People Boasting about their Skills in other games.

Hitmanblood

The thing is, what you were outside this game means nothing, you could be rank one in World of Warcraft, Rift, Aion ect, but that means nothing in this game.

What you guys are saying is if i am the best NBA 2k12 player in the world, im gonna be one of the best NFL madden players. Sorry it does not work that way. You have to work to get a name or your self in this game.

Prove your skills in this game. In the PvP Guild i am in, we almost turn down people who boast about their skills in other games without them saying why they will be good in this game.

The thing is, what you were outside this game means nothing, you could be rank one in World of Warcraft, Rift, Aion ect, but that means nothing in this game.

What you guys are saying is if i am the best NBA 2k12 player in the world, im gonna be one of the best NFL madden players. Sorry it does not work that way. You have to work to get a name or your self in this game.

Prove your skills in this game. In the PvP Guild i am in, we almost turn down people who boast about their skills in other games without them saying why they will be good in this game.

Best vid ever^ goes perfect with this.

Boasting =\= trying to find people with common skill levels in previous games to play with. Get off of your high horse...just posting stupid stuff like this makes you worse than them.

Excuse me, your asking me to "get off your high horse" Your skill level in a DIFFERENT game has nothing to do with this game. Did you even read my post or just the title.

People on these forums, seems like the Average IQ is just dropping.

Excuse me, your asking me to "get off your high horse" Your skill level in a DIFFERENT game has nothing to do with this game. Did you even read my post or just the title.

Your skill level in other games does matter. If you perform well with mmo pvp in other games then there is a good chance you can adapt to this game. You know all those FPS games about modern combat? It's kind of like that. They aren't all the same but there are enough similarities that you can expect people to do well if they have performed well on other games.

As someone who has played similar MMOs I can tell you that my skill in one MMO usually transitions to another due to knowing how to set up my interface, not use the S key, and have a general idea of how to maximize efficiency due to doing it on other games.

Someone that is rank one in WoW will find it much easier to be successful here than someone that was not that high rated.

What would make you even possibly thing that skill in one game will not transition to another game where the only difference is graphics, tooltips, and different map lay outs? Will someone do worse in BF3 than MW3 because the map looks different?

Chief, competitive e-sport players have, for the most part, very similar skill sets; taking the direct example, SWTOR is mechanically very similar to WoW*, and as such, one might expect a top level WoW player to have a pretty solid handle on SWTOR.

Furthermore, the key to competitive success is far more often the players mindset, and not the use of actual mechanics. When you look at a players success in one game and take the actual mechanics out of the picture and focus on mindset, you're left with the conclusion that said player has a universal leg-up on 'regular' players in any similar game that player plays - like going to SWTOR from WoW.

*WoW is not technically an e-sport, but neither is SWTOR. The argument should apply the same regardless.

This game plays exactly the same as those games. You're wrong and your guild is terrible.