Idea about free server transfers - when it come live

Tonwan

So i was thinking since everyone will start transfering im sure 70% of swtor population will start transfering all around searching for highly populated servers i had an idea maybe to make a list or something so people know where to transfer and not transfer again to some server that has chance of becoming ghost town again.

So would be a great idea to let's say theoretically we make list of the servers whos gonna be enlisted as high active servers no matter which rolle they gonna be PVP, RP or PVE.

Beacuse i had almost situation back in WoW days when i went from dead server and actually went to the pretty high popualted server who died in a few months and become dead server aswell. So like just saying maybe it would be nice to have some kind of List of ''highest populated severs'' to transfer on.

i honestly think free server transfers are one of the worst ideas ive heard yet in sw tor

have fun when the community kills every server but like 3

eather way,with the annoucement of like 25 percent of subs lost or whatever.id bet that merges are gonna come before transfers anyway

Edited by CrunkShizzle

i honestly think free server transfers are one of the worst ideas ive heard yet in sw tor

eather way,with the annoucement of like 25 percent of subs lost or whatever.id bet that merges are gonna come before transfers anyway

I love how you are jumping from thread to thread bashing the game, can you please got back to your copy of wow instead of trolling on forums of the game you dont even play ? jeez...

original purchase free month subs expired in january. that makes up the greatest portion of the 400k subs.

original purchasers who only played for a month. that isnt recent number. 400k people didnt just up and decide one day to leave. it was stated by ea that the most % was the original free month folks not resubbing. that is all.

there wont be sever merges, there wont be massive everyone gets a transfer either.

we will get limited free transfers most likely to repopulate low pop servers or to empty low pop servers.

most likely if your server has a healthy pop you wont get a free transfer option. except to bring other toons into your legacy on one server.

than after all that goes thru. which will take a few maintenance cycles, a limited paid transfer system will come. just like most other mmorpgs out there.

have fun with your anti game anti bioware ranting though it entertains the rest of us.

So i was thinking since everyone will start transfering im sure 70% of swtor population will start transfering all around searching for highly populated servers i had an idea maybe to make a list or something so people know where to transfer and not transfer again to some server that has chance of becoming ghost town again.

So would be a great idea to let's say theoretically we make list of the servers whos gonna be enlisted as high active servers no matter which rolle they gonna be PVP, RP or PVE.

Because i had almost situation back in WoW days when i went from dead server and actually went to the pretty high populated server who died in a few months and become dead server as well. So like just saying maybe it would be nice to have some kind of List of ''highest populated severs'' to transfer on.

if you read what bioware has said about server transfers.

it will be at first limited...to what we can only speculate but using a lot of other mmorpgs as example, most likely incentive to switch to low pop from high pop. limited to set servers.

also really low pop servers will most likely get transferred to a server or others transfer in from extreme low pop servers to fill one. almost like a merge but instead its transfer all toons from a few servers onto one.

once a couple maintenance cycle pass to corral all the lost toons and dropped items and for the ticket readers to read all the troll and false tickets about high level imaginary lost items from people trying to scam the ticket system.... there will be announcement of low cost one way one time transfers. but they will have to have people choose a perm server and if they have re rolled toons on several servers free legacy consolidation should be done.

so please do not expect open transfers for everyone thats ridiculous and a logistical nightmare.

also it would pretty much be the same thing people one high pop server will look for low pop. low pop look for higher pop and in the end a bunch of low low pop servers all over again. the point is to empty a few servers, get people onto servers with more population, and maybe lessen some high pop server loads by re populating mid to low pop servers.

if you use a bit of logic, and other mmos that had similar issues...... you cant expect bioware to just pop off with open free for all.......thats silly talk.

for the record. i may be wrong, but thats how i see it working out.

so dont get all excited about open ended free for all server transfers. early summer time. first they will do some population management and control, then incentive filling, a bit of legacy collation, then paid transfers for all.

it will take most likely more than 2 months to get it all said and done to the paid transfers during maintenance cycle once a week. simple logic and previous games action times taken into account.

argue all you want folks. i think im being pretty realistic here.

remember though, the whole point is to have fun and be entertained........