overwhelming proof of intentional FACTION imbalaning on some DEVS part .. imho ...

Part_Time_Hero

let me clear some things I know for a fact up real quick.

Electrocute does NOT ignore the resolve bar, thta bar fills up almost all the way when I stun someone for 4 sec.

And Overload, Sorc's knockback is most certainly not instant. My dude has to jump up in the air, sometimes do a spin within his flip, then knock people away.

Your post was just a little too long for me to read otherwsie. And I don't know about some of the stuff. From what I have seen though, Empire V Republic, the minor differences in timing get made up for in other places. For example, Telekentic throw has a bit of a delay over Shock, but the Sage pushback from what I've been affected is instant, rather than animation then hit.

Again, I'm sure it feels frustrating, but these aren't game breaking things, especially without a rated system in effect quite yet. IF they do ever do anything rated, then I'm sure we will see 100% balanced, but in the meantime, why not enjoy some of the flavor.

Also BOO FREAKING HOO on the Alderan thing, you guys play that so much there is no reason you shouldn't dominate Empire with strategy and calling stuff out 80% of the time.

ill say up frront i didnt read all your post but first line is wrong ... devs acknowledged the bug on ignore resolve bar and are fixing it

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To long to read and care about. SI uses Energy not Elemental, Get that stright. Also sorry don't believe anything of what you had to say about the Devs giving Sith more advantage over Republic. Learn to play or leave. I hate WZ right now because of the balance of Gearer lvl 50s vs everyone else. But I still play alittle and will play more WZ's once Brackets are in place. Peace.

It's funny because the only people who think these inconsistencies are fine or just brush it off as a non-issue are Empire players.

Oh well, Yoda doesn't care. The fact is that you NEED power in numbers and dirty rotten advantages behind the scenes to give you a fighting chance.

It still won't save you from the wrath of the light side in the long run.

You wretched hive of scum & villainy. You will succumb to our righteous death blow once and for all eventually.

Edited by Nowhere

Consular one really needs a fix. They shouldn't have 20% less damage than an Inquisitor (if that is true). All the rest need to be fixed as well, but that one takes the cake.

Problem is the fact that this damage stuff is just coming to light due to tanks realizing they cannot tank in PvP.

Only "weapon damage" basically the WHITE damage is fully mitigatable. Kinetic is only reduced by armor and everything else ... you might as well be naked.

This game has potential but they seem to be completely missing the point. I expect a mass exodus in the next 2-3 weeks if there are not some obvious balance fixes posted in the patch notes on the test forum.

It's funny because the only people who think these inconsistencies are fine or just brush it off as a non-issue are Empire players.

Oh well, Yoda doesn't care. The fact is that you NEED power in numbers and dirty rotten advantages behind the scenes to give you a fighting chance.

It still won't save you from the wrath of the light side in the long run.

You wretched hive of scum & villainy. You will succumb to our righteous death blow once and for all eventually.

so your disagreeing with all the number points without reading them ?

awesome logic

OP is right about the faction imbalance, but likening it to some grand conspiracy de-legitimizes his position. It would be better if you rationally explained the issues without all the melodramatic idiocy.

say what you will but the chances / probability of all the faction imbalances being against repulic are equivelent to winng the lottery ... so maybe we won the lottery on republic ... :p

Funny how my giant rock won't interrupt caps instantly.

i cant count how many times i've let a bomb get planted or turret taken cause that stupid rock may take up to 2 seconds to hit the target, they should just make the dmge instant, keep the animation.

and REALLY LEAVES A BAAADDDDDD TASTE in my mouth for a company I have LOVED FOR YEARS AND YEARS :(

Relax, relax. People make mistakes. Game companies are run by people. There will be mistakes too. I'm sure these things will be corrected over time.

Just like your mistake. SIs do Energy and Kinetic damage, not Elemental. It's the basic premise of all of your frustration and anger, yet you got it completely wrong. Now just relax, sit back, and try to have fun. That's what games are for... ;)

Re roll as a sith or just learn to deal, don't quit a game because you THINK the dev's are overpowering on particular faction. We can all agree that this is an outstanding game that we all enjoy. Me personally ,if I know the other player has the advantage it makes me try that much harder to "own" him and put him down. Makes killing the other player much more rewarding

Please tell me which part of the game is 'outstanding', i think i missed it.

ill say up frront i didnt read all your post but first line is wrong ... devs acknowledged the bug on ignore resolve bar and are fixing it

it defo fills the resolve bar because i have to make sure some one has no resolve so i can electrocte then knock em off the edge in hutball. If they have any resolve electrocute will fill it up and the knock wont work ?

Where is this devs post quote it pleas ???? i cant find it

pic or it didnt happen !!!!!1

Edited by lethal_ghost

The OP is pure derpitude. Every single thing he is crying about has been mentioned as known bug or something that they are going to fix in some future patch.

I guarantee that the OP isn't going to cancel his account because he knows this is all stuff bneing adressed or at least known issue. retarded tripe.

Thing is once all the bugs are fixed Empire has benefitted from it to a degree that has Rep's playing catch up. So if it takes 2 monthes to get right are you ok with them sporting us 2 monthes of unfairness to balance the scales? I didnt think so. Its all hunky dory and understandable when your on the side reaping the benefits.

The villains are supposed to be more powerful than the heroes. The heroes are meant to be the underdogs. They are simply following Star Wars lore.

Everyone knows that the heroes always win even when they are underdogs with their faces shoved in the dirt adversity makes the better players/heroes and good always triumphs nuff said :D Id personally rather have a challenge if all this is true everytime empire loses they should feel like pieces of crap and i dont rememebr where i saw it but i believe it was somewhere around 43% of the time lol

Edited by Taloon-

it's been said before, but clearly needs to be said again.

EMPIRE SI - ENERGY DAMAGE / REPUBLIC COUNSULAR - KENETIC

ENERGY = KINETIC Damage.

Same mitigation principles.

Yup. I was much like the OP when I first seen it. Then I did a little research...

Energy = Blaster shots / SI lightning.

Kenetic = Physical damage / Consular Rocks.

Well, I play both sides, and have since early beta. There is a big difference between the mirrors.

The one that is really killing me is the longer animations on republic, and ability delay makes getting stuck in an animation, which stops you from performing another skill until the animation is finished, even worse.

o look an empire player ... heh

yes i can tell by your pic :)

I play both factions, I have a toon of every ac. So there goes that theory. And even if i was pure empire, that has nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that the issues have been mentioned as being worked on, looked at, or planned to be fixed.

say what you will but the chances / probability of all the faction imbalances being against repulic are equivelent to winng the lottery ... so maybe we won the lottery on republic ... :p

What possible motivation could someone have for intentionally ruining their game AND their credibility. No dice.

I think it has more to do with lore than intentional malice. Sith use electricity. Electricity tavels at the speed of light. They probably just didn't consider that it would make a big impact in pvp. But as part of some grand conspiracy to give one side an advantage over the other in a game they depend on for their livelihoods? That is stupid-talk.

You know, I was originally going to say

Umadsir? :csw_trooper:

BUT

Even the Troopertroll cannot argue that, however raging your points may be, they are all entirely true.

:csw_guard:The power of the Empire is infinite, and unbalanced.

Edited by SevTrando

i cant count how many times i've let a bomb get planted or turret taken cause that stupid rock may take up to 2 seconds to hit the target, they should just make the dmge instant, keep the animation.

so throw pebbles instead. its not rocket surgery, if you want to interrupt use something that takes effect instantly. derp

Relax, relax. People make mistakes. Game companies are run by people. There will be mistakes too. I'm sure these things will be corrected over time.

Just like your mistake. SIs do Energy and Kinetic damage, not Elemental. It's the basic premise of all of your frustration and anger, yet you got it completely wrong. Now just relax, sit back, and try to have fun. That's what games are for... ;)

that was actually only one small thing he said of many tens of faction imbalances some of which he listed if you would have read them .... most every single one of them are documented well .. but hey we do not have a search function here :p

so you need to use google heh

no it's not. both classes damages have to run through defensive filters.

^this is correct. Which just reinforces why I commented in another thread why people should use fact as opposed to opinions (generally biased to suit there post). However the turret and timer issue the op brought up looks like a big issue that BW needs to address.

You don't understand. That's a channeled ability, which still takes time to hit. ALL Inquisitor attack are instantaneous. PVP's not worth the headache in this game for the Republic as of yet.

and the lightning is also a channeled ability, *** are you deliberately trying to be obtuse or does it just happen naturally?