Planetary Commendations now have a maximum cap of 100 (up from 50).

Vodamin

Conspiracy theory: That was the plan all along. They just set it to 50 initially to destroy their perceived "overabundance" of them.

Which was surprising; usually they do the patch anyway, wait for rage threads then do emergency downtime. :p

Obviously the bug would have been very beneficial to players in some way.

Edited by DarthTHC

Conspiracy theory: That was the plan all along. They just set it to 50 initially to destroy their perceived "overabundance" of them.

My guess was that the 'bug' resets comm totals. Like I said though, just a guess.

100 is nicer to be sure. I hope they give every character the 100 to start as well because I lost tons of commendations in the switch and what I am earning with my current character is essentially useless because I am capped AND can't buy stuff for a higher level than I have.

Unlikely, considering they announced the comm caps before 2.0.

I just need to ask. What can you get from the planetary vendors that you needed the cap raised?

You really shouldn't be able to save all the commendations from the last few planets and be able to get a few makeb mods as soon as you have the level from them.

Unlikely, considering they announced the comm caps before 2.0.

Indeed - there was enough advance warning, including the "buffer" number (100 max) prior to the conversion that there was plenty of time to spend the overage of comms necessary. I have 16 toons and had no problems ensuring all were under the 100 buffer limit when 2.0 hit.

But anyway, thank you for the increase - it will make leveling on each planet a lot smoother and more fun once again without having to waste time (and credits) going back and forth between the fleet and the planets.

I just need to ask. What can you get from the planetary vendors that you needed the cap raised?

You really shouldn't be able to save all the commendations from the last few planets and be able to get a few makeb mods as soon as you have the level from them.

Why not? The jump from elder game planets to makeb in terms of mob damage is huge. A fresh 50 with scrub corellia and lower gear mods will have a tough time leveling in makeb

I usually like to manage my currencies at will (my will). A cap of 100 is an improvement, but not the awesomeness.

1 or 2 days of normal questing plus the heroics missions were enough to reach the 50 cap, which "forced" the player to interrupt their questing and spend the commendations in non wanted stuff (because the equipment level restriction).

A cap of 100 is more reasonable, it gives the time to reach the level required which is usually when the planet is "completed", it also gives more room so the players can save some commendations for the next planets.

Btw, your statement is false, since you can carry a big amount of other currencies from lvl 1 to lvl 55.

yes this 50 cap was severely annoying. Due to some bs with purchases and returning some items i actually lost a bunch of comms. Apparently if you had the overflow, but didnt spend down far enough below it when you return items you lost the comms that would take you above the 50 cap. I submitted a report for it and was told i'm sol because they cant give back past cap. I also seriously underestimated the comm drops during the 52-53 quests and lost out on a bunch because i didn't feel like spending hours trying to spend my comms so i stayed under the cap. I wanted to play the game! It seems to me they would not have done this on thier own volition and there must have been plenty of people ************ about losing comms so they should compensate some back.

50 was a stupid idea to start with and i have no clue where they pulled that number from. All the other comms have a much higher limit so why make these 50? Questing on one planet alone would be enough to hit the cap and who wants to halt playing to spend boring time trying to figure out how to spend comms just so you dont lose out.

Agreed. This should reduce the number of necessary Fleet trips during storylines to once before each new planet. That's tolerable.

Now just fix the level 55 training dummy on my characters' ships, and I'll be out of things to complain about. ;)

Edited by SW_display_name

It's still stupid, if it's 100 it can be 999; and they should be shared across the Legacy. How does LotRO have good in game voice, and an account based wallet for years now and this idea not make it's way into this game?

There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to share everything but warzone coms across your characters.

That's going to make thing so much better. Won't have to travel to fleet 2-3 times each planetary quest arc to spend down comms...

Why would you need to go back to fleet? Comms vendors are local on every planet for level apprpriate gear/coms.

Why would you need to go back to fleet? Comms vendors are local on every planet for level apprpriate gear/coms.

that's true but most people are about 1-3 levels above the planet, so they have to spend the comms on the next planet vendor just to upgrade their gear+mods

Yes, but depending on your character level, there are mods and items that you can get from the next planet's vendors before finishing the one you are on. That being the case, it wouldn't make too much sense to get something of lower level than you can get by going to the fleet. This also saves time from having to re-mod your gear as well.

that's true but most people are about 1-3 levels above the planet, so they have to spend the comms on the next planet vendor just to upgrade their gear+mods

Some are.. that is true. But not everyone.. and is a 10 minute detour to fleet really all that traumatic once every day or two or three? The difference in time lost is small.. since most vendors on planet are already at the ship arrival/departure location. Between fleet pass and quick travel... it's really a fairly short trip... and most time will be spend lookie-looing the items at the merchant... not travel time. If you have legacy travel to your ship.. it's even more trivial.

Edited by Andryah

It's actually very annoying, because you com-cap around 35-40% into a planet (assuming you spend all of your coms down to nothing before arriving). Then you have to travel to Fleet (not everyone has Fleet Passes) — which is a laggy mess on weaker systems due to all the models packed into one place — and do your business.

Then get in your ship, travel back, run through the spaceport (Quick Travel might still be on cooldown because you use it constantly to shortcut mission objectives), speeder back to where you were...

This can waste 20-30 minutes or more in total. Is that a world-ending issue? No, of course not. But that's a really huge chunk of play time if someone has only limited time to play each day, and there's no reason to inflict it on people. Even if someone has lots of time to play, it's just annoying and inconvenient.

For sure, file it under "quality of life", not "priority #1 issue". But it's a good change and I appreciate the devs listening to our complaints about the 50 cap.

As to what to buy for overabundance of comms, I personally equipped my smuggler in Rakata-level mods (xyz 25, sold by Makeb vendor) even before starting Corellia, so now I have a decent equipment for running on Makeb and in some flashpoints to grab BH/DG before moving on to Arkanian

Nope, not the case.

The bug was explained by EricMusco in this Thread. Quote:

I got the all clear to explain to all of you what the bug we encountered was to hopefully give some visibility into our decision. What we encountered was a user interface bug where buffs and debuffs were no longer displaying any form of graphical countdown to show their duration. AKA that little white overlay which disappears slowly as an ability is timing out was gone.

I know at first glance that might sound really minor, but think about it during your actual gameplay. Any class which has a DoT, HoT, debuff, buff, or proc that has a duration would no longer be able to "at-a-glance" see how long was remaining on that skill.

When looking at this bug we felt that it would make some Classes, especially those based around DoTs and HoTs very difficult to play. The last thing we want to do is introduce a bug which, for a subset of entire Advanced Classes, makes the game frustrating to play. Because of this we opted to push this Game Update until we could work on correcting the bug.

I hope that gives you all a bit of insight into the bug and our decision to delay the patch.

-eric

Some are.. that is true. But not everyone.. and is a 10 minute detour to fleet really all that traumatic once every day or two or three? The difference in time lost is small.. since most vendors on planet are already at the ship arrival/departure location. Between fleet pass and quick travel... it's really a fairly short trip... and most time will be spend lookie-looing the items at the merchant... not travel time. If you have legacy travel to your ship.. it's even more trivial.

Are we really going to beat this dead horse? Can we make due with 50, of course. That doesn't mean that it's not a stupid limit that's *********** annoying.

It's all a moot point because they are fixing it.