dominant. The possibility of some being also force sensitive is there. Supposably force witches also exist somewhere else in the galaxy.

Edited by Vitas

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They need to stop inventing new planets and star using some of the lore already established in the star wars universe since there's already so many interesting planets they can use.

I agree. Many people love the idea of seeing a fleshed out version of planets they've gotten to know through the lore. I don't mind new ones but I'd like there to be one or 1 originals in there every now and then at least :)

I agree. Many people love the idea of seeing a fleshed out version of planets they've gotten to know through the lore. I don't mind new ones but I'd like there to be one or 1 originals in there every now and then at least :)

That's why this thread is here. If we keep posting here what worlds we'd like to see from the Star Wars universe then hopefully the developers will choose to expand and let players explore them.

How has Lehon not been metioned yet? It was a beautiful planet and central to the Rakatan lore and KOTOR storyline. It would make an excellent edition to this game on so many levels.

Because if the leaks are correct, we could expect Lehon/Rakata Prime to be added in either 1.5 or 1.6 but they're of course subject to change. It'll still be added onto the list eventually.

Edited by Vitas

A few more to add to the list of eligable worlds which would be great see explorable:

Gamorr

Located in the Galov sector of the Outer Rim, it was the homeworld of the Gamorreans. Many travellers and off-worlders were recommended not to come here due to the brutish lifestyle of its sentient species. The Gamorreans would often fight between each other and many cities were controlled by different clans. Crime lords would come here looking for soldiers and mercenaries to join their underworld which the Gamorreans were a perfect choice. Any sort of dangerous sport could be found here such as gladitorial fights and pod/swoop racing. Gamorr's surface was covered in jungles, forests, mounains, plains and tundras; and a mobile mushroom known as the Snoruuk was found here which the Gamorreans would farm and herd.

Myrkr

A forested planet in the Myrkr system within the Inner Rim, it was the original homeworld of the Neti who under unknown circumstances had left to colonize the planet Ryyk. A very force sensitive world, it was the home of the Ysalamir, lizards who could repel the Force by creating a Force-neutral bubble; and the Vornskr, canine beasts which could hunt using the Force. Many individuals came here seeking Ysalamiri as pets so to help protect them from both Jedi and Sith attacks. During the Mandalorian wars, the planet was the site of a battle between the Mandalorians and the Republic which the Mandalorians had won.

Orvax IV

A planet in the Savareen sector of the Outer Rim, it was colonized by the violent and brutish T'surr. The planet became a central slave world where slaves of all different species could be bought and sold here. Whilst not a city wide planet, it did feature some wide city landscapes with a couple tall buildings. Structures of different alien and cultural designs were found here where the wealthy slave lords resided whilst the hundreds of slaves were kept in the dungeons below.

Edited by Vitas

Because if the leaks are correct, we could expect Lehon/Rakata Prime to be added in either 1.5 or 1.6 but they're of course subject to change. It'll still be added onto the list eventually.

Can you link to that? Leaks on 1.5 and 1.6? Holy crap, I'm missing a lot I guess.

Can you link to that? Leaks on 1.5 and 1.6? Holy crap, I'm missing a lot I guess.

Page is currently down but it was located here:

http://www.torhead.com/guide/leaks

Search in Google "swtor leaks" and the results should give you the details from numerous sites reporting about what's planned to be included based on in-game files that have been found in the game. However the plans of what's found in the leaks is subject to change as it originally showed 1.3 to feature HK-51 and that was of course moved ahead to make way for the LFG Tool, Ranked Warzones and adaptive gear.

Edited by Vitas

Few more worlds to add to the list which just be perfect:

Benja-Rihn

A desert planet located in the Sevastol sector of the Mid Rim, it was the homeworld of the Carthasians. The Carthasians were often attacked by an insectoid-like species who sought to attack their capital city of Carthas. Their main place of worship was the Temple of Tet-Ami which there a sacred orb known as the Orb of Pasage was there that allowed anyone to be able to travel back in time to any random date. Circa. 4000 BBY, a Jedi referred to as Tet-Ami, the Time Guardian, mysteriously arrived there using the orb and saved the Carthasians from the invaders. In his honor they built a statue in the temple and which is where the orb sat. Since then, the Jedi have sought to protect the world and the temple until the day that Tet-Ami, also known as Mace Windu, would come to join the Jedi Order.

Umbara

Sometimes referred to as the "Shadow World", it was located in the Ghost Nebula of the Expansion Region and the homeworld of the Umbarans. The planet's surface was covered in perpetual darkness due to the sun's rays unable to penetrate through the nebula. Light was emitted by both technology and the local flora. The Umbaran's produced some unique technology including ships, walkers, weapons and special armor. The fauna was quite hostile which included the flying predator Banshee and plant-like Vixus.

Zaloriis

A planet in the Zaloriis system within the Expansion Region, it was a barren rocky planet first colonized by settlers from Fondor. A minor industry was set-up here building machines for the Galactic Republic. The surface was sometimes struck by harsh winds, however the main population were mostly protected by the Fantain Mountains, a long collection of mountains. The natives told of legends where travellers would often explore the wastes only to be captured by dune ghosts and never seen again. The planet included a number of fauna such as the rock-lion, a creature similar to the tusk cats on Naboo.

Edited by Vitas

I am missing in this list a favourite world of mine, which is Mon Calamari. The world is mostly aquatic and is featured in the newer Clone Wars cartoons. An aquatic world would give a whole new 3D experience and would provide an opportunity to aquire a whole new set of gear, vehicles etc for submerged travel and combat. Imagine a submerged PvP warzone a little like Alderaan but with 3D movement (could be capture-the-flag style for variation) or a Flashpoint where you have to active devices in the 8 corners of a cube-like area :D

Why would Naboo, an upstart planet with a bit of a civil war brewing be of any interest to the Republic or the Empire?

It has no amazing natural resources, it has no weapons factories or biochemical research faclities worth fighting over. Any excursion by either planet onto Naboo would be a waste of resources. Plus Alderaan already helps us meet our pretty green planet with lots of philosophers, nobles and artists quota. We don't need another.

Similar with Dantooine, it is at this point in time of no interest to either faction, perhaps there could be a plot about rebuilding the Jedi Enclave but considering one of the worst councils in the history of the order housed there I wouldn't be surprised if they'd rather forget about the place.

Still, It's nice to have options of planets! Especially if you are on a RP or RP-PVP server!

I am missing in this list a favourite world of mine, which is Mon Calamari. The world is mostly aquatic and is featured in the newer Clone Wars cartoons. An aquatic world would give a whole new 3D experience and would provide an opportunity to aquire a whole new set of gear, vehicles etc for submerged travel and combat. Imagine a submerged PvP warzone a little like Alderaan but with 3D movement (could be capture-the-flag style for variation) or a Flashpoint where you have to active devices in the 8 corners of a cube-like area :D

I'm not sure if you saying that it's not on the list. If so, it's under 'Dac' which is Mon Calamari's real name.

Of course there are a number of aquatic worlds that it'd also like to see: Ando, Aquilaris, Lehon/Rakata Prime, Manaan and Tarnoonga. A whole list of others can be found here:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Aquatic_planets

Edited by Vitas

I would be interested in the planet of Alphridies, the (adopted) Miraluka homeworld.

It's never been visited before, although I read somewhere that there is an open conflict for the world between the Jedi and the Sith.

I think that with a game that has so many of the species, that we should begin to delve deeper into them, their culture, and their home.

I'd also be very interested to see how a species of "blind" individuals build their cities.

Two more worlds to add to the list which would be great to explore:

Cato Neimoidia

A planet located in the Colonies, it was one of the Neimoidian colonies and purse worlds. Only the richest were allowed to live here with all cities located on bridges which were built along long rock arches high above the clouds. The world was also very rich in ore which many organizations and crime lords held a share in. From the cities high above, it was a very long drop down to the surface where heaps of forests were located rich of flora and some notable fauna.

Gall

One of two moons of the gas giant Zhar in the Cadavine sector of the Outer Rim, it had a rocky surface featuring numerous and very long canyons. Used as a repair and supply depot for ships, it was also the location of enclaves where troops and mercenaries were trained. Smugglers would often hide in the canyons hoping to lose their followers. Consisting of a small population of humans and various other sentient species, one of the world's native creatures were the dangerous insectoid-like Tripion.

Why would Naboo, an upstart planet with a bit of a civil war brewing be of any interest to the Republic or the Empire?

It has no amazing natural resources, it has no weapons factories or biochemical research faclities worth fighting over. Any excursion by either planet onto Naboo would be a waste of resources. Plus Alderaan already helps us meet our pretty green planet with lots of philosophers, nobles and artists quota. We don't need another.

Similar with Dantooine, it is at this point in time of no interest to either faction, perhaps there could be a plot about rebuilding the Jedi Enclave but considering one of the worst councils in the history of the order housed there I wouldn't be surprised if they'd rather forget about the place.

Because Naboo at least in Ep1 made some of the best fighters in the galaxy, and have good materials for them. This would be a good strategic place for the Sith or the Republic to have or fight over, like Mandalore makeing Beskar armor that's almost impervious to lightsabers, or hard to go throgh the armor.

It would be nice to add all the planets, and I think their should be 2 planets, 1 for the republic and 1 for the Sith Empire.

but I have a list, as no 1 planet was better than the other to me much.

Chandrila

Cathar

Dathomir

Dxun

Mandalore

Onderon

Manaan

and Geonosis: Good for PvP or/ and both PvE.

I'd say yes to Manaan, Geonosis, and Dathomir. Definite no on Naboo (why bring the Gungans into a perfectly good game?), also No on Mustafar, if you're going to bring a volcanic world in I'd rather see Sullust.

Dantooine is incredibly boring outside a single-player framework, and even then its not really that exciting, if they were going to add it, have it be a low-level planet.

The one planet above all others I'd like to see appearing would be Lehon, the Rakata homeworld. Both sides have an interest, there's the starship graveyard from the jamming device, the Rakata of modern day live there, who the Republic have an interest in protecting, and the Empire would have an interest in exploiting. Not to mention all sorts of Infinite Empire technology that would be left behind. That's not even accounting for the potential of significant debris or technology from the Star Forge itself. I know, scientifically it wouldn't have done anything other than collapse into the system's sun, but would there be anything more threatening to the Republic than schematics for a Star Forge falling into the hands of the Empire? That might even fuel an entire expansion's worth of conflict.

That's the 1 world I forgot, that was stupid of me. Good solo content and good for some major PvP i'd think.