Imperial Guard outfit

Bobsy

Had the idea of giving Andy (or possibly Talos) a bit of a promotion by putting them in Imperial Guard armour. I know they normally fight with melee weapons but I figure a gunslinger would be nearly as good. Right?

Anyway, has anyone got any hints on how to get that distinctive red armour? I gather it's all medium armour, and I noticed a similar helmet can be got from the Belsavis vendor (though it looked like it had a little too much black on it).

Obviously, having it orange-quality would be massively preferable. Ta!

Had the idea of giving Andy (or possibly Talos) a bit of a promotion by putting them in Imperial Guard armour. I know they normally fight with melee weapons but I figure a gunslinger would be nearly as good. Right?

Anyway, has anyone got any hints on how to get that distinctive red armour? I gather it's all medium armour, and I noticed a similar helmet can be got from the Belsavis vendor (though it looked like it had a little too much black on it).

Obviously, having it orange-quality would be massively preferable. Ta!

There is tons of Red Sith Medium Orange Armour, but I don't think any of the sets exactly match the NPC versions.

Most of the them start "Dread Marauder/Corsair [something]", but most of these are given as quest rewards so it would be hard to get them if your not a Sith Warrior.

There is a red "Marauder Elite" Orange set that is craftable by Synth, but you'd have to find all the schematics individually, as they are not vendor schematics.

Edited by AngelousWang

Another issue is whether those craftables have the "Requires Sith Warrior, Imperial Agent" restrictions. Several times I bought nice orange armors I thought would look great for my companion only to find out they can't wear them.

In the end I went for the following combination:

Helmet purchased with Belsavis commendations

Chest purchased with Corellia commendations

Skirt purchased on Belsavis from speciality goods vendor (approx 40k credits)

All orange gear, all then needed to be modded up to suit a level 50 ranged DPS companion (though if ever I decide on a better look for Andy, I can happily make Talos my new Imperial Guard with no immediate need to change the mods). All three carry the words "Ardent Blade" in the name, though they are of Venerable and Primeval "quality" each. I guess this prefix denotes the level of the gear, so I suppose there's different versions of each floating around.

Anyway.

As has been pointed out, these are by no means an exact match for the Imperial Guard NPCs that you occasionally meet. But I figure that a) most people won't notice the difference, b) this gear actually looks a bit better anyway since it has gold trim, and c) it probably makes more sense that the uniforms for my own personal guard would be somewhat different.

Anyway, it looks pretty fantastic. Now if only I could persuade Kaliyo to squeeze into a suit of standard Imperial Trooper armour...

Edited by Bobsy

I don't, but it looks very similar to the black Ardent Blade's gear that is crafted by high level synthweavers. It's orange quality, and the only difference with the one in the picture is that it has the big wide shoulders.

• 11 months later...

If you want the exact imperial guard outfit there are 2 options now with 1.7.

The Imperial Guards on Malgus's space station can be exactly replicated with:

Marauder Medium Chestplate drop from final boss in the Red Reaper Flashpoint

The Ancient Ardent Medium armor skirt (gtn)

The Section X Imperial reputation vendor helmet

This outfit can also be made with ancient ardent helm but that has gold markings not silver

Option 2

More typical guards outside korriban academy

The Marauder Elite Chest (not red/purple but red/black)

Same skirt as above

And then Belsavis comms head( works best for all red look when bound to red reaper chest plate)

I currently have option 1 minus the section x head because it requires champion reputation but the set looks awesome especially with purple sabers